Pompey (A) FA CUP 02/03 @ 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Pompey (A) FA CUP 02/03 @ 19:45

Post by falkirk goon »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Away to Sheff Utd is our reward :roll:

Arteta will have to have them up for that .
Fair chance of a turdholing with that draw..fair chance of a turdholing with any draw though :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

One point from six against them in the league, but denied blatant penalties in both games. Maybe we will get the luck in the Cup game. Otherwise it is a very difficult tie.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That C.U.N.T Bolton broke/fractured Torreira's ankle...and yup mike (biggest CU.NT in the history of reffing) dean did NOTHING! :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:35 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:09 pm
Clash wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:09 pm
Jesus Christ I forgot how much I hate Portsmouth and their fucking hysterical constant droning shit singing. It's not an atmosphere it's just a tedious fucking drone. :roll: :censored:
Atmosphere to me is about giving the team energy, roaring the players on as they drive forward, cheering every tackle and encouraging the whole team to get stuck in, intimidating the ref and just giving everyone that feeling that we're all on the same side etc.
So basically what happens in England - abuse the ref, get happy for a corner and start shouting when the team moves forward or brings a tackle :lol: :lol: :lol:

An atmosphere is what German teams bring to the table as well as Olympiacos/Galatasaray/Red Star and teams of that sort. Even the bottom of the table Panderborn from Bundesliga and Cologne from Bundesliga 2 have a better away atmosphere than 90% of PL teams.

None of what English teams bring is close to the aforementioned.

The authorities managed to kill off the atmosphere that used to exist when they did away with terraces. Now we are forced to sit to watch football and they wonder why the atmosphere at most PL grounds is shit. Mind you I'd rather have a shit atmosphere than a manufactured happy clappy Leicester style one. Some cu.nt next to me with a set of clappers, drum or a vuvuzela would finish football for me completely....well I'd probably end up with a ban after shoving the drum down their throat.

We are ripped off from start to finish when it comes to football in this country and to add insult to injury, after paying the highest prices in Europe - the Germans pay half of what we do and that includes Bayern - we usually end up watching a pile of shite these days. Football in this country chose money over atmosphere a long time ago so the majority of those who used to contribute thought bollocks to this and fu.cked off. Funnily enough all the new fans who wanted onto the footy bandwagon brought nothing to it. We have been well and truly gentrified so that's that I'm afraid. You'll get the odd game when it happens but not very often.
Agreed 1000% - not a word I didn't agree with.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:32 am
That C.U.N.T Bolton broke/fractured Torreira's ankle...and yup mike (biggest CU.NT in the history of reffing) dean did NOTHING! :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box: :cussing:
This is the reason why VAR doesn't work. We gave control of a potentially useful system to a bunch of incompetent dickheads and we wonder why it isn't working. Tantamount to giving Savile the keys to the nursery. So glaringly obvious it's ridiculous.