CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:32 pm
Uncle Bill died today from covid, an absolute gentleman and an altruistic human being.

Have stopped drinking since new year but the Toni and I having a glass of wine and toasting the guy,just so sad we could not go and see him.

Such a lonely death.

Nutflush I didnt mean to sound a little tetchy with you, I appreciated your kindness, forgive my indiscretion.

I am sorry to hear of your loss LFG. May he Rest In Peace. :cry:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:34 pm
Uncle Bill died today from covid, an absolute gentleman and an altruistic human being.

Have stopped drinking since new year but the Toni and I having a glass of wine and toasting the guy,just so sad we could not go and see him.

Such a lonely death.

Nutflush I didnt mean to sound a little tetchy with you, I appreciated your kindness, forgive my indiscretion.

I am sorry to hear of your loss LFG. May he Rest In Peace. :cry:
Thanks Onebard, much appreciated, he was a humble guy who put his energy into his family, religion and profession as a doctor before he retired.

Just before lockdown i went up to Beckenham and redecorated his kitchen for him and we made it a family gathering, although they were all getting merry while I was getting covered in paint lol.

You are right though, rest in peace Bill.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Such a lonely death.

Absolutely no problem mate.

My mates Mum died of Covid In May, he is a gooner and I always remember going over in the 80s to pick him up before we drove to each game. Her knowledge of all things Arsenal was amazing, she always would chat for a few mins before each game about which players were doing well or out of form. Looking back she was doing it to keep her young lad happy and show an interest in something he was passionate about.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Bill, RIP.

LeftfootlegendGooner

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 pm

Such a lonely death.

Absolutely no problem mate.

My mates Mum died of Covid In May, he is a gooner and I always remember going over in the 80s to pick him up before we drove to each game. Her knowledge of all things Arsenal was amazing, she always would chat for a few mins before each game about which players were doing well or out of form. Looking back she was doing it to keep her young lad happy and show an interest in something he was passionate about.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Bill, RIP.
Thanks mate, I have an older sister Amanda and she is Arsenal mad, she knows so much about The Arsenal, her son who is a diamond and an avid Arsenal fan, he is stuck in Barcelona, sounds very much the same.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From BBC site today...

A firm that supplies wheelchairs for the NHS has denied doing anything wrong by telling its staff it has access to Covid-19 jabs "through a back door".

Also seen reports that people are singing up as NHS workers to access vacine

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:40 am
From BBC site today...

A firm that supplies wheelchairs for the NHS has denied doing anything wrong by telling its staff it has access to Covid-19 jabs "through a back door".

i know 3 people who are NHS workers but are hardly front line workers - one even works from home!
They are all under 50 yet have all had their first jab! No wonder only half of over 80s in London have been vaccinated!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Such a lonely death.

Sorry for your loss Lefty. You're having a shit run of it mate. Terribly sad to hear he passed alone. That's awful. Hopefully he's in a better kinder place now.

And hopefully your sis will be fine and back to full nagging potential quickly before the brother in law gets too comfy! :wink:

RIP Uncle Bill.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Such a lonely death.

very sorry to hear that. Sympathies with you and yours at this time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 am
Redarmy wrote:
From BBC site today...

i know 3 people who are NHS workers but are hardly front line workers - one even works from home!
They are all under 50 yet have all had their first jab! No wonder only half of over 80s in London have been vaccinated!

I work for my Local Authority (Housing: Homeless Dept) there are a total of 86 staff members in the whole building, 50 have been working from home and the remaining 36 mainly in the office/front-line where we are in actual contact / interview situation with applicants/ clients, of those 36 people 19 people have contracted COVID and had to isolate, 4 of whom are still recovering from the affects (still breathless after the isolation period and energy totally drained) and we all are having our jabs tomorrow (*) Those working from home, are booked for next month when a new rotation schedule (2 weeks home - 2 weeks in the office) is being put in place.

I don't think it's un-reasonable for those workers on the front line to get the jabs. Most of us are at least over 50, some of the managers in their 60's.

It can be a terrible strain and worry when even though we are social distancing; we wear masks but still handle completed paper forms and personal documents belonging to the clients, yes we all sanitise before and after, but that is still not a guarantee and it is so easy to make a slip-up. :|

(*) t's the Pfizer one where we get the 1st jab, then the 2nd 12 weeks later. (I hope there are no serious side-affects)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Absolutely no issue with that if its all authorised, what i hate is this small minority trying to cheat the process, such as signing up as NHS workers when they are not....
or fuckers totally disregarding the Goverment rules...as one chief of Police previously stated...they have blood on their hands

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 am
Redarmy wrote:
From BBC site today...

I work for my Local Authority (Housing: Homeless Dept) there are a total of 86 staff members in the whole building, 50 have been working from home and the remaining 36 mainly in the office/front-line where we are in actual contact / interview situation with applicants/ clients, of those 36 people 19 people have contracted COVID and had to isolate, 4 of whom are still recovering from the affects (still breathless after the isolation period and energy totally drained) and we all are having our jabs tomorrow (*) Those working from home, are booked for next month when a new rotation schedule (2 weeks home - 2 weeks in the office) is being put in place.

I don't think it's un-reasonable for those workers on the front line to get the jabs. Most of us are at least over 50, some of the managers in their 60's.

It can be a terrible strain and worry when even though we are social distancing; we wear masks but still handle completed paper forms and personal documents belonging to the clients, yes we all sanitise before and after, but that is still not a guarantee and it is so easy to make a slip-up. :|

(*) t's the Pfizer one where we get the 1st jab, then the 2nd 12 weeks later. (I hope there are no serious side-affects)
The thing is with the vaccine, apart from the front line there will always be essential services that need to be prioritised. For example, given the millions of doses that Astrazeneca need to produce for the population its a no brainer to give the team responsible for the rollout immediate protection.

I do believe that its got to my tier now, with the high risk groups being invited as well as over 70s. I am much younger than 70 but will just wait for a text/letter. The only reason I am in this group is that I take steroids, whilst I am physically fit a dose of covid would ravage my immune system. I have the equivalent of Igor Stepanovs and Pascal Cygan in central defence!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 pm
Absolutely no issue with that if its all authorised, what i hate is this small minority trying to cheat the process, such as signing up as NHS workers when they are not....
or fuckers totally disregarding the Goverment rules...as one chief of Police previously stated...they have blood on their hands

1,000% agree on both counts mate.

Surely it is fraudulent to pretend to be a NHS worker in order to gain preference, can.ts should be locked up, their mugs & names put on social media to put them to shame. Mind you with scum like that hey have no 'shame'. :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 am

Such a lonely death.

Sorry for your loss Lefty. You're having a shit run of it mate. Terribly sad to hear he passed alone. That's awful. Hopefully he's in a better kinder place now.

And hopefully your sis will be fine and back to full nagging potential quickly before the brother in law gets too comfy! :wink:

RIP Uncle Bill.
Thanks mate, that's much appreciated, he was an avid Church goer so I'm sure he was and is at peace now.

Lol yes my sister and brother in law shouldn't be together for 8 hours solid let alone 10 days, last time I remember them having a fall out she hit him on the head with a vodka bottle and had to call an ambulance :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Such a lonely death.

very sorry to hear that. Sympathies with you and yours at this time.
Thank you mate, appreciated.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Such a lonely death.

Sorry to read that Lefty, hope you and the family are okay mate

🍻 to Uncle Bill