CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://news.sky.com/video/video-truck- ... e-11993882

We must be the corona laughing stock of the world. The really scary thing is the second wave could be much much worse if we don't get our shit together fast.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Dominic Scummings press conference live at 4pm. Hope the journalists ask the right questions and are given the chance to follow up. You just know he’s gonna try and tough it out! Should be interesting!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Pretty decent version of events from big bad Dom. The Castle trip is the weak point in his story but only one journo has picked at it. The rest of the 'investigative journalism' displayed by the nation's finest has been shockingly weak. All too busy with their pre-written questions and taking the moral high ground.

Have to admit I was concerned for the Dom and Boris show but the quality media have just missed what they thought was an open goal :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:31 pm
Pretty decent version of events from big bad Dom. The Castle trip is the weak point in his story but only one journo has picked at it. The rest of the 'investigative journalism' displayed by the nation's finest has been shockingly weak. All too busy with their pre-written questions and taking the moral high ground.

Have to admit I was concerned for the Dom and Boris show but the quality media have just missed what they thought was an open goal :lol:
I think the next few days will be interesting! Only did the press conference through mounting pressure, as he said he didn’t care for public opinion the other day. And he went for a 30 mile ‘test drive’ with his wife and child to test his eyesight! That’s the one right there! “Darling, how do we explain a little jolly to that really nice village?” “I know, testing my eyesight.” Guilty as charged.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:

Its more a reflection of the quality of the journalists than his story being acceptable. Put him in front of Andrew Neill or Paxman and watch him squirm.

But yes, bar testing whether his eyes where up to a 260 mile journey he got away with it. Driving 260 miles to an available empty property during lockdown is a luxury most people don't have. Not forgetting people have not seen their loved ones buried due to lockdown rules. Thats the worst part of this.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

I think the next few days will be interesting! Only did the press conference through mounting pressure, as he said he didn’t care for public opinion the other day. And he went for a 30 mile ‘test drive’ with his wife and child to test his eyesight! That’s the one right there! “Darling, how do we explain a little jolly to that really nice village?” “I know, testing my eyesight.” Guilty as charged.

I think they have had their chance and blown it. Only one journo really had the nous to question the Castle part of the story which is where the lie sits. The press are hating the fact that there are child safety exemptions to the rules which has allowed DC to drive a truck through their version of events.

The left and Remainers alike hate DC for his role in the Brexit result and for then securing a GE victory which will allow that democratic result to stand. Their hate is so obvious it's funny. That absolute twat Alistair Campbell was straight on moaning about DC. This from a man who was knee deep in an illegal war with his mate and who has the blood of tens of thousands on his own hands.

The only chance that DC gets the bullet now imo is if Durham plod turn up anything out of sorts from ANPR.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Tory ministers starting to resign. At least it shows some of them have principles and a conscience. First of many hopefully as they wake up to the reality of this morally corrupt government and it’s shadowy advisor. Lies are beginning to snowball now.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 am
Tory ministers starting to resign. At least it shows some of them have principles and a conscience. First of many hopefully as they wake up to the reality of this morally corrupt government and it’s shadowy advisor. Lies are beginning to snowball now.

Oh behave yourself tux. The 37 year old kiddie MP for Forres / very junior Scottish minister who no bugger outside of Forres has ever heard of has resigned - so what! I bet he was nowhere to be seen when the local Forres neds were meeting up for a chat and a few bottles of Bucky!

This is not about public health, this is purely politics with DC. I love hearing outraged people bleating on about there's one rule for one :blah: No you idiots, the course that DC took is there for everybody to use but you're too stupid to realise that you could have done the same IF you had needed to. If I didn't know that this whole sham is politically driven, I'd have to conclude that a lot of the British public are thick.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 am
goonertux wrote:

Oh behave yourself tux. The 37 year old kiddie MP for Forres / very junior Scottish minister who no bugger outside of Forres has ever heard of has resigned - so what! I bet he was nowhere to be seen when the local Forres neds were meeting up for a chat and a few bottles of Bucky!

This is not about public health, this is purely politics with DC. I love hearing outraged people bleating on about there's one rule for one :blah: No you idiots, the course that DC took is there for everybody to use but you're too stupid to realise that you could have done the same IF you had needed to. If I didn't know that this whole sham is politically driven, I'd have to conclude that a lot of the British public are thick.
Jock, don’t really see what his age has to do with it? He is a Tory MP who has resigned on political grounds. And as I said, hopefully the first of many. The whole thing is about morals and integrity, both of which are severely lacking in the current Government. There are so many lies and bullshit in Cumming’s statement, I can’t believe anyone with half a brain can’t see through them?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I have a 6 year old granddaughter and if the needs be , I would have driven to Wales and back if neccessary. As probably would any right minded person . This is the politics of people looking to cause Cummings and by association Johnson as much embarrasment as possible .Pure and simple .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 am
I have a 6 year old granddaughter and if the needs be , I would have driven to Wales and back if neccessary. As probably would any right minded person . This is the politics of people looking to cause Cummings and by association Johnson as much embarrasment as possible .Pure and simple .
well you can now.
the fact is that back at the end of March you wouldn't have been able to - or would you have risked it like Dom did ?

can't you see how annoyed the country is by this ? The Daily Mail and The Guardian are agreeing with each other for fucks sake ! :D

the longer Cummings toughs this out then the weaker Johnson's government becomes.
forgetting his fairy story he put together yesterday (anyone who fell for that pack of lies i feel sorry for) this is the issue now.

will Cummings put the government first and resign or will he stay and bring it down with him ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

Jock, don’t really see what his age has to do with it? He is a Tory MP who has resigned on political grounds. And as I said, hopefully the first of many. The whole thing is about morals and integrity, both of which are severely lacking in the current Government. There are so many lies and bullshit in Cumming’s statement, I can’t believe anyone with half a brain can’t see through them?

Because, as with an awful lot of MPs, he has no real life work experience. I can't be arsed with anybody who leaves uni and goes straight into politics. They are all a bunch of work-shy arseholes imo. He's a kiddie MP who nobody has ever heard of. Trust me some of the Scots are a confused lot when it comes to politics. You have the SNP / left who are clear about where they stand and fair play to them, then the rest are often conservative (small c) in nature but can't vote that way because of 'the English'. Some of them then end up voting SNP just to 'fuck with the English' and effectively waste their vote. I know I digress slightly there but have that knowledge first hand.

Anyway he is an irrelevance, I think you need to wait for 'a name' to resign before you can claim any kind of victory on that front. Tbh you have to question the sanity of those chasing after a non-elected adviser and the way in which it is being conducted isn't exactly classy either! A lot of those drooling at the prospect of slicing up DC would also claim to be educated and morally good people but then again actions often speak louder than words!

On a different subject - if I may correct myself. I stated to Nutflush a couple of days ago that Sweden had gone above our death rate but I must have picked that up wrong as they are in fact still below us and quite considerably so at 399 per million to our 542 (we are the same as Italy) and Spain at 615. Belgium are probably still top of the tree. I still await the economic forecasts with interest.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:

Steady on there mate, capable of thinking for yourself.......the public won't like that :lol:

As you say pure politics nothing more.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am
goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

Because, as with an awful lot of MPs, he has no real life work experience. I can't be arsed with anybody who leaves uni and goes straight into politics. They are all a bunch of work-shy arseholes imo. He's a kiddie MP who nobody has ever heard of. Trust me some of the Scots are a confused lot when it comes to politics. You have the SNP / left who are clear about where they stand and fair play to them, then the rest are often conservative (small c) in nature but can't vote that way because of 'the English'. Some of them then end up voting SNP just to 'fuck with the English' and effectively waste their vote. I know I digress slightly there but have that knowledge first hand.

Anyway he is an irrelevance, I think you need to wait for 'a name' to resign before you can claim any kind of victory on that front. Tbh you have to question the sanity of those chasing after a non-elected adviser and the way in which it is being conducted isn't exactly classy either! A lot of those drooling at the prospect of slicing up DC would also claim to be educated and morally good people but then again actions often speak louder than words!

On a different subject - if I may correct myself. I stated to Nutflush a couple of days ago that Sweden had gone above our death rate but I must have picked that up wrong as they are in fact still below us and quite considerably so at 399 per million to our 542 (we are the same as Italy) and Spain at 615. Belgium are probably still top of the tree. I still await the economic forecasts with interest.
“Because, as with an awful lot of MPs, he has no real life work experience.”
Same goes for the f*cking Prime Minister! Straight from the playgrounds of Eton and the Bullingdon Club. Don’t see a lot of ‘real life experience’ following that route? And that’s where the problem lies. Complete contempt for us ‘common’ people.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
I disagree, you are just putting out what you would do in this situation.

Not everyone in the country is the same. When people don't go to their loved ones funerals because they have to self isolate and follow the rules, versus a man who was COVID positive drove 260 miles. There is a huge difference.

Conveniently the severe symptoms kicked in the day after he drove up there. Then he decides with dodgy eyesight to do a test drive to Barnard Castle to see if he is fit to drive back to London. I know having spent a decade driving to and from Sunderland which is just up the road from Durham that Barnard Castle is anything but en route in the journey back to London. The direct route is to pick up the A1(M) and head south. Why didn't he start driving down the A1(M) then decide if he was fit to do the whole journey? That's not factoring in that he wasn't fit and proper to drive a vehicle if his sight was impaired. That was the flakiest part of his explanation, it wouldn't surprise me if he just wanted to take his child out for the day somewhere he thought would be quiet and he got caught out.

Cummings makes a big thing about pushing back against the elite in this country when he is firmly entrenched within their ranks and has shown he thinks he can do what he likes.

Political allegiances are irrelevant, MPs from all sides of the house are pushing back at him. When you are such a controversial figurehead advising the govt, you are naturally going to make enemies but to me when a member of the ERG has openly said he should go, that exactly what he should do. His own Brexiteer stable are turning against him.

Don't forget this is not over, the infections will drop now over the next few months but I wouldn't be surprised to see a nasty second wave in the autumn, especially if we don't have our eyes on the ball like the first time. So when the Govt want people to observe a new set of rules, how many people are gonna say fuck it if Cummings can do what he likes so will we?