CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clash »

NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm
I was reading that Ireland has gone in to top tier 6 week full lockdown. They mentioned 1100 new cases and 3 deaths in a population of 5m.

Seems a bit over the top to me....
Meanwhile in Australia ... 4 newborn babies are reported to have died because travel restrictions meant they could not be transported from Adelaide to Melbourne, where there is a cardiac unit that might have saved them.

The world has gone mad.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

More of the deluded “experts” warning us that Christmas will basically be cancelled!
Who the fuck do they think they are?
Social inadequates!
Christmas will be when people finally tell these c u n t s to fuck off!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

With the children's schooling / eduction all having been badly affected by the Pandemic, there are some genuinely Good People out there and one of them is Marcus Rashford - who has used his wealth and public profile to get Free Meals for children during the lock-down. what with the tories voting against meals during the half-term etc

So hat's off to Rashford for Caring and Doing what he can with his money and profile! :hail:

But guess who has now got in on the act with his over whited teeth Harold Shipman Klopp - Grabbing the Headlines with "I Am So Proud of Marcus" statements and his grinning mug..

Is there no end to his shameful lust to be in the headlines all the time??? FFS! :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 am
With the children's schooling / eduction all having been badly affected by the Pandemic, there are some genuinely Good People out there and one of them is Marcus Rashford - who has used his wealth and public profile to get Free Meals for children during the lock-down. what with the tories voting against meals during the half-term etc

So hat's off to Rashford for Caring and Doing what he can with his money and profile! :hail:

But guess who has now got in on the act with his over whited teeth Harold Shipman Klopp - Grabbing the Headlines with "I Am So Proud of Marcus" statements and his grinning mug..

Is there no end to his shameful lust to be in the headlines all the time??? FFS! :banghead: :banghead:
The Trampy Shipman attention whore cùnt is probably raging his PR people didn't think of it first. :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

He is a truly detestable bastard!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I played golf with a guy from my village on Wednesday, I drove us there. Got a msg from him last night saying he was tested positive for COVID yesterday FFS. Now I have to isolate for a couple of weeks and I’m a little nervous as I was diagnosed with chronic asthma a couple of weeks back so my breathing is shit to start with!

Fingers crossed by some miracle I don’t have it, am going to try to get a test on Tuesday. :shock: :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Meanwhile as we fuck out about with a losing track and trace system and play games with the figures around numbers tested, China tests an entire city of 4.7m people

We can go to Boots if we like and spend £120 or drive 100 miles to somewhere and wait a couple of days or so for the results - meanwhile the economy burns.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-54687533

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 am
Meanwhile as we fuck out about with a losing track and trace system and play games with the figures around numbers tested, China tests an entire city of 4.7m people

We can go to Boots if we like and spend £120 or drive 100 miles to somewhere and wait a couple of days or so for the results - meanwhile the economy burns.....

And that's the problem, this world-class track and trace has cost billions in set up costs, and thousands every day in consultancy fees and yet we can't feed our own children for a fraction of the sum.

I went to hospital on Saturday. Was only in for around an hour. Got home and the NHS App started going apeshit saying I have been in contact with a COVID infected person. Two minutes later it said not really. What a fucking joke of a system. And this is a bug that hasn't been fixed in a month. I should imagine it could really tip some people over the edge.

If we got the system sorted out, we wouldn't need to take such draconian measures.

Edit : Now confirmed that the virus antibodies do not confer lifelong immunity only a few months. So herd immunity means a lot of casualties at all ages, deaths and ongoing health issues.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

And that's the problem, this world-class track and trace has cost billions in set up costs, and thousands every day in consultancy fees and yet we can't feed our own children for a fraction of the sum.

I went to hospital on Saturday. Was only in for around an hour. Got home and the NHS App started going apeshit saying I have been in contact with a COVID infected person. Two minutes later it said not really. What a fucking joke of a system. And this is a bug that hasn't been fixed in a month. I should imagine it could really tip some people over the edge.

If we got the system sorted out, we wouldn't need to take such draconian measures.

Edit : Now confirmed that the virus antibodies do not confer lifelong immunity only a few months. So herd immunity means a lot of casualties at all ages, deaths and ongoing health issues.
The bottom bit doesn't surprise me at all. Right at the start of this, I'd read that this coronavirus is one of four known coronaviruses - one of them is the common cold.......so just like a flu jab, it will buy you some time but it won't last forever. There is a strong likelihood it will be around forever in some shape or form, unlike something like smallpox. Providing that is the case, perhaps we should lock everything down forever and pay the wages of 9 million people for the next 100 years or so. Sadly we haven't eradicated cancer, heart disease and a whole host of other illnesses and I doubt very much we will eradicate this one. So, if that does prove to be the case at what point do we reopen sports stadiums, and the whole hospitality sector......or shall we just live a recluse like existence forever and never mix with another household again?

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

The bottom bit doesn't surprise me at all. Right at the start of this, I'd read that this coronavirus is one of four known coronaviruses - one of them is the common cold.......so just like a flu jab, it will buy you some time but it won't last forever. There is a strong likelihood it will be around forever in some shape or form, unlike something like smallpox. Providing that is the case, perhaps we should lock everything down forever and pay the wages of 9 million people for the next 100 years or so. Sadly we haven't eradicated cancer, heart disease and a whole host of other illnesses and I doubt very much we will eradicate this one. So, if that does prove to be the case at what point do we reopen sports stadiums, and the whole hospitality sector......or shall we just live a recluse like existence forever and never mix with another household again?
I don't think there is any solution now, the time to get the virus under control was in the summer. It always had a base to grow from, and as soon as the kids went back to school and universities started the seeds where sewn for the next round of exponential growth in cases and eventually deaths. Thats what happens when you have no leadership.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I don't think there is any solution now, the time to get the virus under control was in the summer. It always had a base to grow from, and as soon as the kids went back to school and universities started the seeds where sewn for the next round of exponential growth in cases and eventually deaths. Thats what happens when you have no leadership.
Agreed - too many mistakes made when things could have been controlled. My boss is a New Zealander and wants to return home to see his father who is very ill - rightly or wrongly, its a strict quarantine at a known location that he has to pay for personally for 14 days. Doesn't matter what passport you hold either. Compare that to here - just about the only developed country that left its borders wide open and not a single check upon arrival. I guy I know well who is married to an Iranian girl, came back from there not long after we'd locked down in March - he said at the departing airport he had his temperature taken twice and was told the same would happen when he landed......just breezed through Heathrow without a single check.

Track and trace, this utterly ludicrous 10pm that sees everyone spill out on to the streets, a furlough system that wasn't tailored by sector and has now £billions in fraudulent claims, care homes forced to take COVID patients. An absolute fucking disaster. Soon there won't be anything left that we love doing

nut flush gooner

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:56 pm
I played golf with a guy from my village on Wednesday, I drove us there. Got a msg from him last night saying he was tested positive for COVID yesterday FFS. Now I have to isolate for a couple of weeks and I’m a little nervous as I was diagnosed with chronic asthma a couple of weeks back so my breathing is shit to start with!

Fingers crossed by some miracle I don’t have it, am going to try to get a test on Tuesday. :shock: :?
Hope everything is ok mate. If you have compromised respiratory issues have a word with your quack about Vitamin D. Our useless NHS still isn’t providing guidance about taking supplements over the winter. There have been several peer reviewed studies that show low Vit D levels can put people at high risk of ARDS/Cytokine storms In the lungs. Covid leads to these conditions and its these types of issues that even if you survive cause the long covid. Taking Vitamin D is a no brainer with the right medical guidance imo and not expensive. Unfortunately we wont have good enough weather until next April to get it from the sun.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 am
TeeCee wrote:

Hope everything is ok mate. If you have compromised respiratory issues have a word with your quack about Vitamin D. Our useless NHS still isn’t providing guidance about taking supplements over the winter. There have been several peer reviewed studies that show low Vit D levels can put people at high risk of ARDS/Cytokine storms In the lungs. Covid leads to these conditions and its these types of issues that even if you survive cause the long covid. Taking Vitamin D is a no brainer with the right medical guidance imo and not expensive. Unfortunately we wont have good enough weather until next April to get it from the sun.
Its interesting what you say about Vitamin D, and as someone who has taken a vitamin D pill every day now for over 3 years I have only good things to say about it. Just over 3 years ago, I was in a constant cycle of feeling under the weather - if there was a flu bug, cough/cold etc going around I would pick it up. I felt tired and lethargic all the time, to the point in the end I felt compelled to visit the docs for the first time in years. I went for blood tests and it was confirmed that my vitamin D levels were in his words "far too low". As you say, at this time of the year with precious little natural sunlight in these parts, you face six months or so of not getting it from natural sources. I've barely had a cough, cold or sniffle since and feel 100x better - one tiny little tablet every day. Perhaps I'm just lucky or its just a coincidence but it has made me read up on it a bit more ever since, and the amount of acclaimed medics out there saying that they can't believe how little our government (and others) does to promote it.

I'm not a medical expert but it supposedly provides a natural boost to your immune system and when I've visited countries like Norway and Sweden during winter, virtually everyone up there takes the tablets, particularly at this time of year when sunlight is restricted to minimal hours. When i speak to guys up there they get surprised that it just isn't something we do every day i.e. take a tablet to boost levels.

I hope it works for you. I'm sure it won't get rid of serious underlying issues but it certainly will boost your immune system

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Its interesting what you say about Vitamin D, and as someone who has taken a vitamin D pill every day now for over 3 years I have only good things to say about it. Just over 3 years ago, I was in a constant cycle of feeling under the weather - if there was a flu bug, cough/cold etc going around I would pick it up. I felt tired and lethargic all the time, to the point in the end I felt compelled to visit the docs for the first time in years. I went for blood tests and it was confirmed that my vitamin D levels were in his words "far too low". As you say, at this time of the year with precious little natural sunlight in these parts, you face six months or so of not getting it from natural sources. I've barely had a cough, cold or sniffle since and feel 100x better - one tiny little tablet every day. Perhaps I'm just lucky or its just a coincidence but it has made me read up on it a bit more ever since, and the amount of acclaimed medics out there saying that they can't believe how little our government (and others) does to promote it.

I'm not a medical expert but it supposedly provides a natural boost to your immune system and when I've visited countries like Norway and Sweden during winter, virtually everyone up there takes the tablets, particularly at this time of year when sunlight is restricted to minimal hours. When i speak to guys up there they get surprised that it just isn't something we do every day i.e. take a tablet to boost levels.

I hope it works for you. I'm sure it won't get rid of serious underlying issues but it certainly will boost your immune system
I've been diagnosed with chronic Vitamin D deficiency over the last few years. Prior to the diagnosis, I used to get eye infections without fail every winter, and a nasty cold. One year even had a nasty chest infection. Last Autumn had a blood test and was put on a super boosting 2-week course of 20000 IU per day from memory which is ridiculously high. In the summer I sat in the garden and sunbathed a lot, now on 4000 IU which is higher than the recommended dose, but I am convinced that given I have been in loads of high risk settings since March I have dodged a few bullets for COVID, more importantly, I haven't had a cold for 2 years or any eye infections. I am totally sold on Vitamin D.

The way I look at it, if you take the NHS recommended dosage of Vit D you can't do yourself any harm and you could prevent something nasty from happening this winter.

I saw the government report on BAME covid deaths over the last few days, fuck me not one mention of Vitamin D which it is known that as a group BAME are generally deficient. It's borderline criminal when cock face Matt dismisses it in parliament only to be corrected by a Doctor on the other side. This is what we are battling with.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:40 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I've been diagnosed with chronic Vitamin D deficiency over the last few years. Prior to the diagnosis, I used to get eye infections without fail every winter, and a nasty cold. One year even had a nasty chest infection. Last Autumn had a blood test and was put on a super boosting 2-week course of 20000 IU per day from memory which is ridiculously high. In the summer I sat in the garden and sunbathed a lot, now on 4000 IU which is higher than the recommended dose, but I am convinced that given I have been in loads of high risk settings since March I have dodged a few bullets for COVID, more importantly, I haven't had a cold for 2 years or any eye infections. I am totally sold on Vitamin D.

The way I look at it, if you take the NHS recommended dosage of Vit D you can't do yourself any harm and you could prevent something nasty from happening this winter.

I saw the government report on BAME covid deaths over the last few days, fuck me not one mention of Vitamin D which it is known that as a group BAME are generally deficient. It's borderline criminal when cock face Matt dismisses it in parliament only to be corrected by a Doctor on the other side. This is what we are battling with.
Thanks for sharing mate, and glad to hear its doing you lots of good. I clearly didn't have anything like as bad as you had but simply taking the 1000 IU tablet every day has worked wonders for me. I'm not one for conspiracy theories usually, but it does make me wonder why this isn't ever mentioned in simple guidance. Lets take good diet and battling obesity as a given - anyone who doesn't know that's a good thing, must be living in a cave (or perhaps Stoke). Like you say, even if it was an intake of the recommended daily dose and no more, why wouldn't that be on some sort of fact sheet or landing page when you visit the government website? I have no idea whether I've had COVID or not. However, I do know that I'm giving myself more chances to boost my immune system naturally in the event that i do catch it. Now you mention the infections, if I went back over a further period of time I also contracted sinus and chest infections - thankfully neither have recurred since the Vitamin D intake