CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by shu »

And you really sum it up clummo with that comment that the elderly are not thankful and don’t give a flying fuck about anyone else other than themselves.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

shu wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:11 pm
And you really sum it up clummo with that comment that the elderly are not thankful and don’t give a flying fuck about anyone else other than themselves.
First off I'm not elderly, I'm possibly younger than your Dad! :lol:

Secondly, I and everyone else have the absolute right to choose which vaccine I want to put into my body and when.

I'm not a sheep that blindly follows the herd. I'm an intelligent, free thinking man who's medical condition dictates that I have to be careful.

And don't PM me again please. I have no interest in talking to you outside of the public forum. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm
shu wrote:

Secondly, I and everyone else have the absolute right to choose which vaccine I want to put into my body and when.

I'm not a sheep that blindly follows the herd. I'm an intelligent, free thinking man who's medical condition dictates that I have to be careful.

And don't PM me again please. I have no interest in talking to you outside of the public forum. :lol:

:rubchin: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm
shu wrote:

:rubchin: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Don't you start Augie! :lol:

I'll have you know I'm a former member of MENSA with an official IQ of 156. (Not far short of Albert Einstein)

Stick that in your pipe! :box: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

shu wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:38 pm
The thing is I work with a lot of younger people . They have effectively given up a year of the lives , why , to protect old gits who in the main don’t give a fucck about these kids and their futures. They are ungrateful then moan the vaccine is the wrong one. They moan and moan and fill the supermarkets up because they do duck all else.

Apart apparently from illegally stream footy
Bit of a valentines day massacre here and I speak as someone who is in age between the oldies and the kids.

I have to say no one deserves to be denied an education, the under 16s in this country are at a huge disadvantage compared with those of us who weren't educated during a pandemic. However, as soon as you get into the 18-35 age range basically those that don't think covid is a big issue you have wholesale non compliance, conspiracies and snowflakes bleating about their liberty. Gen Z and Millenials having their arses wiped all their lives and as soon as the going gets tough they decide fuck it they dont want to be part of a team effort.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:32 pm
Anyhow, back on topic....

I have received my invitation for the Oxford vaccine this Thursday. Decision time. :rubchin: :lol:
What is there to decide?
You have been offered a vaccination against a virus that may well kill you.
It has been fully approved.

Just take it and stop acting like a spoilt toddler having a tantrum.
There are millions of people all over the world who would love to receive the vaccine that you can get this week.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

I have received my invitation for the Oxford vaccine this Thursday. Decision time. :rubchin: :lol:
What is there to decide?

There are millions of people all over the world who would love to receive the vaccine that you can get this week.
Oh piss off mate. Who's acting like a spoilt toddler?

My decision is WHICH vaccination to have. And I'd very happily swap my medical conditions for a longer wait for a jab.

Another clueless cùnt on here. FFS!

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

My decision is WHICH vaccination to have. And I'd very happily swap my medical conditions for a longer wait for a jab.

You are having a hell of a day today buddy - falling out with 2 members so far and the evening is still young :lol: :lol:

One more and you get a free set of steak knives from the midget mod (who will rob them from some poor bast.ard in Dublin)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You are having a hell of a day today buddy - falling out with 2 members so far and the evening is still young :lol: :lol:

One more and you get a free set of steak knives from the midget mod (who will rob them from some poor bast.ard in Dublin)
:lol: :lol:

I'm done mate. I can't deal with these morons any more. If it was two of the more intelligent people that are here I'd happily debate with them but not those two idiots.

It's been fun on the whole.......

:barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

As a much missed poster would say

"Ooh, look at the gays fighting" :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You don’t get to make a decision
You just get to take it.

What I can’t stand is you anti vacs nut jobs who think they know better than the scientists. :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

What I can’t stand is you anti vacs nut jobs who think they know better than the scientists. :roll:
Completely wrong again.

Of course I get to make a decision. Everyone does!

The choices given to me by my GP Surgery are the Pfizer vaccine or the Oxford vaccine.

I initially turned down the Pfizer because my preference was for the Oxford. I received a phone call today from the surgery with an appointment for this Thursday. On offer to me are BOTH vaccines and I get to choose!

My parents both did the same in January. They turned down their initial appointments which were for Pfizer and waited until their GP had stock of the Oxford.

I'm NOT ANTI VACCINE at all. I want to decide which one I have and I was willing to wait a further few weeks for my preferred jab. I'd say that you're one of the sheep that follow the herd and let them inject you with what they want without question.

I wouldn't criticise or demean any individual who's preference is for Pfizer as that's their choice. You do the research, look into the options and pick which you think is best for you.

I've spoken to both my GP and my Consultant at the hospital and both agree the Oxford is probably marginally better for me.

You really do need to get your facts straight before you call someone out mate.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

Afraid so Clummo...too many asumptions made incorrectly
As you know, there is a proportion of people who have to consider which vacine they will take or wether they will take it due to underlying medical conditions
Hope all goes well for you mate

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

Take it or dont take it, take this one or take that one, I dont really give a shit cos imo it is a personal decision that each person has to make for themselves. What I am absolutely shocked and stunned at though, is your absolute innocence in the various scientists :shock: :shock: Where there is massive amounts of money at stake (like this situation), I can never totally buy into the motives of people who are paid by the big companies. Jobs are on the line here, massive profits are on the line here, and yet you have this pure vision of the people involved :shock: :shock:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

Ohh yes you do. Have you been through this process Rob?

Basically theres a NHS Online portal and there will also be a local hub set up by GP surgeries, you can ring up your GP and find out which jabs they are administering, When I looked at online bookings, the local pharmacies administer AstraZenaca. Its not hard to figure that out. I mean how many chemists will have fridges that can store the Pfizer vaccine at -70c. This theory was backed up by making a few phone calls.

So in my case as soon as I knew my GP was administering Pfizer, I waited for a text message and took up my appointment.

What interests me is what Clummo’s preference is and why, I took Pfizer because its efficacy 3 weeks after the first jab is 90%. It starts to wane after that, but its much higher than AZN.