CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

The closures of Norfolk schools Cliff Park Ormiston Academy in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, Hemblington Primary School at Blofield Heath, John Grant School, Caister-on-sea and Kenninghall Primary School are all caused by coronavirus cases, Norfolk County Council has confirmed.

At John Grant School at Caister there have been six positive cases in two weeks while several people are awaiting test results.

And it's here in Primary schools , you know the age that doesn't get it.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 pm

And it's here in Primary schools , you know the age that doesn't get it.
they are not at the age that doesn't get it they just don't develop it into a serious or life threatening case as us old vulnerable people would

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

My point is that it is in the schools and running riot as the kids in primary mix together then separate at 3.00 go home with their siblings who were also mixing together with their class mates and spreading it to the adult population . Whether they suffer as badly is immaterial , they are super spreaders and the only real reason that they are at school is to get mummy and Daddy , if he's still around , back to work to save the economy. Both Hancock and Williamson have commented that there is little evidence that the virus is spread at school but that's not my concern . It's after they get home thast the rest of the family are in danger and obviosly it is being spread and it not age selective.
My wife and I hope to see our grandchild sooner rather than later but she aged 7 has told her parents that she doesn't want to see either set of grandparents until it's safe to do so .

Tragic.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Boris & Co have completely F*ckked this Up..

They were slow to react and could have prepared so much more and so much sooner...They (the Govt) have cost many many Lives - because they are utterly Inept and deserve to all be hung from Lamposts with Rusty Piano wire al la Mussolini style.

Even knowing how bad the first wave was - They still did NOT get their feckin' act together and get ready for they knew 1,000% was going to be a 2nd wave

They have Closed some places and not others making the former ineffectual.

Seriously the cunnt needs to be shot in the face with a dum dum bullet. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal's Mohamed Elneny has now tested positive for Covid-19 with the Egypt squad. So he will be in Egypt for a week or two now.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Auba’s Instagram stories are anything to go by it will an absolute miracle if he too doesn’t come back positive. The shit that’s gone on with Gabon has been absolutely reckless.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

16 premier league players tested positive this week. Squads are being tested

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I just don’t understand why so many international matches being played!
Another one tomorrow night!

The Nations League has to be the worst thing ever invented. It has made international football completely unwatchable.

The way things are going most squads willl be either injured or self isolating by Christmas

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Wouldn't be surprised if the PL went on a break over Christmas

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:20 pm
Boris & Co have completely F*ckked this Up..

They were slow to react and could have prepared so much more and so much sooner...They (the Govt) have cost many many Lives - because they are utterly Inept and deserve to all be hung from Lamposts with Rusty Piano wire al la Mussolini style.

Even knowing how bad the first wave was - They still did NOT get their feckin' act together and get ready for they knew 1,000% was going to be a 2nd wave

They have Closed some places and not others making the former ineffectual.

Seriously the cunnt needs to be shot in the face with a dum dum bullet. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:cheers: :high5:

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Which leads to the question if clubs are testing their players at all :rubchin: How are all these players playing week in and week out domestically, and then testing positive within a day or 2 of meeting up with their international squads ? Isnt there supposed to be some short period where a person has it before the test even shows positive ? Isnt that why people have to isolate for 14 days even after a negative test ? That to me suggests that players have the virus BEFORE joining their international squads

Anyway I am still in the "lets open up the countries again and get back to living our lives", cos this shit lockdowns are simply not working :evil:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 pm
A11M11 wrote:

Which leads to the question if clubs are testing their players at all :rubchin: How are all these players playing week in and week out domestically, and then testing positive within a day or 2 of meeting up with their international squads ? Isnt there supposed to be some short period where a person has it before the test even shows positive ? Isnt that why people have to isolate for 14 days even after a negative test ? That to me suggests that players have the virus BEFORE joining their international squads

Anyway I am still in the "lets open up the countries again and get back to living our lives", cos this shit lockdowns are simply not working :evil:
Lockdowns do work.
The problem in the UK is that the second lockdown has not been nearly tough enough.
I see the Scots are going to make it illegal to travel out of a tier 3 area. That sounds a better idea.
There is no reason at all why anyone needs to travel further than about 5 miles right now anyway.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

My closest supermarket is 9 miles away but I don't disagree with your sentiment.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm
augie wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Lockdowns do work.
The problem in the UK is that the second lockdown has not been nearly tough enough.
I see the Scots are going to make it illegal to travel out of a tier 3 area. That sounds a better idea.
There is no reason at all why anyone needs to travel further than about 5 miles right now anyway.

The problem with your train of thought is how long do you expect that to be viable and successful ? It's all well and good shutting down everyone in a Tier 3 area and that might keep the people within that area clear from the virus, but sooner or later you are gonna let people into that bubble from outside, or you are gonna let people leave that bubble and allow them into "unclean area's" with the risk of them bringing it back into that area again ? Lockdowns see short term positives, but it is impossible and unrealistic to see any type of long term success out of it as it will largely only defer what is coming, so you have to ask then if the sacrifices (in terms of jobs and the economy) are worth the months of lockdowns - I would suggest not

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm
augie wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Lockdowns do work.
Lockdown, what lockdown? no difference where i live or work.