Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

John F

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by John F »

John F wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:01 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:39 pm
The last 12 months have clearly shown that the lack of ambition by the board is proper biting us now. Ancellotti was ours for the taking, he's currently 2nd in the league with a worse squad of individuals than we have at our disposal.
The decisions to exclude players from the squad is a major disaster and football karma is hitting us hard. The squad is too big, players are refusing to leave until their contracts expire which is categorically killing the club.
Yes, arteta will be crucified but the problems are much deeper in the club and until those are sorted out, he (arteta) hasn't a hope in hell of pulling this around. Any manager with ambition will not come anywhere near this club now until the rotten players are out.
Forget Allegri, Simone, Rodgers, Vieira or even freddie. None of them will come anywhere near us. Freddie left the club because he saw from the inside what the problems are and that they weren't going to get sorted.

The people running the club need to terminate players contracts and pay them off now. No pissing about get rid of them now. The cost of relegation is greater than the cost of keeping these players on the books.
That's why I just didn't understand the signings of Soares and Willian.Edu and Arteta just added two more over paid journey men to the club.This has the Leeds situation written all over it.Initial success followed by complacency and Chaos behind the scenes,poor financial decisions,Gradual slide down the table ,frequent change of managers ending in relegation with a large debt.What is going on with this site it is taking ages to load and when I posted some of the text went missing.
It's working all right now😊

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Had a quick flick through the morning sports news - barely a mention of this cock getting fired. Lovely old job

I don't think I've ever seen a top 6 manager allowed to drag his team down to this level and survive, but so foolish do we look in this appointment and so vested are so many, that stubborness and an unwillingness to see the reality of the situation, are going to see us fall a lot further first

We are such an easy team to beat and this goon thinks its just 'small details' and terrible bad luck.

Whilst our Oirish fans couldn't bear to see Calvert Lewin play well, he won every header and knocked our little boys about for fun. Kane does the same, whilst anyone with a bit of pace running down the flanks will terrorise us every time, especially when Bellerin plays. Those aren't "small details" - they are things that continually haunt this side and go unaddressed.

Similarly, another Arteta 'small detail' is that all these crosses we produce will inevitably end up with a spree of goals. Well, my prediction is that you can play Lacazette or Nketiah there all season and you'll still be bemoaning 'small details' and 'bad luck'. I'd say its anything but bad luck when you produce more crosses than anyone else and score fewer goals - for most people it would be absolute proof (as if any is needed) that you don't have a CF worthy of the name to get on those crosses (especially in the air). Well actually we do have a striker with physical presence who can hold a ball up and connect with his head in Balogun, but we all know Mr 'please all the senior players like me' isn't going to let that happen, and the lad will be fucked off on loan in January

These are supposedly 'small details' and unbelievably he has still conned so many into believing its suddenly going to all click together

Watch us dominate the ball for large periods against Chelsea only for the Lamppost or Abraham to get on the end of something, and watch their great lumps at the back clear cross after cross as Eddie or Lacazette get knocked about like rag dolls.

This bloke is an imposter of the highest order. The league performances have been shit since the day he joined with very few exceptions and we're now a week away from it being a year and its going further and further backwards. I sincerely hope he is allowed to finish the wrecking ball job as I think relegation is the only thing that would really bring about a fan backlash and may end up persuading the wig wearing c.unt to fuck off and sell up

Stan - give cock features 100m to spunk on wingers and centre halves in January......its these 'small details' that will bring you down you odious c.unt bag

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ancelotti has managed to get Everton up into the higher reaches of the PL and who can say they're remotely surprised. Yes, they've spent some decent money in doing so, but its how you spend it isn't it?

As augie mentioned, Allan must be one of the signings of the season whilst they've also made some other wise investments too. Personally I think Doucoure is one of the most overrated pieces of dump to walk the planet but its working - they're 2nd and will head into Christmas in the top four

Lots of smug comments from the Arteta luvvies when Everton got rolled over by Liverpool Reserves in the FA Cup last season, but I wonder who is still happier to have Arteta than Ancelotti now?

When Everton get the better manager in a two horse race versus Arsenal, you know the owner is one of the biggest c.unts known to man, and you know which club is more ambitious by far

Once January has been and gone, its all over. Kiss goodbye to the PL

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3fncWyVN4

"Arteta we're no better so just GO, GO, GO"

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:11 pm

Would that actually bother him?

I say that because if you're fighting for the title and in the champions league, the clubs going to be worth a hell of a lot more than one languishing mid to lower league.

If he ain't bothered about how we've fallen away in the last five years (which he isn't), I can't see him worrying about relegated.
Maybe he won't care, but shaving money off of the bottom line as well as the club becoming devalued by spending time in the Championship shouldn't be taken lightly. It would mean that he is also a very poor businessman if he lets the club continue to fester.

augie

Post by augie »

The greatest bullshit defence of arteta is when the media moron's spout crap like

"he deserves a few transfer windows to get things right"

That would be fine if we were just behind the top teams and needed a few windows to catch them, but we are behind southampton, the shammers, villa, newcastle ( :oops: :oops: ) and a few others ffs, and nobody can convince me that they have better squads than us. I would argue that on paper we have a better team than the pick of all these mid table teams above us, so instead of focusing on what we dont have, why dont the media focus on what we do have and question why arteta hasnt got these players playing at a higher level ? In my opinion it isnt that the pundits are being selective when suggesting that arteta needs time to catch the big boys, I think that they are that stupid that they either cant see or cant recognise that there are a lot of shit teams above us :roll: The narrative will be that Gooners need to be patient and recognise where we are in relation to the victims, citeeh etc, but maybe Arsenal fans would be patient if it is only the bigger teams above us instead of the likes of palace, the geordies etc ?

Even with this squad we are massively underperforming, and arteta should pay the ultimate price now

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 pm
The greatest bullshit defence of arteta is when the media moron's spout crap like

"he deserves a few transfer windows to get things right"

That would be fine if we were just behind the top teams and needed a few windows to catch them, but we are behind southampton, the shammers, villa, newcastle ( :oops: :oops: ) and a few others ffs, and nobody can convince me that they have better squads than us. I would argue that on paper we have a better team than the pick of all these mid table teams above us, so instead of focusing on what we dont have, why dont the media focus on what we do have and question why arteta hasnt got these players playing at a higher level ? In my opinion it isnt that the pundits are being selective when suggesting that arteta needs time to catch the big boys, I think that they are that stupid that they either cant see or cant recognise that there are a lot of shit teams above us :roll: The narrative will be that Gooners need to be patient and recognise where we are in relation to the victims, citeeh etc, but maybe Arsenal fans would be patient if it is only the bigger teams above us instead of the likes of palace, the geordies etc ?

Even with this squad we are massively underperforming, and arteta should pay the ultimate price now
When are you going to get with it buddy.......

Emery was a total buffoon who inherited a brilliant squad and massively underperformed finishing 5th and then beyond all comprehension being down in 8th

Poor Mikel inherited a team of National League standard and "results aside" its all absolutely brilliant, and just a few "small details" that need sorting out.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Arteta will be given the next six games to try and turn it around, either way a dead man walking.

City in the cup play the likes of Balogun, ESR get Martinelli some more minutes in his legs 60 ideally, Nelson. City have been creating a lot of chances and taken very few expect 2 or 3 nil defeat.

Chelsea boxing day his team selection if he brings back Xhaka plays the likes of Willian well again a game I expect to lose he deserves no sympathy from anyone let alone support.

Brighton, WBA, Palace and Newcastle in the league four real 6 pointers.....how many points do we see us getting from those games wouldn't be surprised if it's as little as 4/5 points.

He couldn't even look in the camera last night on sky.....people talk about a rabbit in headlights he couldn't even see the car coming, looks totally lost and out of his depth, probably a good coach like Paul Clement was like Steve McClaren was like Brian Kidd was and the last two will bring a few smiles but Ferguson wasn't employing them for no reason.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tony Adams on Willian: "Thats lazy recruitment for me. You’ve got to really question the recruitment process at #Arsenal at the moment. This is a straightforward agent recommendation, he’s got the same agent as the sports director [Edu] so its an easy option for him" https://t.co/hPO4fM5e1P

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... stats.html

Glad to see him getting ridiculed for this nonsense - fuck me he sounds worse than Wenger with his expected goals and calendar year champions

Burnley and Fulham closing in......the ship's going down man, and we've got a wannabe maths teacher at the wheel

People said the last manager had lost the plot - fuck me, his English might not have been up to much but at least he didn't sprout this sort of drivel. What percentage chance have we got of not getting rodgered tomorrow night oh wise one?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

There are deep divisions within the squad, with various cliques causing hostility in the changing room. Arsenal’s squad is bloated and they are hoping to clear out some unwanted players in the January window. [@TeleFootball]

Arsenal stars face getting their salaries slashed by 25 per cent if they are relegated from the Premier League - which would knock an eye-watering £37.5m off their enormous annual wage bill. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 pm
There are deep divisions within the squad, with various cliques causing hostility in the changing room. Arsenal’s squad is bloated and they are hoping to clear out some unwanted players in the January window. [@TeleFootball]

Arsenal stars face getting their salaries slashed by 25 per cent if they are relegated from the Premier League - which would knock an eye-watering £37.5m off their enormous annual wage bill. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]
Ozil accounts for about 2/5s of that on his own 🤔

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The first game I ever saw was Arsenal v Blackpool 5 March 1966. We drew 0-0 and the North Bank were lighting bonfires and singing "Wright Must Go". Billy Wright was clearly a poor manager, and we have since had some mediocre ones including Terry Neill and Bruce Rioch. Dick Emery was not up to the task of transforming the club in the aftermath of Wenger's last decade of decay.

But I would have taken every single one of those people above this absolute clown. He is so out of his depth it is painful.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

For the love of God, someone fire this fucking prick tonight

If he stays beyond the end of the January window we'll be down by Easter and our best young players will be pissing off on loan

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 pm
Tony Adams on Willian: "Thats lazy recruitment for me. You’ve got to really question the recruitment process at #Arsenal at the moment. This is a straightforward agent recommendation, he’s got the same agent as the sports director [Edu] so its an easy option for him" https://t.co/hPO4fM5e1P
A few posters on here welcomed the signing at the time i seem to remember

Signing an overpaid has been with no motivation so as a London rival can free up their wage bill to get in improved players...fucking disgrace

Done previously with that *word censored* Cech....