Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by GoonerMuzz »

He has an interesting team selection for this one, missing most of our first team defence, players knackered after 2 games where they worked their bollocks off, normally put in a good sprinkling of the youngsters in a game like this but as they are regularly playing in the first team already theres no one to shift into the team :rubchin:

If I didnt love the cup so much I'd almost say sacrifice it this season just ot reduce the number of potential games, we are quite threadbare in terms of squad depth and any more injuries could be seriously disastrous :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:03 pm
The draw for the 4th round takes place on Monday night at the bowl before the Leeds game.

So making the draw we have two Arsenal legends - TA6 and Wrighty :barscarf: :barscarf:

Actually that's bollox it's fucking Alex Scott and o' leary :x :cussing:
Ffs is there no media dick this gormless vacuous cùnt won't suck rather than go get a fucking proper job? :roll: :censored:

If O'Leary is at the game and shit dirty Leeds fluke a win he can run the length of the pitch again celebrating like a cùnt. :censored:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
The draw for the 4th round takes place on Monday night at the bowl before the Leeds game.

So making the draw we have two Arsenal legends - TA6 and Wrighty :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ffs is there no media dick this gormless vacuous cùnt won't suck rather than go get a fucking proper job? :roll: :censored:

If O'Leary is at the game and shit dirty Leeds fluke a win he can run the length of the pitch again celebrating like a cùnt. :censored:
Hah! Well said DB10, another faux badge thumping Ex-player who try and allude that Club DNA still course through their veins. Fcuk off you scroungy hanger on, your little victory jig eroded legend status in a lot of our eyes. Even if I get Alzheimers in years to come, I won't forget him cunting the club off that shitty day.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Never liked these dirty bastards since their supporters threw darts at Bob Wilson from the North Bank back in the 60's. Anyone else still alive and kicking remember that ?.
1-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I remember O Leary taunting Pires after a game at Elland Rd around October 2000 Pires responded in French by calling O Leary a whore.. A brain dead Irish journalist tried to make a big deal out of it on the grounds that O Leary's father had recently died and Pires' actions were insulting to his memory.
I was a massive O Leary fan growing up but his behaviour after the 1-0 at Elland Rd in '99 and his "my babies" press conferences turned me off him. Saw him a few times on TV and he seems to live in this utopian dream world where everything is marvellous. " and as I say"..is his catchphrase.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am
Never liked these dirty bastards since their supporters threw darts at Bob Wilson from the North Bank back in the 60's. Anyone else still alive and kicking remember that ?.
Always felt they were a horrible club, their CV for a "big club" isn't overly impressive. Three league titles, one FA Cup one League Cup and I think two Fairs Cups. Add in a relegation to the third tier of football and you see they are only above average historically. There was a myth built around them in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. They were a horrible, spiteful club on the pitch and also off it.
They were universally hated outside Leeds, and their fans left their mark in many cities and towns.
There is always the chance that Arsenal will be caught cold tomorrow with the inevitable changes and the fallout from the United game..Hope not and Leeds themselves may be taking no chances in this game with promotion the priority. Let's hammer these bastards and shut their fans up..

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am
Ray C wrote:
Always felt they were a horrible club, their CV for a "big club" isn't overly impressive. Three league titles, one FA Cup one League Cup and I think two Fairs Cups. Add in a relegation to the third tier of football and you see they are only above average historically. There was a myth built around them in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. They were a horrible, spiteful club on the pitch and also off it.
They were universally hated outside Leeds, and their fans left their mark in many cities and towns.
There is always the chance that Arsenal will be caught cold tomorrow with the inevitable changes and the fallout from the United game..Hope not and Leeds themselves may be taking no chances in this game with promotion the priority. Let's hammer these bastards and shut their fans up..
Leeds Utd were a great team early 70s absolutely no doubt about that...could play any way you liked...had some quality players

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ray C wrote:
When did you start going Ray?
Never heard that one mate, my first games in 1970....what year was that any idea?
Arsenal fans late 60s early 1970s were a bit lively as well, the area was more working class a lot different to what it is now

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:10 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Ray C wrote:
Leeds Utd were a great team early 70s absolutely no doubt about that...could play any way you liked...had some quality players
They were a strong team with talented players who could turn into nasty fuckers if needed. I wasn't doubting their quality but their trophy haul wasn't amazing considering how strong they were 1968 to 1975. They also lost four major finals in that period.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Ray C wrote:
They were a strong team with talented players who could turn into nasty fuckers if needed. I wasn't doubting their quality but their trophy haul wasn't amazing considering how strong they were 1968 to 1975. They also lost four major finals in that period.
Thats not always a guide, they were considered very unlucky not to add at least the European cup, not sure if you saw them play but Giles and Bremner in midfield, the imperious Paul Madeley ... Im Arsenal but cant say they were not a great team...

Different game to today...players like Norman Hunter and Peter Storey around... :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Ray C wrote:
Thats not always a guide, they were considered very unlucky not to add at least the European cup, not sure if you saw them play but Giles and Bremner in midfield, the imperious Paul Madeley ... Im Arsenal but cant say they were not a great team...

Different game to today...players like Norman Hunter and Peter Storey around... :D
Never saw them play live, saw them on TV obviously and that was limited..I suppose they didn't play on an era when fourth was a trophy. But you are right football was so different then..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Love the cup, but always hope for a new ground to visit or someone we haven't played in decades. We must have played these as many times as anyone else in the FA Cup - so its a bit like Olympiacos to me (obviously minus the Barry White CD, scented candles and self creamed bubble bath)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Redarmy :- Arsenal May have had a few “ lively “ fans in those days but I don’t remember sharpening coins , putting razor blades in Oranges or throwing empty whisky bottles into the roof of the North Bank .
Things seemed to be more face to face with us rather than taking the cowards route like some mainly northern aggressors.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

Protesting a bit there mate.......you would wouldn't you? :wink: :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

In South Africa for the cricket. Few of the mouthy northern *word censored* staying in my hotel letting the world know they're Leeds and Yarksha born and bred. Just fucking beat the bastards please