Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Knowing our board, we'd end up with Mourinho. :roll: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

posted in january that Arteta wont play Martinelli.....got shot down with replies like..."hes just back from injury"....."hes injury prone FFS"

here we are in May and despite 2 main strikers out injured he still dont play him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:34 am
posted in january that Arteta wont play Martinelli.....got shot down with replies like..."hes just back from injury"....."hes injury prone FFS"

here we are in May and despite 2 main strikers out injured he still dont play him
I was one of those people (that person) :oops:

The good ship Arteta started taking on water last night and the damage is irreparable.

Anyone still on the fence about him ran for the lifeboats and got the fuck out of dodge.

As I said on the match thread I haven’t felt as deflated as that from a managerial performance since the dark end days of Wenger.

That was complete mismanagement of epic proportions and there’s no way back for him now. He’s toast in the summer, it’s over.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:

The same people who said about kids like Smith Rowe "how do you know how good they are" and "you can't just play all kids". Well even goon features himself admitted last night how we've relied on Saka too much. ESR has barely had a poor game since he played and Martinelli in his limited time hasn't put a foot wrong. Who is to say Azeez and Balogun couldn't come in and be an upgrade on any of our pathetic central midfielders and Nketiah.....all of whom have been tried dozens of times and been fucking shit every time. Who is to say next season Saliba won't improve upon the wooden defending we've seen like at yesterday's set piece and throughout this season. Sign Max Aarons too and have him in the side instead of helmets like Bellerin

I guarantee that a side that regularly features Aarons, Saliba, Azeez, ESR, Saka and Martinelli next season will outperform the sorry bunch of c.unts that have been stealing a living this season. If they're aged between 18 and 21 I couldn't give two fucks.

John F

Post by John F »

He ignores the fact that the team needs to be set up to cope with its limitations.We are not City as we simply do not have the players.Surely it is basic common sense to play the best available in the positions they are used to and not try to be too clever with the players we have.I can not remember a match when Arsenal have started the game without a striker.Within a couple of minutes of seeing no one up front wanting the ball it was obvious it was a bad decision.The players must of thought Wtf and he was very lucky there wasn't a few thousand Arsenal fans there singing "you don't know what your doing".

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:44 pm
Funny but sadly none of us would be at all surprised :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:25 am
That would kill off the last part of me that still gives a shit if we ever appointed that c.unt

I don't think Stan would want his wage demands or his outspoken nature though. Best opt for a total no mark who will take half the money and not rock the boat

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:37 am
Clummo99 wrote:
That would kill off the last part of me that still gives a shit if we ever appointed that c.unt

I don't think Stan would want his wage demands or his outspoken nature though. Best opt for a total no mark who will take half the money and not rock the boat
There's plenty on here that wanted him before mate! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:31 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

The fuck there was!! :lol: It was just a couple of lunatics. :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There isn't a single redeeming feature about the man now, the team selections are baffling, the in game management is non existent, the football is dire ands the results are shocking.

:suicide:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:31 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

There was at least a couple whose names have been noted for a later date :wink:

I mean - as if we would appoint a manager to take us to mid table playing football from the dark ages :D

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

OK I was deliberately exaggerating and being facetious when saying plenty of people on here but you all get my meaning. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

One thing I've been meaning to say and keep forgetting re. the Swiss Turd at leftback/left of a centre 3.....

Surely Gabriel would be a better option there?

He's left footed. Has good pace. Is a defender! And if the duties in that system are not to go forward and make overlapping runs etc then his attacking with the ball doesn't come into question, although he has decent ability imo.

Any gaffs made are restricted to wide areas too.

Maybe I'm talking shit but it's just a thought.

Herd

Post by Herd »

How we are still in the tie amazes me !

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:

You didnt see me disagreeing with you - I have the most outspoken critic of el beige's treatment of our younger players, and I am amazed it has taken 6 months for others to catch up :roll: I think that it is an accepted fact that it is his treatment of martinelli that has (finally) awoken fans, but for me there continues to be other examples - I dont care how much some of you dislike guendouzi cos the fact is that he is a million times better than ceballos, xhaka and elnenny, and yet he got fcuked out for grabbing an opposition player by the throat, even though we would have loved TA6, PV4 and keown if they had done that same thing 15 years ago.

As has been said previously, that false 9 shit that he went with last night is as embarrassing as it was laughable - again some brainless fans on here supported arteta's appointment because he had worked under pep and must have learned something while there ...... last night was the crowning "what I learned from pep" masterpiece :lol: :lol: :lol: