CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by northbank123 »

Also I think the players have been hammered unfairly. I am no defender of modern football but I think that these megabucks players would generally sacrifice or at least defer some of their pay.

However the PFA have taken a typically unjustifiably militant and out of touch approach, which is seen as representing the views of the players (rather than Gordon Taylor trying to justify his huge pay packet). Anybody who sticks their head above the parapet will be marked as a scab and a villain in the eyes of the PFA and any player who didn’t want to reduce their pay but now has somebody to blame for breaking ranks.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Haha Holy fuck!
I see the mousers have reversed their decision to furlough their staff!
They insist though “it wasn’t their fault”
Truth is most of them were probably still signing on every week anyway!
Ahh those loveable rogues :roll:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Haha Holy fuck!
Now we wait for the scum down the road to do the same. Some chance! Weasel faced Levy will never change. Cesspit of a club.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Boris in intensive care! I’ve always liked Boris, hope he pulls through!

Midz

Post by Midz »

goonersid wrote:
Haha Holy fuck!
:D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm
Don't particularly like him but sincerely hope he pulls through..Anyone going on social media and rejoicing in his illness or Pep's mother's death is a caaant of the highest order..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Haha Holy fuck!
The noise you hear Sid is the journalists and pundits jumping back on the Victim bandwagon...Great club for seeing the error of their ways and reversing the decision..FFS

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hope this nightmare ends by the end of May or at least is totally under control but I think the scientists and medics advising the government are terrified it might break out again if the restrictions are raised too early which is understandable. The pure idiotry of some people is staggering at times, we've not even reached the peak and people are putting pressure on the government to raise restrictions sooner rather than later actively encouraged by those loveable rogues in the media.....

I understand the frustration most are feeling but the danger of thinking it is over too early will be more damaging to the economy in the long run than making sure it is as safe as possible before we raise the quarantine, not only that but more people will die and the pressure on the NHS if a second wave happens will overwhelm staff who will already be exhausted.

I seriously worry about the NHS staff after our situation is under control because they will then be guilt tripped to go and help any other countries that are struggling once again putting themselves at risk, they will all require a serious break after this but as soon as it is over expectation will be back to business as usual, 'c'mon I need my ingrown toenail removed'.......

The return to 'normal' will need even more careful management by all parties as the imposing of the restrictions in the first place :rubchin:

Immaterial of whether you like Boris or not it is not a nice situation he is going through right now and I personally wish him a swift recovery

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm
goonersid wrote:
Don't particularly like him but sincerely hope he pulls through..Anyone going on social media and rejoicing in his illness or Pep's mother's death is a caaant of the highest order..

Fcuk him - he totally dismissed the dangers of the corona virus when it hit the uk first, despite the fact that it was already killing people worldwide, and now he is scrambling around trying to fix a problem that he allowed to escalate :roll:
Him and trump are 2 absolute d*ckheads and are in charge of two of the most powerful countries in the world - how did it come to this ? :cry: :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:50 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Fcuk him - he totally dismissed the dangers of the corona virus when it hit the uk first, despite the fact that it was already killing people worldwide, and now he is scrambling around trying to fix a problem that he allowed to escalate :roll:
Him and trump are 2 absolute d*ckheads and are in charge of two of the most powerful countries in the world - how did it come to this ? :cry: :cry:
FFS Augie!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

goonersid wrote:
Haha Holy fuck!
They're also blaming the coronavirus hitting the city on the visit of Atletico madrid supporters, for the second leg match.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Haha Holy fuck!
Victim bastards. :censored: Even child assaulter Carragher was condemning them! You know you are the shit on a snake's belly when even a fucking chav that spits at children is lookkng down their nose at you ffs. :roll: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
goonersid wrote:
I actively despise the pompous racist toff cùnt but I also hope he survives it. I cannot understand these keyboard warriors that wish death on people and rejoice in their illness at a time like this.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm
goonersid wrote:
Haha Holy fuck!
Now we wait for the scum down the road to do the same. Some chance! Weasel faced Levy will never change. Cesspit of a club.
Complete vermin infested little club. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:
goonersid wrote:
I actively despise the pompous racist toff cùnt but I also hope he survives it. I cannot understand these keyboard warriors that wish death on people and rejoice in their illness at a time like this.

Not aimed at me I assume ? There is a big difference between wishing him to die (which I didnt do), and saying I dont give a fcuk about him and his sickness (which I did say)