CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

I am all on for protecting the elderly and vulnerable IF THEY WANT IT, but otherwise I would be in the "lets open up almost everything again now" camp - nobody should be pushed back out into the real/open world again if they are nervous or afraid still, but likewise they shouldnt feel entitled to expect the whole world to wait until they are ready to open up before we start living again. What we have now is neither one thing or the other - we claim to have all these restrictions in place, but yet house parties and people not wearing masks is widespread and no action is being taken :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Anti-mask and lockdown protests, barely being reported in mainstream media :hmmthink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Of the 61 deaths in England in the last day all were between the ages of 56 and 92.

All but 4 of these had at least one underlying health condition.

No further detail but there is the chance that the 4 could all have been over 85.

Thank fu.ck there is finally beginning to be some questioning of the Boris / Hancock approach.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:01 pm
Of the 61 deaths in England in the last day all were between the ages of 56 and 92.

No further detail but there is the chance that the 4 could all have been over 85.

Thank fu.ck there is finally beginning to be some questioning of the Boris / Hancock approach.
Mate! It’s not the Boris/Hancock approach!
It’s Sage!
These “experts” would have been appointed no matter who was in no 10!
No party would have dared to doubt or question their “expertise”
I do believe they are finally beginning to!
Same here in norn iron! The DUP have basically said , if the current restrictions dont work, then fuck it!! We aint shutting down again!!
Politicians are at last asking these “boffins” for evidence that these measures will work?
Most of these “experts” were probably socially inadequate nerds! Who spent their adolescent and student lives, locked in their fucking bedrooms, studying whilst their classmates partied and had a fucking social life!
The restrictions they recommend probably have minimum effect on their lives!
They are however, still as terrified of the outside world as they always were, still as inadequate and still as petrified of being wrong!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Mate! It’s not the Boris/Hancock approach!
It’s Sage!
These “experts” would have been appointed no matter who was in no 10!
No party would have dared to doubt or question their “expertise”
I do believe they are finally beginning to!
Same here in norn iron! The DUP have basically said , if the current restrictions dont work, then fuck it!! We aint shutting down again!!
Politicians are at last asking these “boffins” for evidence that these measures will work?
Most of these “experts” were probably socially inadequate nerds! Who spent their adolescent and student lives, locked in their fucking bedrooms, studying whilst their classmates partied and had a fucking social life!
The restrictions they recommend probably have minimum effect on their lives!
They are however, still as terrified of the outside world as they always were, still as inadequate and still as petrified of being wrong!

It's funny how the Sage boys on the telly are now beginning to qualify their position by saying that they are just doing the virus suppression angle whereas the government have to take the economy / mental health etc into account. That's a change of tune.

Perhaps some of these public sector nerds should be put onto furlough pay or whatever Rishi is serving up now to see what they make of the reduced income. It's great to lock every cu.nt down when you are still getting full whack.

The restrictions do reduce deaths for a period and then we re-open and off we go again. At last the nerds are beginning to acknowledge that we have to live with the chinese virus until a vaccine turns up.

I'm sure I heard a stat the other day that the average age of covid deaths is 82.2 and that UK life expectancy is 81.....wtf !!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:

And what I find staggering Jock is how after 6 months of this, you are pulling of death figures for a Sunday firstly and secondly taking a retrospective view on people dying over the last week or so. These people were infected at least one month ago when the infection rates were much lower. If you genuinely want to analyse things look at trends, things like 7 day moving averages.

The Covid Zoe app, which is part of just about the largest symptom study on Covid in the world estimates there are 31,000 new infections in this country every day. The current case fatality rate is around 0.5% which equates to around 150 deaths a day in a few weeks time. Now, the question is are all these measures going to slow the rate of increase in new infections or are we heading back towards 1000 deaths a day later in the winter, if thats the case then a circuit break is literally the only choice and getting our fucking test and trace shit together once and for all. So much for it being world class, its not even non league standard.

People break social distancing laws specifically self isolation, they get fined. If they do it again they should get a custodial sentence or better still community service in a local hospital. It might just focus a few thick minds. The same goes with mask wearing indoors, instant fines for non compliance without a valid reason.

Australia and New Zealand had a full Rugby Union international yesterday in a full stadium. Australia in particular have a population of 25m contained community spread. It can be done when authorities co operate with each other.

You talk about the questioning of Boris and Hancock, and I am sure you have defended their record before. They both are out of their depth and have been from the start.

You also arent taking into account the long term effects on the NHS of dealing with long covid and all the other treatments that were neglected because of the first wave. Behind the COVID death rate of today a lot of people will die of cancer, but its ok they were sick anyway.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I see the madcap “experts” are teliing us that Christmas will basically be cancelled, with no comiing together of families!
Well I can tell you! There will be 15 in our house from 6 different households!
With ages ranging from 10 to 73!
So they can go and fuck themselves! Bunch of fucking idiots!

nut flush gooner

goonersid wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:30 am
I see the madcap “experts” are teliing us that Christmas will basically be cancelled, with no comiing together of families!
And you Sir are the problem,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Jesus sid. How are you going to feel if God forbid that 73 year old is infected in your house and dies a horrible death because of it? Why take the chance?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 am
goonersid wrote:
Jesus sid. How are you going to feel if God forbid that 73 year old is infected in your house and dies a horrible death because of it? Why take the chance?
It’s my sister mate! And she will make her own choice as to whether or not to come.
Just as she will for my planned Halloween part on Friday week :wink: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:06 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

And what I find staggering Jock is how after 6 months of this, you are pulling of death figures for a Sunday firstly and secondly taking a retrospective view on people dying over the last week or so. These people were infected at least one month ago when the infection rates were much lower. If you genuinely want to analyse things look at trends, things like 7 day moving averages.

What I don't find at all staggering is that you have misinterpreted what I said and are off on one again. Oh really.....trends....analysis....thanks for the advice I'd never have thought about any of that.

I'm not looking at the total death figures on a Sunday or any day per se, I'm talking about the make up of the figures and they speak for themselves. If you are old and fat then get your arse indoors and shield yourself. The average age of those who have died from coronavirus in England and Wales is 82.4 years old so shield the at risk and let the rest of us try and keep the economy going.

On the subject of infection rates, I still wonder how much of a handle we have on those figures because if upto 80% have little or no symptoms then how many are wandering around with the virus unknowingly and untested.

Absolutely I am questioning Boris and Hancock. I defended Boris previously because at the start of this shit every cu.nt was out of their depth and panicking. The useless twats had a chance to get track and trace up and running but fu.cked it up which sums politicians up.

nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Lates

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:17 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

What I don't find at all staggering is that you have misinterpreted what I said and are off on one again. Oh really.....trends....analysis....thanks for the advice I'd never have thought about any of that.

I'm not looking at the total death figures on a Sunday or any day per se, I'm talking about the make up of the figures and they speak for themselves. If you are old and fat then get your arse indoors and shield yourself. The average age of those who have died from coronavirus in England and Wales is 82.4 years old so shield the at risk and let the rest of us try and keep the economy going.

On the subject of infection rates, I still wonder how much of a handle we have on those figures because if upto 80% have little or no symptoms then how many are wandering around with the virus unknowingly and untested.

Absolutely I am questioning Boris and Hancock. I defended Boris previously because at the start of this shit every cu.nt was out of their depth and panicking. The useless twats had a chance to get track and trace up and running but fu.cked it up which sums politicians up.
Again you’re being a tad ignorant, and not looking at the bigger picture. 600+ NHS workers have died, how many of them are over 60? So what do you suggest about fat doctors then, get them indoors so you can have a pint?

I’ll give you myself as an example of how far off reality you are. Im 52, have a healthy BMI of 24 , no heart or lung issues. Like a pint/kebab/burger but nothing in great excess. I do have one co-morbidity though, its an auto immune deficiency which (in a similar way to the cytokine storm/ARDS presents at the later stages of COVID infection) attacks my body periodically and causes internal inflammation if allowed to progress unchecked. The treatment is immunity suppressors and steroids. Im such a sad fucker that I have gone off looking for medical journals commenting on medical outcomes for people who are on certain medications. Steroids effectively puts me in the highest risk category, it makes my morbidity risk shoot up from around 0.1% to 10%. Now if you look across the population theres 7m people like me, that people like you want to get out the way so you can have a jolly up. My life expectancy despite this condition is unaltered, so in your world it doesn't matter if I succumb before my time.

Not only that a large proportion of that 7m are economically active, meaning they are contributing towards getting us out of this hole. Sorry Jock, you aren’t looking at the bigger picture. An overwhelmed NHS leaves a lot of collateral damage not just for COVID but a multitude of other conditions, not forgetting that a healthy nation is required for the economy to function properly.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Again you’re being a tad ignorant, and not looking at the bigger picture. 600+ NHS workers have died, how many of them are over 60? So what do you suggest about fat doctors then, get them indoors so you can have a pint?

I’ll give you myself as an example of how far off reality you are. Im 52, have a healthy BMI of 24 , no heart or lung issues. Like a pint/kebab/burger but nothing in great excess. I do have one co-morbidity though, its an auto immune deficiency which (in a similar way to the cytokine storm/ARDS presents at the later stages of COVID infection) attacks my body periodically and causes internal inflammation if allowed to progress unchecked. The treatment is immunity suppressors and steroids. Im such a sad fucker that I have gone off looking for medical journals commenting on medical outcomes for people who are on certain medications. Steroids effectively puts me in the highest risk category, it makes my morbidity risk shoot up from around 0.1% to 10%. Now if you look across the population theres 7m people like me, that people like you want to get out the way so you can have a jolly up. My life expectancy despite this condition is unaltered, so in your world it doesn't matter if I succumb before my time.

Not only that a large proportion of that 7m are economically active, meaning they are contributing towards getting us out of this hole. Sorry Jock, you aren’t looking at the bigger picture. An overwhelmed NHS leaves a lot of collateral damage not just for COVID but a multitude of other conditions, not forgetting that a healthy nation is required for the economy to function properly.

Again off you go on your own agenda. Bigger picture ffs.......I'm not saying put the tubbies inside so I can have a pint you pillock, they need to be inside for their own protection. As clinicians if they choose to work then hats off, fair play to them, but now we know who covid goes after shouldn't we be looking after those individuals as much as possible or do you still think we need to lock the whole UK down to achieve that. Lock down for 2/3 weeks, come out, no track / trace and the infection rate shoots up again. Repeat. That is pretty friggin obvious. Oh and for what it's worth going by the annual averages approx 300 NHS staff would have died as a matter of course during that period so looking at the bigger picture does help eh.

If you are technically at risk then get your arse indoors too. If the rest of us have to get the economy going without you and your 7M friends then so be it. However there will be a percentage of those 7M, maybe even you too, who can work from home to some extent and still contribute to the cause while trying to stay safe. I've never said that the at risk need to be inside so I can party that's not the aim although I must say you're beginning to change my mind.

Of course you are expendable....as am I. Welcome to real life. We are all expendable as individuals but prefer to think we are too important to go before our time. As I said in our last exchange, this govt doesn't give a toss about you or me, they are just worried about themselves and the NHS collapsing on their watch nothing else. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save Boris' arse.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

One thing that I’ve found interesting, is that ugly people are still ugly, even with a mask :shock: it must be their eyes :lol:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:44 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Again off you go on your own agenda. Bigger picture ffs.......I'm not saying put the tubbies inside so I can have a pint you pillock, they need to be inside for their own protection. As clinicians if they choose to work then hats off, fair play to them, but now we know who covid goes after shouldn't we be looking after those individuals as much as possible or do you still think we need to lock the whole UK down to achieve that. Lock down for 2/3 weeks, come out, no track / trace and the infection rate shoots up again. Repeat. That is pretty friggin obvious. Oh and for what it's worth going by the annual averages approx 300 NHS staff would have died as a matter of course during that period so looking at the bigger picture does help eh.

If you are technically at risk then get your arse indoors too. If the rest of us have to get the economy going without you and your 7M friends then so be it. However there will be a percentage of those 7M, maybe even you too, who can work from home to some extent and still contribute to the cause while trying to stay safe. I've never said that the at risk need to be inside so I can party that's not the aim although I must say you're beginning to change my mind.

Of course you are expendable....as am I. Welcome to real life. We are all expendable as individuals but prefer to think we are too important to go before our time. As I said in our last exchange, this govt doesn't give a toss about you or me, they are just worried about themselves and the NHS collapsing on their watch nothing else. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save Boris' arse.
You are unreal Jock, I contribute like everyone else work for myself fully home-based and make coinage for myself with a contribution to the exchequer. Ten years ago this wouldn't be possible. But if you want to pay my salary along with a lot of other contributors who are in high-risk categories, that have been saved by software such as Zoom, I am all ears for your masterplan. I get the feeling you don't understand how big the services sector is in this country, much bigger than Wetherspoons for sure.

With regards to agenda, it's not me that behaves like he's almost falling off the right-wing of the Conservative party. Maggie Thatcher would be proud of you.

And being indoors, I exercise every day and choose when I go into settings that may be considered riskier, with a mask of course and hand sanitiser. I have done everything that I think is right from my perspective to keep myself at minimal risk and for others that I come into contact. As for the fatties, it's an individual decision they can make, not for you to decide.

Just as well you're not in charge of this country, with your Trump-like attitude we would have well north of 100,000 dead so far with more to come.