CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rugby Gooner
Posts: 3414
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Rugby

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6423
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
Would also be an opportunity to re sing it

‘’ We’re staying home, we’re staying home,
We’re staying, we’re all staying home “

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:34 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
Would also be an opportunity to re sing it

‘’ We’re staying home, we’re staying home,
We’re staying, we’re all staying home “
Doesn't scan stu :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
Hope you and yours are all well too mate.

John F
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by John F »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
I do not think I could cope with the heartbreak of that semi final again.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

John F wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
I do not think I could cope with the heartbreak of that semi final again.
I'd quite enjoy it :lol:

xisstential
Posts: 3915
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by xisstential »

Anybody heard from Wenger....what is his solution to the problem?? Actually problems...economics, football, sport in general....and of course a cure. I'm sure he has the answers.

falkirk goon
Posts: 2806
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:27 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
I do not think I could cope with the heartbreak of that semi final again.
I'd quite enjoy it :lol:
Me too 8) :barscarf:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

Hope you guys are all doing well and staying safe. I must admit football has been the last thing on my mind ever since this all started

Had some bad news earlier this week when a really close friend of the family passed away from the virus. I've known him since I was 11 - used to referee my football matches when I was a lad, big Palace fan and a proper souwf London larger than life character. My dad's golf partner for the last 30 years or so. Huge "underlying health problems" as they like to inform us (seriously overweight, diabetic, triple bypass a couple of years back) but no less loved of course

He spent his last few days alone on a ventilator with his wife of 50 odd years unable to see him, nor indeed were his kids able to......until they got the dreaded call from the hospital. His funeral is this Friday and only the 3 of them are allowed to be there.

Much love to everyone out there suffering at the moment. Right now I couldn't a flying fuck who wins the league, if the season gets abandoned, played until Christmas....whatever. One day I'll feel the need for it again, but last thing on my mind at the moment

Look after your own!

Andrew
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Andrew »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:37 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:27 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm
Don't log in too much these days,but I hope that all of you and all of your families and friends are doing well.
I have heard that ITV are going to replay "Euro '96", in full instead of "Euro 2020" this summer.
If that is the case,Baddiel and Skinner should re-release "Footballs Coming Home," and give ALL of the profits to the N.H.S. :barscarf:
I do not think I could cope with the heartbreak of that semi final again.
I'd quite enjoy it :lol:
Me too 8) :barscarf:
Racists.

Andrew
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Andrew »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 pm
Hope you guys are all doing well and staying safe. I must admit football has been the last thing on my mind ever since this all started

Had some bad news earlier this week when a really close friend of the family passed away from the virus. I've known him since I was 11 - used to referee my football matches when I was a lad, big Palace fan and a proper souwf London larger than life character. My dad's golf partner for the last 30 years or so. Huge "underlying health problems" as they like to inform us (seriously overweight, diabetic, triple bypass a couple of years back) but no less loved of course

He spent his last few days alone on a ventilator with his wife of 50 odd years unable to see him, nor indeed were his kids able to......until they got the dreaded call from the hospital. His funeral is this Friday and only the 3 of them are allowed to be there.

Much love to everyone out there suffering at the moment. Right now I couldn't a flying fuck who wins the league, if the season gets abandoned, played until Christmas....whatever. One day I'll feel the need for it again, but last thing on my mind at the moment

Look after your own!
Sorry to hear that SteveO. My condolences to you all.

I'm surprised how little I've missed football, to be honest.

It's a reminder to us all that it's more important to keep in touch, even if at the moment we can't visit people.

John F
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 pm
Hope you guys are all doing well and staying safe. I must admit football has been the last thing on my mind ever since this all started

Had some bad news earlier this week when a really close friend of the family passed away from the virus. I've known him since I was 11 - used to referee my football matches when I was a lad, big Palace fan and a proper souwf London larger than life character. My dad's golf partner for the last 30 years or so. Huge "underlying health problems" as they like to inform us (seriously overweight, diabetic, triple bypass a couple of years back) but no less loved of course

He spent his last few days alone on a ventilator with his wife of 50 odd years unable to see him, nor indeed were his kids able to......until they got the dreaded call from the hospital. His funeral is this Friday and only the 3 of them are allowed to be there.

Much love to everyone out there suffering at the moment. Right now I couldn't a flying fuck who wins the league, if the season gets abandoned, played until Christmas....whatever. One day I'll feel the need for it again, but last thing on my mind at the moment

Look after your own!
I am sorry to hear that Steve.The situation out there is awful for a lot of people.

A11M11
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

So sad Steve , it’s the news none of us want
As for football it really doesn’t matter now and I wonder after all of this whether it ever will again.
I reckon a lot of the older fans will have got out of the habit and will not renew season tickets and we will see just how long the waiting list will be .

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6423
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 pm
Hope you guys are all doing well and staying safe. I must admit football has been the last thing on my mind ever since this all started

Had some bad news earlier this week when a really close friend of the family passed away from the virus. I've known him since I was 11 - used to referee my football matches when I was a lad, big Palace fan and a proper souwf London larger than life character. My dad's golf partner for the last 30 years or so. Huge "underlying health problems" as they like to inform us (seriously overweight, diabetic, triple bypass a couple of years back) but no less loved of course

He spent his last few days alone on a ventilator with his wife of 50 odd years unable to see him, nor indeed were his kids able to......until they got the dreaded call from the hospital. His funeral is this Friday and only the 3 of them are allowed to be there.

Much love to everyone out there suffering at the moment. Right now I couldn't a flying fuck who wins the league, if the season gets abandoned, played until Christmas....whatever. One day I'll feel the need for it again, but last thing on my mind at the moment

Look after your own!
SteveO, that’s awful mate sorry to hear that - sad to say it probably won’t be the last loved one on here who loses their life to this.

Thank you for posting it, however hard it must have been for you, as it is a stark reminder of how serious this is.

Best wishes to all - take care, look after yourselves and your loved ones and stay at home if at all possible.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

Cheers guys - as some of you have rightly said, this is going to be something that touches a great many of our lives over the coming weeks and months. Sport is always a great sense of comfort and togetherness for people when the chips are down in most other circumstances. I know whatever has been going on in my life or those closest to me (divorce, ill health) having a big Gooner family around has at least taken the edge of those moments for a couple of hours at the weekend, but I don't think any of us have lived through anything like this. A couple of weeks ago my old man was worried that as an over 70 he wasn't going to be allowed to go to games, but when I spoke to him over the weekend he said he hadn't even thought about his season ticket or football resuming - I'm sure that goes for many others.

I think - and I sincerely hope - that time as ever will be a great healer, even if the time involved this time might be much longer than normal. People will need some sort of relief from how hard life has been for months, and football will undoubtedly at some point have a part to play in that.

Much love to all of you. If anyone wants to keep in touch, offload or grieve feel free to drop me a line. I'm one of the lucky ones - I've got a wife and two grown up (sort of!) kids that are all doing well. We've got each other. I just feel so sorry for those in complete isolation and who were already vulnerable

Truly awful times :cry:

Post Reply