Bournemouth A 26th Dec

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Dec

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:08 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:09 pm
A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

It's on page 150 of the Unai Emery thread. I would copy it across but inter thread quoting is beyond me I'm afraid :lol:

Is it because you had too much Christmas cheer then? :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If the rumours are true, what is the obsession successive Coaches and the Media seem to have with Xhaka? As far as I can remember in 3 and a half seasons for us he has never had a really good game for us! Try as I might I just cannot see what others seem to see in him :rubchin:

I have watched football for about 35-40 years, I have coached players at lower levels for about 15-20 years in which I have developed a reasonable understanding of football and I see very little in Xhaka that leads me to believe he has what it takes to be a member of a team aspiring to be one of the top teams in the EPL, yet Wenger, UE, Freddie and now potentially Arteta all seem to rate him :banghead:

Can someone please explain to me exactly what it is I am missing because I am thoroughly confused :roll:

As for the match it could end up being a season improving drubbing by a struggling team once again or a fairly solid if unspectacular performance as with Everton, I really have no idea these day :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:11 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

It's on page 150 of the Unai Emery thread. I would copy it across but inter thread quoting is beyond me I'm afraid :lol:

Plenty of Chritmas cheer thank you :lol: but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dinosaur with the old IT - can do a straight copy and paste but getting it across with quote boxes et al.....no chance :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 am
Mikel Arteta reveals he wanted to bring Granit Xhaka to Man City in 2016 but Arsenal won the race... now new Gunners boss wants to help the midfielder return to favour with fans https://t.co/ne3dqEI7EV

Oh dear
Oh dear indeed mate.That Swiss fanny should never have played again after telling the fans to fuck off..but he has and it appears that he will again.Team news will be very telling today..success or failure.. el beige one in or out..even at this early stage.

100% agree with that - for a guy like arteta, who has worked in this league for a number of years now, not to see how poor xhaka is, suggests that nothing is going to change under him :roll: I would argue that a smart move for arteta would be to freeze xhaka (and ozil) out to gain early support from the fans cos of the hatred the fans hold for xhaka, but even if you leave that emotion out of it, if arteta cant see the massive weaknesses in xhaka's game (that every pundit and fan in the country can see), then he shouldn't bother moving his family back to London cos he will be done here by the seasons end

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:15 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Plenty of Chritmas cheer thank you :lol: but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dinosaur with the old IT - can do a straight copy and paste but getting it across with quote boxes et al.....no chance :lol: :lol:

Welcome to my world :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hoping to see a visible change of effort and approach from the team, quicker forward movement from defence to attack, and some sort of organisation in defence especially from set pieces....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:17 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:15 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Welcome to my world :wink:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

They have some decent front players so they’ll score I think. Wouldn’t surprise me if we scrape a 1-1 or 2-2. Can’t see a win for our chumps at all......especially if Xhaka is the main man! :shock: :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Clash

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Decd

Post by Clash »

Hmmm so let’s get this straight ... we’re on the verge of getting actual money for that useless prick Xhaka but Arteta is going to pull the plug on this deal because he thinks he can get something out of him? FFS is there no end to the lunacy at this club?? :banghead:

Wenger’s futile attempts at trying to get a diamond from a lump of coal was bad enough but this is even more futile. It’s like trying to turn a turd into a lump of coal :roll: And it should be irrelevant anyway because Xhaka should never have played for Arsenal again regardless of performance.

Today is our last away game of what’s been a shit decade. Not holding my breath waiting for the next decade to be any better. Not if the same old mistakes are just gonna be repeated over and over.

Of course we’ll keep getting told to be patient and give the new guy a chance but all he really is is a different mask on the same face.

Think we will win today though :barscarf: Bournemouth are shit :D 8)

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

It starts today......... (I know, cringey as fuck :oops: )

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

#ARS starting XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Saka, Torreira, Xhaka, Nelson, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Xhaka and Ozil :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Luiz, Papastathopoulos, Saka, Xhaka, Torreira, Nelson, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette

Subs: Pepe, Mustafi, Martinez, Mavropanos, Willock, Guendouzi, Smith-Rowe

#BOUARS

https://t.co/oAk5fkm26K

augie

Post by augie »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:02 pm
#ARS starting XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Saka, Torreira, Xhaka, Nelson, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Another arrogant d*ickhead manager who thinks that he is genius enough to turn shit players into quality players :roll:
He can fcuk back to citeeh as far as I am concerned :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Could be 3-0 either way :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Another arrogant d*ickhead manager who thinks that he is genius enough to turn shit players into quality players :roll:
He can fcuk back to citeeh as far as I am concerned :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I concur augie he can get to fuck..just been informed by the in laws dinner at 3pm suits me 8) better than watching those pair fannying around.