CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:58 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:57 am
So the Oirish have jumped on the European bandwagon of banning the AZN vaccine on the grounds of coagulation/blood clot reports on people who have been vaccinated. There are 22 reports of blood clots in Scandinavian countries versus hundreds of thousands of doses given. There have been 11m administered in the UK.

If you get covid, and you are over 80, there is a 20% chance of death and one of those reasons for death is the blood clots the virus can cause. I know which odds I prefer. In any case, there is no proof of a link to vaccines. People get blood clots all the time, without medication.

I do wish the Europeans would stop playing vaccine games, it does no one any good.
My dear Nutty what you have to consider is that we here on the lovely Emerald Isle have the most corrupt, incompetent, nest feathering, lying, cheating, shitbag politicians in the entire world. In terms of corruption your Tories would be considered amateurs compared to both parties over here. Bob Geldof nailed it in the early eighties when he sang about Oireland being a banana republic. Nothing has changed.

We have a health minister that looks like a bald ginger egg that randomly changes what he says every couple of days, a prime minister that is utterly clueless and has the leadership abilities of the offspring of a wet fart and a spurs captain, and a minister for education that looks like a fucking school teacher from the 1970s and has just sent 350,000 kids back to overcrowded schools that do not have proper social distancing facilities just to prove she can "cut it in a mans world". :censored:
Very disappointed to read this - I always taut dare was more to Oireland dun dis

I suppose you will pay the price for being fussy eaters though........

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Mixing metaphors here but some are peddling forward whilst others are rowing backwards and the consequence is looking stupid and going nowhere.

Midz

Post by Midz »

duplicate post

so here's a picture of my dog

https://kb.rspca.org.au/wp-content/uplo ... puppy.jpeg
Last edited by Midz on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I had the AZN vaccine and I'm looking forward to getting the 2nd shot (of the same stuff) in the near future.

I hate the pond scum that are trying to discredit the British (because they're jealous and want Europe to buy a non British one). Fuck them!!

There's as much chance of getting a clot from the vaccine as sprouting a fanny from your forehead.

Fucking assholes!!

augie

Post by augie »

Sick of the whole thing. Sick of the government and nephet c.unts who are playing a "lets hide behind the couch" lockdown bull.shit policy. Sick of the corruption in the distribution process which is fcuking rampant over here. Sick of public sector c.unts like the teachers who refused to go back to work when told, and were allowed stay home on full pay regardless, and who now are outraged because they are not being bumped up the priority vaccination list on the basis of their occupation - there are people who have worked on the frontline in everyday jobs throughout this pandemic, and teachers who have worked less than half of what these people have feel that they should get priority over them ?? Get the fcuk ye c.unts :evil:
And finally I am sick to the nuts of the way kids and especially outdoor kids sports have been treated - generally accepted by all the experts to be low risk, they have been shutdown over here for months now but in recent weeks many ministers spoke publicly about the need to open up sport for the kids when next weeks new restrictions period starts, but yesterday evening they announced that it would continue to be looked down for another 3 weeks where there will be no training or any club activity :evil: :evil: Off Licence's continue to be classed as essential, whilst barbers/hairdressers, clothes shops and shoe shops arent :roll: :roll:

Shower of c.unts :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

And....he's back in the room.

That been festering for some time mate?

:tickedoff: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm

I am so fcuked off at this stage, but the number of people that have lost all patience over here is growing at a rapid rate. People are selfishly racing to get themselves the vaccine regardless of anyone else - I am 51 years of age and while covid could kill me, I am nowhere near a high priority and wouldnt dream of looking for the vaccine when there are far more important cases out there. I dont understand why people are in a rush to get it if they dont have underlying conditions - the country wont magically open back up as soon as I get the vaccine, and even after getting the vaccine I can still get covid and pass it on to other people, so this feeling of vaccine entitlement that is so rife amongst the general public that it disgusts me

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:58 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:57 am
So the Oirish have jumped on the European bandwagon of banning the AZN vaccine on the grounds of coagulation/blood clot reports on people who have been vaccinated. There are 22 reports of blood clots in Scandinavian countries versus hundreds of thousands of doses given. There have been 11m administered in the UK.

If you get covid, and you are over 80, there is a 20% chance of death and one of those reasons for death is the blood clots the virus can cause. I know which odds I prefer. In any case, there is no proof of a link to vaccines. People get blood clots all the time, without medication.

I do wish the Europeans would stop playing vaccine games, it does no one any good.
My dear Nutty what you have to consider is that we here on the lovely Emerald Isle have the most corrupt, incompetent, nest feathering, lying, cheating, shitbag politicians in the entire world. In terms of corruption your Tories would be considered amateurs compared to both parties over here. Bob Geldof nailed it in the early eighties when he sang about Oireland being a banana republic. Nothing has changed.

We have a health minister that looks like a bald ginger egg that randomly changes what he says every couple of days, a prime minister that is utterly clueless and has the leadership abilities of the offspring of a wet fart and a spurs captain, and a minister for education that looks like a fucking school teacher from the 1970s and has just sent 350,000 kids back to overcrowded schools that do not have proper social distancing facilities just to prove she can "cut it in a mans world". :censored:
Very disappointed to read this - I always taut dare was more to Oireland dun dis

I suppose you will pay the price for being fussy eaters though........
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 pm
Sick of the whole thing. Sick of the government and nephet c.unts who are playing a "lets hide behind the couch" lockdown bull.shit policy. Sick of the corruption in the distribution process which is fcuking rampant over here. Sick of public sector c.unts like the teachers who refused to go back to work when told, and were allowed stay home on full pay regardless, and who now are outraged because they are not being bumped up the priority vaccination list on the basis of their occupation - there are people who have worked on the frontline in everyday jobs throughout this pandemic, and teachers who have worked less than half of what these people have feel that they should get priority over them ?? Get the fcuk ye c.unts :evil:
And finally I am sick to the nuts of the way kids and especially outdoor kids sports have been treated - generally accepted by all the experts to be low risk, they have been shutdown over here for months now but in recent weeks many ministers spoke publicly about the need to open up sport for the kids when next weeks new restrictions period starts, but yesterday evening they announced that it would continue to be looked down for another 3 weeks where there will be no training or any club activity :evil: :evil: Off Licence's continue to be classed as essential, whilst barbers/hairdressers, clothes shops and shoe shops arent :roll: :roll:

Shower of c.unts :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:
Sorry, but what teachers are refusing to go back to work? They never stopped working. Same with the entire public service. They worked throughout this pandemic. Its the private sector that are sitting at home picking up their PUP payments. And who do you think processes all those PUP payments? The public sector employees. You need to stop reading that fucking gash rag the Sun augie and get your facts right. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm

I am so fcuked off at this stage, but the number of people that have lost all patience over here is growing at a rapid rate. People are selfishly racing to get themselves the vaccine regardless of anyone else - I am 51 years of age and while covid could kill me, I am nowhere near a high priority and wouldnt dream of looking for the vaccine when there are far more important cases out there. I dont understand why people are in a rush to get it if they dont have underlying conditions - the country wont magically open back up as soon as I get the vaccine, and even after getting the vaccine I can still get covid and pass it on to other people, so this feeling of vaccine entitlement that is so rife amongst the general public that it disgusts me
Its happening here too. I know people in their 30s who have been done already as they've loosely called themselves a 'carer' for a vulnerable person. My wife's sister is an absolutely selfish c.unt of the highest order and was done long before her age group came up. She declared herself as working in the care sector which is true when you look at her employer, but she's an HR assistant who has worked from home for more than a year.

I feel the same - I'm 48, and thankfully in decent health. There are thousands of people more in need than I am. Sadly though in this day age its "me me me" as was seen from the cretinous panic buying in the early days of the pandemic. We went from #bekind to #fuckyou in a heartbeat

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Still have fingers crossed, Butlins Minehead 17th May!
Alcudia 4th August!
Might book a couple of nites in London too, just me and the missus :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:19 am
Alcudia 4th August!
I hope you're right mate, truly. I get the impression we have a bunch of people in charge who are almost waiting for one of the stats to go the wrong way to extend lockdown forever. We booked a Friday night at Newmarket at the end of June only a few weeks ago, and now heard that 'as a precaution' it has been pushed back to August......fuck me. Less deaths last week than the norm for this time of year, last weekend not a single COVID death in London, and now just over 4,000 people in hospital with COVID as opposed to 30,000+ at the peak. How more cautious do we need to be????

Haven't booked a holiday this year as I fear the worst i.e. the 'be cautious' brigade rip up the June deadline and push it back another six months just because someone from South America sneezed when they got off the plane.

31m+ people vaccinated, so almost everyone in the top 9 categories that accounted for 99% of the deaths......but 'be cautious' ??!!!

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:19 am
Alcudia 4th August!
I hope you're right mate, truly. I get the impression we have a bunch of people in charge who are almost waiting for one of the stats to go the wrong way to extend lockdown forever. We booked a Friday night at Newmarket at the end of June only a few weeks ago, and now heard that 'as a precaution' it has been pushed back to August......fuck me. Less deaths last week than the norm for this time of year, last weekend not a single COVID death in London, and now just over 4,000 people in hospital with COVID as opposed to 30,000+ at the peak. How more cautious do we need to be????

Haven't booked a holiday this year as I fear the worst i.e. the 'be cautious' brigade rip up the June deadline and push it back another six months just because someone from South America sneezed when they got off the plane.

31m+ people vaccinated, so almost everyone in the top 9 categories that accounted for 99% of the deaths......but 'be cautious' ??!!!

Same as over here then - they continually changing the parameters to justify lockdowns, and then like to label anyone who questions them as selfish and reckless and dont give a fcuk about others :evil: Early in the pandemic we were told that it was all about getting the R rate down below 1, and then when that was achieved they changed the target and dismissed the R rate progress until of course it went back up again and was classed as important again :roll: Another justification was the effect the pandemic was having on our health service and how our hospitals were fulled to the rafters - now our hospitals covid numbers are way down and yet we have seen no positivity from the authorities and no loosening of restrictions :evil: From day one we were told that the high risk was the elderly and the vulnerable, and that for the vast, vast majority of the population, covid would be just like a flu - most of those categories have got at least one shot of the vaccine right now, and we are being told that the amount of cases amongst the younger generation is rising, but isnt that the age grouping that are supposed to be at least risk of serious illness ? Havent they told us all along that younger people will be in a better position to fight the effects of covid, so doesnt that in turn explain why the number of cases are still fairly high, but the impact of the health services and hospitals is in a steady decline ? As I said all along, vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable and then open up the fcuking country and the rest of us can live and get vaccinated as we go along

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Today's death tally the lowest since mid-September

Still - must be cautious. A few people met in a few parks so I'm sure that's the excuse needed to push back the easing of restrictions.

The new favourite "we're not safe till everyone's safe" - well surely if every visitor had to quarantine for 10 days as was the case in Australia and NZ since the start, coupled with everyone being vaccinated by June......then....?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:13 pm
Today's death tally the lowest since mid-September

Still - must be cautious. A few people met in a few parks so I'm sure that's the excuse needed to push back the easing of restrictions.

The new favourite "we're not safe till everyone's safe" - well surely if every visitor had to quarantine for 10 days as was the case in Australia and NZ since the start, coupled with everyone being vaccinated by June......then....?

These fcukwits running our country this week launched our compulsary quarantine for 2 weeks if you are flying in from one of the 33 countries currently on the list - amusing fact that only 2 of the 33 countries listed fly direct into Ireland, so thousands could be starting their journey from one of those other 31 countries only to then change to a connecting flight in germany (for example) and the simple c.unts over here would be none the wiser :lol: :lol: Amusing fact number 2 is that this compulsary quarantine must be in specific hotels and this will cost the individual concerned €1800 which must be paid in advance - the Irish army have been awoken from their permanent state of slumber to ensure compliance at these holidays, but today came the big kicker in this grand plan ......... neither the army nor the cops have the legal power to enforce this quarantine :lol: :lol: