CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clummo99 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Boris fucked up certainly by not closing the Border however the fucking idiots going to and from India in the first place didn't fucking help.... jesus wept not exactly responsible human beings are they, oh look there is a massive outbreak of a new variant of a deadly disease, i'll just go visit friends and family there :roll:

Every time we've had a wave hit it is because of individual irresponsibility, its a virus it passes via contact >>>> stop contacts virus doesn't pass on, its not bloody rocket science. If you have to come in to contact with others follow the advice which is pretty much the same world wide, variants on hands, face, space.

I went back to work on 1 Jul last year, since then the vast majority of our staff have come back to work with the exception of 1 or 2 of the Administrators who can just as well work from home, we are a small business of approximately 30 or so people including the part time staff, not one of us has been diagnosed with Covid 19, we haven't had a single days work lost due to self isolation..... believe you me it isn't that hard if you follow the guidance instead of rail against or deliberately misinterpret it :banghead:
Very well put Muzz.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Some people want to turn it into political point scoring but regardless of whether the government did this or didn't do that if Joe Public just did the obvious things, as all responsible people should, then the situation wouldn't be half as bad as it is.

Just because you could fly to the sub continent doesn't mean you should have.

It really is as simple as that.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Boris fucked up certainly by not closing the Border however the fucking idiots going to and from India in the first place didn't fucking help.... jesus wept not exactly responsible human beings are they, oh look there is a massive outbreak of a new variant of a deadly disease, i'll just go visit friends and family there :roll:

Every time we've had a wave hit it is because of individual irresponsibility, its a virus it passes via contact >>>> stop contacts virus doesn't pass on, its not bloody rocket science. If you have to come in to contact with others follow the advice which is pretty much the same world wide, variants on hands, face, space.

I went back to work on 1 Jul last year, since then the vast majority of our staff have come back to work with the exception of 1 or 2 of the Administrators who can just as well work from home, we are a small business of approximately 30 or so people including the part time staff, not one of us has been diagnosed with Covid 19, we haven't had a single days work lost due to self isolation..... believe you me it isn't that hard if you follow the guidance instead of rail against or deliberately misinterpret it :banghead:
Explain to me how you stop any variant from going from one country to the other Muzz, unless you completely close the borders? Some EU countries aren't allowing us to travel eg Germany, but because others are the Delta Variant is starting to spread there too.

Again like others, you are giving Boris a pass here. This clown like Trump has a Teflon head, literally, nothing sticks to him.

There is one reason we haven't opened up on the 21st June it's because of him wanting to bum lick the Indian PM over a trade deal that the UK wants with India, which will be massive compared with the agreement they have just signed with the Aussies. India should have been put onto the red list in February/Early March at the latest.

I was watching the test series in India, and they were allowing 70,000 into the grounds when the infection rates were beginning to rise. This is a whole two months before Boris did anything about it.

Rather than have a pop at the people travelling to and from India (some of which need to on business etc) why don't you solely out the person that is supposed to run this country? He is the reason we are not opening up today, no one else. It's called strong leadership.

Jacinda Arden has shown what effective management of your borders can achieve, the Kiwis aren't anywhere near being fully vaccinated. Thank god for the vaccines otherwise we would be looking at a death toll of well north of 200k.

nut flush gooner

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:35 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Very well put Muzz.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Some people want to turn it into political point scoring but regardless of whether the government did this or didn't do that if Joe Public just did the obvious things, as all responsible people should, then the situation wouldn't be half as bad as it is.

Completely disagree. When people were told not to wear masks last summer did they wholesale follow the guidance? It took much more stringent guidelines and enforcement to changed things. Even now walk into a shop, people don't give a shit.

By the same token, you are singling out people travelling between two countries. Instead, you need to make it plain clear that they shouldn't travel, and that's by using existing rules that you can enforce ie make India a red country, It's as simple as that, one person ie Boris can be the driver rather than having to unrealistically to expect thousands of people to change their travel plans.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am
Clummo99 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Very well put Muzz.

Completely disagree. When people were told not to wear masks last summer did they wholesale follow the guidance? It took much more stringent guidelines and enforcement to changed things. Even now walk into a shop, people don't give a shit.

By the same token, you are singling out people travelling between two countries. Instead, you need to make it plain clear that they shouldn't travel, and that's by using existing rules that you can enforce ie make India a red country, It's as simple as that, one person ie Boris can be the driver rather than having to unrealistically to expect thousands of people to change their travel plans.
You're basically agreeing with me there mate. :lol:

My point is nobody should need to be told. Responsible people will do the right thing off their own bat. Unfortunately, as we know, most people seem to be selfish and irresponsible.

nut flush gooner

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Very well put Muzz.

My point is nobody should need to be told. Responsible people will do the right thing off their own bat. Unfortunately, as we know, most people seem to be selfish and irresponsible.
I don't think I am tbh. I am saying the direction needs to come from the State because compulsory mask wearing which was pretty much law, people ignored until the Government was more stringent with fines for breaches etc.

Travel to India, however, was a personal decision, and I have no doubt some people did not travel to India because of the spike in infections. I have Asian friends who would normally spend the winter over there, but they didn't go this year. You also have to factor in a lot of those journeys would have been business related. Quite simply put India on the red list much earlier and you nip this variant in the bud. Boris dithering again. It's not politics its leadership.

The more I think about it, his appointment of Kate Bingham to procure the vaccines was more luck than a masterstroke of judgement.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Unless you’ve been living on the moon for the last year you would know that only “essential travel” was allowed. I don’t think you were allowed to fly to the south continent unless for business or for compassionate reasons. Don’t fucking tell me that thousands and thousands were in India strictly following those rules. The reality was they they thought fuck this in the UK under lockdown, we’ll go and see relatives for 6 months. When the red list was introduced they clamoured to get back in their thousands and brought the variant back. This ignores the fact they were supposed to quarantine on their return which they obviously didn’t. The mistake the government keeps making is to trust people. Huge swathes can’t be trusted. The other mistake was giving people 10 days to get back. Madness.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

very good comments Nutflush - too many people just can't face up to the fact that Boris is solely to blame here.

It is fairly unbelievable that the UK which was months ahead of the EU in vaccinating people will now ease restrictions AFTER most of these countries :roll:

Two things are consistent since the start of the pandemic:

1. Boris Johnson continually makes mistakes - his main 3 are March 2020 (failed to lockdown quick enough), Autumn 2020 (failed to lockdown quick enough) and April 2021 (failed to block the borders quick enough)

2. the UK public are mostly compliant, but have more than their fair share of stupid people who need to be told what to do

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Very well put Muzz.

I don't think I am tbh. I am saying the direction needs to come from the State because compulsory mask wearing which was pretty much law, people ignored until the Government was more stringent with fines for breaches etc.

Travel to India, however, was a personal decision, and I have no doubt some people did not travel to India because of the spike in infections. I have Asian friends who would normally spend the winter over there, but they didn't go this year. You also have to factor in a lot of those journeys would have been business related. Quite simply put India on the red list much earlier and you nip this variant in the bud. Boris dithering again. It's not politics its leadership.

The more I think about it, his appointment of Kate Bingham to procure the vaccines was more luck than a masterstroke of judgement.
Let's keep this quote tower going! :barscarf: :lol:

Your first point about mask wearing is exactly what I mean. A new law didn't need to be made if people just did the correct, responsible thing by following the guidance and wore one.

And even now that a tougher stance has been taken a good number of individuals still insist on not wearing a mask properly or even at all.

Law or no law, Tory, Labour or the Monster Raving Loonies it doesn't matter as long as there are selfish, irresponsible people in the world that will only do what they want to do.

BTW I have absolutely no interest in politics so I don't fall on either the left or right side of the fence. I don't even sit on the fence. I simply don't care so I don't comment politically.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:33 am
Unless you’ve been living on the moon for the last year you would know that only “essential travel” was allowed. I don’t think you were allowed to fly to the south continent unless for business or for compassionate reasons. Don’t fucking tell me that thousands and thousands were in India strictly following those rules. The reality was they they thought fuck this in the UK under lockdown, we’ll go and see relatives for 6 months. When the red list was introduced they clamoured to get back in their thousands and brought the variant back. This ignores the fact they were supposed to quarantine on their return which they obviously didn’t. The mistake the government keeps making is to trust people. Huge swathes can’t be trusted. The other mistake was giving people 10 days to get back. Madness.
Yes BP7, that's what I mean about selfish and irresponsible people. 8)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:29 pm
very good comments Nutflush - too many people just can't face up to the fact that Boris is solely to blame here.
thats like saying the police were solely to blame for hillsborough, no blame on the ticketless scum pushing to get in who actually caused the crush...

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
thats like saying the police were solely to blame for hillsborough, no blame on the ticketless scum pushing to get in who actually caused the crush...
Great comparison. 8)

Rob your continual stance of laying ALL the blame at one man's door is frankly laughable. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Great comparison. 8)

Rob your continual stance of laying ALL the blame at one man's door is frankly laughable. :lol:
Sums up the problem with this country in 2021. Always someone else’s fault. Whether you’re unemployed, you’ve had 5 kids you can’t afford to feed and clothe or you’ve committed some sort of crime. It’s always someone else’s fault that you have found yourself in a bad situation. I call it the X-Factor generation. No talent but a really good sob story will get you very far in modern Britain. :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:33 am
Let me help you understand the rules that applied when the Indian Variant was allowed to come into the country during April.

You are allowed to fly to countries on the Amber list, but not for holidays. And that was only clarified in May by Boris Johnson. So before that time as for any country on the amber list people were assuming that you could travel to any country, as long as you self-isolated at home for ten days. This was debated in Parliament, and only after Boris was put on the spot did he clarify the position. Mixed messaging anyone? Make the rules more specific and make people pay for taking the piss and then you get compliance, as I mentioned with mask-wearing.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-18/joh ... avel-rules

Pakistan and Bangladesh were added to the red list on 2nd April, India on the 22nd with three days notice after Boris cancelled his trip to India. I don't know where you got this 10-day window from. How can you not see this was another huge Boris fuck up?

All the facts are here. If you read the article, it quantifies that the three days between the 19th and 22nd sowed the seeds for the third wave in this country.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-the ... t-12306393

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the rest of the population aren't going to Amber list countries and self-isolating when they return, especially if they can get a cheap holiday? We know that's not the truth.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.
Take a negative test before you go.
Quarantine on return for 10 days and test negative on days 2 and 10.

Clear these characters didn’t follow any of it!

I don’t personally know anyone that has gone anywhere other than green list countries. Everyone else has holidayed in the UK. Take a look at any booking website and the UK holiday destinations are full…. Full of responsible individuals taking the safer choice. Basically the backbone of Britain. The sensible lot that have followed the rules in the main.

As I say. We live in a victim culture. Always someone else’s fault. Take some responsibility some time. The country may get rid of this wokery if we did.

nut flush gooner

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.
Take a negative test before you go.
Quarantine on return for 10 days and test negative on days 2 and 10.

Clear these characters didn’t follow any of it!

I don’t personally know anyone that has gone anywhere other than green list countries. Everyone else has holidayed in the UK. Take a look at any booking website and the UK holiday destinations are full…. Full of responsible individuals taking the safer choice. Basically the backbone of Britain. The sensible lot that have followed the rules in the main.

As I say. We live in a victim culture. Always someone else’s fault. Take some responsibility some time. The country may get rid of this wokery if we did.
Read the article, its quite simple to comprehend.