CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:41 am
Yo! Retro Where Ya Been bro!??? 8)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy! My Test proved "Negative" - Thank you Baby Jesus, Buddha, Allah and Denis Bergkamp! :barscarf: :dance: :dancingbanana: :whee:

That's good news OBG. Were you tested because you were displaying symptoms, or are you a key worker who needs to be tested ?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:51 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy! My Test proved "Negative" - Thank you Baby Jesus, Buddha, Allah and Denis Bergkamp! :barscarf: :dance: :dancingbanana: :whee:
Great news mate! :barscarf: All thanks to the Lord Dennis. 8)

It's a relief when you get that negative result isn't it?

Imagine what waiting on an AIDS test must be like! :shock:

Why don't you tell us DB ?? :-P :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

That's good news OBG. Were you tested because you were displaying symptoms, or are you a key worker who needs to be tested ?
Both mate I work on the front-line but showed early symptoms, must admit on the 3rd day I thought I might be a goner instead of a Gooner,. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Still feel weak, But a 1,000 times better than I did.

I honestly believe there are various types or strands of the virus going round it depends on which one people get. :? :cry: :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:51 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Great news mate! :barscarf: All thanks to the Lord Dennis. 8)

It's a relief when you get that negative result isn't it?

Imagine what waiting on an AIDS test must be like! :shock:

Why don't you tell us DB ?? :-P :wink:
He said aids not The Pox! :roll: :D :wink: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The death of the elderly is the best result possible for the government as it will save them a lot of money.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:09 pm
The death of the elderly is the best result possible for the government as it will save them a lot of money.
That's a tad cynical Herd :rubchin:

Herd

Post by Herd »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:23 am
Herd wrote:
That's a tad cynical Herd :rubchin:
Cynical?moi ? The NHS is coining it right now no money bieng spent on pesky cancer patient treatment troublesome old people dropping like flies ,its a double whammy win for Boris!
Once all these businesses go bust Borisand thesuper rich pals he hangs with will be buying them up for cents on the dollar. Treble Ginn and Tonics all round !

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Where I see it is theres a lot of overweight people in this country that are under 50. Of all the people that have died that are young I am sure I haven't seen many featured on tv that look slim. You could argue the same for this group a lot of whom are diabetic. But yes to single out a group who have contributed down the years is just a tad harsh.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Well my daughter spoke to our GP earlier as she has been suffering from a sore chest for a while now. As part of the phone call she described the symptoms she suffered in the first week of January which were classic Covid 19. Upon hearing that she had been to Paris for the NY the doc said he was almost certain it was Covid 19 and that awareness of infection in France around that time was increasing. Her mates that she went with were also ill but not to the same extent.

Daughter came back to Herts while her mates headed back to Edinburgh and Leeds unis and passed on the lurgy to housemates, friends and relatives. I am aware of other people talking about similar symptoms at that time. The first recorded cases in the UK were the two chinese nationals in York at the end of January. There will have been others infected probably before January so given the contagious nature of the virus I can't help but wonder how far across the UK this thing actually is.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm
Herd wrote:
Where I see it is theres a lot of overweight people in this country that are under 50. Of all the people that have died that are young I am sure I haven't seen many featured on tv that look slim. You could argue the same for this group a lot of whom are diabetic. But yes to single out a group who have contributed down the years is just a tad harsh.
? I'm trying to figure out just wtf your on about so no change there.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Its quite simple Herd, don't single out certain groups as an example of how we can save money on healthcare, pensions etc. My point was that younger people are overweight, unhealthy and have conditions like diabetes. Morbidity isn't always linked to age, it's common knowledge working-class people in certain deprived areas have a much lower life expectancy than other parts of the country where they live to a ripe old age. So why don't you single them out or do you fall into that category yourself.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am
Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Its quite simple Herd, don't single out certain groups as an example of how we can save money on healthcare, pensions etc. My point was that younger people are overweight, unhealthy and have conditions like diabetes. Morbidity isn't always linked to age, it's common knowledge working-class people in certain deprived areas have a much lower life expectancy than other parts of the country where they live to a ripe old age. So why don't you single them out or do you fall into that category yourself.
Like the Royal Family and all the rest of the arse shagging toffs.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Nut flush, iI believe Herd was saying that it was ideal for the government, not that he agreed with it, or thought it was a good thing !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Dont think the Government will survive this intact, none could no matter what colour they wear. Mistakes have been made whether by SAGE, Goverment Ministers and Departments or other organisations like local authorities but I'm not sure many things could have been done much differently and the rising death toll has been cumulative for various reasons.

I find it hypocritical for all these big businesses to be going running to government for money when they usually complain about their interference at other times. Branson can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned but I genuinely feel sorry for the staff who will be losing their jobs but the aviation industry have been *word censored* for years charging through the nose for flights, causing a huge amount of pollution, treating staff poorly in many cases and being very slow to change and innovate now they're suddenly against the wall it's all the governments fault.

Christ I dont think there can be many industries out there right now that aren't struggling and need bailouts but exactly where the money is supposed to come from I'll be interested to hear.... half the developed nations in the world are trying to borrow money that doesnt exist anywhere except in the ether and that must be running out.

This situation will make the banking crisis seem like small change when the chickens come home to roost and for all the deluded out there who think we'll go back to normal any time soon the reality will come as a serious shock :roll:

nut flush gooner

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:25 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Nut flush, iI believe Herd was saying that it was ideal for the government, not that he agreed with it, or thought it was a good thing !
Herd is a populist, he wants the lot of them dead even though he is one of them!