Sheffield United|Home|PL|Saturday 18th January|3pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerballs

Re: Sheffield United|Home|PL|Saturday 18th January|3pm KO

Post by Wengerballs »

Bottlejob FC. Worst Arsenal team in 20 years.

Deserve nothing with a banter backline with Mustuffitup, midfielder at RB and a striker at LB.

Oxfordroad80s

Post by Oxfordroad80s »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Deserve nothing with a banter backline with Mustuffitup, midfielder at RB and a striker at LB.
Come on beautiful people....Live your life, it's your life :barscarf:

Spot on :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:56 pm
Oxfordroad80s wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm
Millwall rats coming up from the drains...Like Y I d swamps :barscarf:

Fucking Millwall rats
Let 'em come. Hopefully the shammers can pass them on the other way.
Sadly, there is a absolutely no way the Premier League will allow the Wall in the top flight. No way at all. There'll be a few phone calls between them and the Football League to ensure even the possibility of Millwall in the play-offs gets stamped out.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Sutch2 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:49 pm
Cannon wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 pm
i keep saying this after every game but we really need a clear out. the squad is too unbalanced and there's too many sub-standard players. this will not be fixed overnight. it'll take a few transfer windows.
We've been saying this for ages now, though. It was said when Emery came in that we need a huge clearout, that it wouldn't be sorted overnight and it would take a few transfer windows - three and a half transfer windows have gone since then and not only are we still stuck with much of the shite, Emery himself added some more shite. I don't know whether he himself was responsible for player recruitment or if it would've been Mislintat and whoever else but he certainly would've had some input.
it's the legacy of the wenger era. with every year that he stayed the problems became more systemic and deep rooted. with every year that he stayed, the quality of our squad slowly eroded. on top of that we made some truly awful signings which means our squad is full of sh*t. and we can't shift the shower of sh*t because no-one wants them. in a world where liverpool got £20m for solanke - a striker that never scores - we can't get one club on this planet to put in a half decent bid for mustafi.

arteta is trying to take us back to wengerball with a pep twist but our squad isn't suited to it. you need players in the ilk of cazorla and ramsey to play the way he wants but ours is filled with pragmatic players like guendouzi. over the last 5-6 years we've shifted from a technical team that's easy on the eye to a laborious, mechanical team. none more so highlighted than bringing in ceballos, a player that should have thrived at a club renowned for its fluid attacking football, yet we haven't been able to find a role for him in the team. he looks lost every time he plays.

this isn't wengerball anymore. it's pragmaball. if we're going to go back to fluid, attacking football we need the players for it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta: Post Match Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BWzqrYbBDk

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:32 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:21 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:09 pm
I havent seen the Pepe penalty incident today but for fucks sake,surely Arteta needs to ask how we are being denied VAR decisions other teams would get,he needs to ask the FA if they have an agenda against his players,he should do this in a live interview,so it gets seen,I can think of at least 3 VAR decisions we have had not even reviewed,and these corrupt c unts need to answer,having said that we still need to keep clean sheets but its just every week we are getting fucked over by VAR.
But he cant, the EPL and PGMO have been very clever over the last 20 years in the way they have limited what Manager and Players say about officiating, say the wrong thing and its a touchline band or huge fine.

Its time all the Boards of all the clubs who have been cheated this season got together and started asking the questions, they have way more clout than Managers do, some of these clubs may not have been cheated as obviously as us over the season or as often but a large number of other clubs have defnitely had dodgy decisions given against them especially when it involves a certain team or certain officials and those fighting relegation could potentially face serious financial losses over this.

EPL and PGMO have gotten away with this bollocks for far too long and it is times the Clubs and the Official supporters groups got together and started asking serious questions........rant over!!!!!
It has to be worth the huge fine though surely,ask how the Saha one against us is a penalty but the Pepe today one isnt,how is the shirt pull at Liverpool a penalty (Luiz) but the Sokrates one againt Sheffield United isnt even reviewed,somewhere someone is making mistakes that are costing clubs points and money through league places,and maybe relegation eventually,and if I were Arteta and Emery to a certain extent I'd want answers,or at least make them c unts squirm when they cannot answer.
One Coach asking the question would be pointless but all of them asking every week might make a difference, there is plenty of evidence which all of them, well except Klopp, could call upon from this season alone which calls into question the match officials ability and the inconsistent use of VAR but it is the same old problem, none of them are willing to put their heads on the line individually and upset the apple cart, or in this case the money-go-round :rubchin:
My thoughts exactly.

Also, if dean therefcunt didn't think it was a penalty in the 68th minute then why the fuckk didn't he book Pepe for diving? Dean is a joke of a ref amd needs to be retired now, thing is he is big buddies with that other uselessCUNT mike aka: fergies rentboy riley. :evil: :banghead: :cussing:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I don't understand why our manager, any manager, can't question it? Arteta should call it up and phrase it like..."Why is that not a penalty"?? Act confused, ask a genuine question...you want to know. MAKE them give an answer, MAKE them explain. These piss willy fines to these managers earning millions are nothing. Maybe there is something in his contract about not embarrassing the club?? Maybe only Kroenke and the board are allowed to do that.

There was an article a couple of weeks ago saying that Wolves have suffered the most under VAR. I think we have overtaken them. No guesses for who's benefitted the most.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:13 pm
I don't understand why our manager, any manager, can't question it? Arteta should call it up and phrase it like..."Why is that not a penalty"?? Act confused, ask a genuine question...you want to know. MAKE them give an answer, MAKE them explain. These piss willy fines to these managers earning millions are nothing. Maybe there is something in his contract about not embarrassing the club?? Maybe only Kroenke and the board are allowed to do that.

There was an article a couple of weeks ago saying that Wolves have suffered the most under VAR. I think we have overtaken them. No guesses for who's benefitted the most.
Simply because, and Arteta as a recent ex-player is especially tainted with this, they been conditioned not to. Listen to any post match player interview and they will avoid discussing controversial decisions like the plague. Not even the supposed best Managers do it these days. The only ones likely to do it are actually the old school merry go round Managers like Fat Sam, Pardew and their ilk and none of them are anywhere near PL Management these days.

Simply put they have all become used to the shit decisions and lack of accountability of the Officials over the last 10 years or more and none of them question it. Even our own nemesis Wenger stopped questioning decisions by the end even when he'd berated the officials during the match, in the post match interview he might mumble a view complaints but they were never truly aimed at the Referee, a man with his Ego who didn't call in to question bad decisions in post match interviews should tell you there is a serious problem :rubchin:

I may be wide of the mark but as with many of the rule changes in all modern sports its all about controversy, watchability and entertainment and that is where the money is, it is just another reflection of the 'reality' culture these days.

I know most on here, DB especially hate the game with odd shaped balls but my eldest nephew is a huge fan and i used to play years ago at school so i still occasionally watch it, he sent me a listing of the rules adjustments coming in this year in various competitions and although a few are supposedly about reducing injuries a massive amount of older fans are up in arms about them, and when you sit and read them carefully they are all about making the game more entertaining for the viewers, football and contact sports in general are becoming less about sport and all about viewing revenues these days :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:

Without even thinking about it, Watford away, Sheff Utd away and now Sheff Utd home two blatant penalties not given. That's five points we've been shafted on. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual figure is nearer 10 points over the season.

I've given up analysing performances now, how can many ways can you say the word shit. One thing I did hear was Xhaka did a selfie with a mates son, in Cockfosters. Asked if he was leaving, he smiled and said no. Ofc he's not leaving, all he has to do is turn up once every other week take a bit of flack and hes £100k richer.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Oxfordroad80s wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Come on beautiful people....Live your life, it's your life :barscarf:

Spot on :barscarf:
Yep - you summed it up for me. Must be of the same vintage - old school. Football is a simple game and if the other team is as about the same shit standard as yourself you will probably get a draw - if your lucky - as we were !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:

Just seen again on MOTD was a definite penalty, defender moved his leg out no contact with the ball
Its every game now.....more than coincidence

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:33 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:32 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:21 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:09 pm
I havent seen the Pepe penalty incident today but for fucks sake,surely Arteta needs to ask how we are being denied VAR decisions other teams would get,he needs to ask the FA if they have an agenda against his players,he should do this in a live interview,so it gets seen,I can think of at least 3 VAR decisions we have had not even reviewed,and these corrupt c unts need to answer,having said that we still need to keep clean sheets but its just every week we are getting fucked over by VAR.
But he cant, the EPL and PGMO have been very clever over the last 20 years in the way they have limited what Manager and Players say about officiating, say the wrong thing and its a touchline band or huge fine.

Its time all the Boards of all the clubs who have been cheated this season got together and started asking the questions, they have way more clout than Managers do, some of these clubs may not have been cheated as obviously as us over the season or as often but a large number of other clubs have defnitely had dodgy decisions given against them especially when it involves a certain team or certain officials and those fighting relegation could potentially face serious financial losses over this.

EPL and PGMO have gotten away with this bollocks for far too long and it is times the Clubs and the Official supporters groups got together and started asking serious questions........rant over!!!!!
It has to be worth the huge fine though surely,ask how the Saha one against us is a penalty but the Pepe today one isnt,how is the shirt pull at Liverpool a penalty (Luiz) but the Sokrates one againt Sheffield United isnt even reviewed,somewhere someone is making mistakes that are costing clubs points and money through league places,and maybe relegation eventually,and if I were Arteta and Emery to a certain extent I'd want answers,or at least make them c unts squirm when they cannot answer.
One Coach asking the question would be pointless but all of them asking every week might make a difference, there is plenty of evidence which all of them, well except Klopp, could call upon from this season alone which calls into question the match officials ability and the inconsistent use of VAR but it is the same old problem, none of them are willing to put their heads on the line individually and upset the apple cart, or in this case the money-go-round :rubchin:
My thoughts exactly.

Also, if dean therefcunt didn't think it was a penalty in the 68th minute then why the fuckk didn't he book Pepe for diving? Dean is a joke of a ref amd needs to be retired now, thing is he is big buddies with that other uselessCUNT mike aka: fergies rentboy riley. :evil: :banghead: :cussing:
I've just seen the Wolves turned down penalty,then awarded via VAR, against Southampton,somebody needs to explain to the public HOW the fuck these 2 incidents are different,(Pepe and Jonny) they were virtually the same challenge,with 2 different outcomes,one a penalty,one deemed obviously a dive for which Pepe wasnt booked for,

They should start up a non VAR league for real football,or allow clubs to opt out of the VAR doped league,

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

When the presenter on MOTD and pundit Alan Shearer say it is a penalty for Arsenal then it genuinely must be..Let's not kid ourselves that that everything else on the pitch was ok, it certainly wasn.
VAR is ruining the game, I believe most things are workable if applied consistently. That is VAR's first fault even before any individual incident is dealt with.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Exactly, even that pipe Shearer said it was a penalty.

We are a bit crap but VAR has cost us six points in the last four games.

Pepe looked good in the highlights and MOTD daid he had a better game.

Saka did well and Martinelli looks the real deal - so mobile as a striker.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am
Exactly, even that pipe Shearer said it was a penalty.

We are a bit crap but VAR has cost us six points in the last four games.

Pepe looked good in the highlights and MOTD daid he had a better game.

Saka did well and Martinelli looks the real deal - so mobile as a striker.
As you say if that ringpiece shearer says it was a pen then fuck me.Weve been fucked over numerous times this season and it must be up in double figures the points dropped because of it.Our run of really shite results started at bramall lane and the dodgy var calls have been consistent since then.Its like the authorities are saying The Arsenal are in a right rut let's keep the *word censored* down there let's keep the boot on their windpipes..bastards that they are..and it's not like back in the GG days of docked points when we had the quality to dig ourselves out of the shit.