CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by xisstential »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:48 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/Carra23/stat ... 3551538176

And the whinging begins
Jurgen Klopp ….a great manager and a incredible human being :oops: :oops: :oops:

So easy to suck those "fans" in....turn up every year for the Hillsborough Memorial Service even if you last managed there decades ago, refuse to talk to the Sun, Slag off Thatcher...…use the word "Respect" as often as you can because Liverpool fans invented the word with their gracious enviable behaviour. :wink: :? :oops:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Rugby League and cricket matches here in Aus are simply being played with closed stadiums. I really dont see any reason why the same couldnt apply with the PL. We could build a glass box for Arteta stand in and manage from the sidelines.

The Liverpool haters must enjoy the fact their moment will be taken away from them. Sure they will be 'awarded' the league title. But they wont get to see Henderson life the trophy while red confetti covers the Anfield pitch.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the simple solution is to postpone the euros until next year an extend the season to the end of may.
no one cares for international football anyway.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

There was a live Rugby League match on Sky last night..Seems a bit strange,obviously sporting bodies made their own choice. In Ireland the Government made the call, blanket ban on outdoor gatherings of more than five hundred and indoor gatherings of over one hundred
The sporting bodies then announced that they were follow the directive with the GAA (Gaelic games) announcing a ban on collective training. The indoor gathering limit of one hundred people applies across the board from Churches to pubs. Many big city centre pubs and clubs in Dublin have closed. The Who concert that I was so looking forward to is also a victim.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

And the whinging begins
Jurgen Klopp ….a great manager and a incredible human being :oops: :oops: :oops:

So easy to suck those "fans" in....turn up every year for the Hillsborough Memorial Service even if you last managed there decades ago, refuse to talk to the Sun, Slag off Thatcher...…use the word "Respect" as often as you can because Liverpool fans invented the word with their gracious enviable behaviour. :wink: :? :oops:
There is footage on YouTube of Klopp and the majority of his players totally blanking a group of kids as the Liverpool squad boarded the team coach for a pre season friendly. He didn't see BT or Sky cameras so no need for the "character" act but obviously forgot about mobile phone cameras

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:17 am
There was a live Rugby League match on Sky last night..Seems a bit strange,obviously sporting bodies made their own choice. In Ireland the Government made the call, blanket ban on outdoor gatherings of more than five hundred and indoor gatherings of over one hundred
The sporting bodies then announced that they were follow the directive with the GAA (Gaelic games) announcing a ban on collective training
. The indoor gathering limit of one hundred people applies across the board from Churches to pubs. Many big city centre pubs and clubs in Dublin have closed. The Who concert that I was so looking forward to is also a victim.

Have to be honest and say that part is really fcuking me off - if outdoor gatherings of up to 500 people are allowed, then why cancel all local games and trainings ? Our local sunday league side wouldn't get 500 at them in total over the season so why call off our games ? Same issue applies to kids who now have no training or games for at least 3 weeks and with the likely prospect of that being extended - my youngest (14 years old) has been spending the last 15 months doing a three and a half hour round trip to Dublin 4 times a week to play in a league which may now be cancelled before he gets to play in it, and he is gutted.

Some of the "measures" introduced by the Irish government are laughable - schools are closed but the kids are not allowed to meet up around the towns or sports pitches etc, and I'm fcuked if I know how we are all expected to keep our kids housebound for 5 weeks :roll:

The real issue that is absolutely grating on me though is the refusal to cancel or restrict travel. The Irish government are "advising caution" for anyone travelling to Italy or spain - what the absolute fcuk does that mean ?? We all accept that they are high risk area's, so why allow travel to and from these countries at all ? If Ireland was serious about preventing the spread of this then they would have restricted international travel weeks ago - this week thousands of Irish people will travel over and back to Cheltenham and the risks entailed have been swept under the carpet :roll: For the last few weeks a number of schools have gone on trips to Italy with blatant disregard for the risks in bringing back the virus :roll: :roll: Despite all the bold statements about public health being the most important issue, I wont believe a word of it until they stop flights in and out of the country and start putting health above the money they would lose for doing so

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Things are really bleak..Mrs Brown's Boys will replace Match of the Day on BBC1 TV tonight. When you thought it couldn't get any worse

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm
Just typed my las message and my good wife just screamed so ran into the other room wondering if someone had broken into the house, nope, she was just watching some old top of the pops footage on BBC and she was on it l :lol:

Just a light hearted moment there from me :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT!? Your Good Lady was in Pan's People!??? WOWWWW!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:55 am
Things are really bleak..Mrs Brown's Boys will replace Match of the Day on BBC1 TV tonight. When you thought it couldn't get any worse
Never seen it, guessing its shit :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

BTW hard you guys in oireland still going to pubs and restaurants

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

And the whinging begins

This is only the beginning of the Virus thing...don't be surprised if it is still with us and impacting on life and Sport this time next year. :cry:

On another note I think not only is the season OVER, which means LiVARpool cannoit be awarded the Prem Tile, so perhaps they could be awarded with a 'Special Trophy' in its place, something along these lines maybe:

:D :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:32 pm
Just typed my las message and my good wife just screamed so ran into the other room wondering if someone had broken into the house, nope, she was just watching some old top of the pops footage on BBC and she was on it l :lol:

Are you married to Yazz or Bonnie Tyler?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In the mean time Happier Days.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wXch60jmeo

LeftfootlegendGooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Are you married to Yazz or Bonnie Tyler?
Jazz was there :barscarf: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:38 pm
xisstential wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

And the whinging begins

This is only the beginning of the Virus thing...don't be surprised if it is still with us and impacting on life and Sport this time next year. :cry:

On another note I think not only is the season OVER, which means LiVARpool cannoit be awarded the Prem Tile, so perhaps they could be awarded with a 'Special Trophy' in its place, something along these lines maybe:

:D :lol:
:lol:

They probably hang about on tight corners where they know hub caps fly off :lol: