CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:48 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:16 am
I'm in the next tier down (45-49) so was able to go online and book both jabs this morning - brilliantly efficient process I have to say. First jab this Friday. Hoping that lots of people take up the option - in many ways this is the real test now, as most over 50s (90% I believe) have stepped forward and had their jabs, whilst I expect as it gets rolled down to the younger 'invincible' age groups there will be less take up
Same here - I’m getting the jab today.
Very good easy to use system. Credit where it is due - this country is doing a great job rolling out the vaccine.

South African variant remains a concern with cases found in south London.
More of a problem though I think will be if the Brazil variant finds it way here.
The one I’m looking at is India where it finally seems to have blown up - 185,000 cases yesterday.
If it mutates in India expect problems - otherwise I think the vaccines will probably be the route out of all this.

Vaccines were always gonna be the route out of this - world health organisation have been very clear from the outset that lockdowns will not work, and only gormless pricks and useless government c.unts thought that they would :roll: Pulling the curtains and hiding behind the sofa does not make the problem go away :oops:

Of course everything was always goona depend on the effectiveness and safety of the vaccines
I would love us to send over some vaccines for the Irish. But I am not sure that you guys will take AZN now your European cousins have trashed it out of sight. Given there is supposed to be a seamless border between North and South, it makes medical sense to get the ROI fully vaccinated ASAP.

Already got a few days in the pub planned for May, would be nice to get out of the concrete jungle that is North London and head towards a nice country pub for a Sunday Roast.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 am
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
I'm in the next tier down (45-49) so was able to go online and book both jabs this morning - brilliantly efficient process I have to say. First jab this Friday. Hoping that lots of people take up the option - in many ways this is the real test now, as most over 50s (90% I believe) have stepped forward and had their jabs, whilst I expect as it gets rolled down to the younger 'invincible' age groups there will be less take up
Very good easy to use system. Credit where it is due - this country is doing a great job rolling out the vaccine.

More of a problem though I think will be if the Brazil variant finds it way here.
The one I’m looking at is India where it finally seems to have blown up - 185,000 cases yesterday.
If it mutates in India expect problems - otherwise I think the vaccines will probably be the route out of all this.

Vaccines were always gonna be the route out of this - world health organisation have been very clear from the outset that lockdowns will not work, and only gormless pricks and useless government c.unts thought that they would :roll: Pulling the curtains and hiding behind the sofa does not make the problem go away :oops:

Of course everything was always goona depend on the effectiveness and safety of the vaccines
I would love us to send over some vaccines for the Irish. But I am not sure that you guys will take AZN now your European cousins have trashed it out of sight. Given there is supposed to be a seamless border between North and South, it makes medical sense to get the ROI fully vaccinated ASAP.

Already got a few days in the pub planned for May, would be nice to get out of the concrete jungle that is North London and head towards a nice country pub for a Sunday Roast.

The whole hulabalu over the azn would do your head in - I dunno if it is safe or not, and from day one I expressed concerns over rushing through these vaccines, but the latest comments coming out is that they are less risky that the contraceptive pill (not likely to affect me :lol: ). Originally over here they said that they wouldnt give the azn to anyone over 70, then a couple of weeks ago they said that they werent gonna give it to anyone under 30, and now they decided that they not gonna give it to anyone under 60 - I'd say if you were between the age of 60 and 70 you would be shitting yourself now :lol: :lol:
I asked the wife yesterday if she would trust it enough to take it, and she said that she would absolutely take it if offered to her in the morning (she is 50 in few weeks).As I said in the past, I will take it when my time comes, but only cos I will need to have taken it to be allowed go anywhere cos there is a perception that taking it will make me less of a threat :roll: Seeing as it wont stop me catching covid, wont stop me carrying covid, and wont stop me transmitting covid to another person, I'm not sure why these vaccines are seen as game changers :? I am convinced that we will have significant covid numbers for years to come -who or what will we blame for the numbers being at that level then, and will our numpties still expect to be allowed to lock us down ?

augie

Post by augie »

Btw, this notion that we were gonna get some vaccines from the uk was absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing imo - if I was living in the uk and they were sending our own supplies to other countries before all of our own citizens were fully (2 shots) vaccinated, then I would be seriously pissed off.
If an english company were selling them abroad, then that is a different story

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 am
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

The whole hulabalu over the azn would do your head in - I dunno if it is safe or not, and from day one I expressed concerns over rushing through these vaccines, but the latest comments coming out is that they are less risky that the contraceptive pill (not likely to affect me :lol: ). Originally over here they said that they wouldnt give the azn to anyone over 70, then a couple of weeks ago they said that they werent gonna give it to anyone under 30, and now they decided that they not gonna give it to anyone under 60 - I'd say if you were between the age of 60 and 70 you would be shitting yourself now :lol: :lol:
I asked the wife yesterday if she would trust it enough to take it, and she said that she would absolutely take it if offered to her in the morning (she is 50 in few weeks).As I said in the past, I will take it when my time comes, but only cos I will need to have taken it to be allowed go anywhere cos there is a perception that taking it will make me less of a threat :roll: Seeing as it wont stop me catching covid, wont stop me carrying covid, and wont stop me transmitting covid to another person, I'm not sure why these vaccines are seen as game changers :? I am convinced that we will have significant covid numbers for years to come -who or what will we blame for the numbers being at that level then, and will our numpties still expect to be allowed to lock us down ?
You stand more chance of getting blood clots from the Pill than the AZN, that's the way I look at it. And the risk of death from full blown COVID is much higher as you get older of course.

With regards to lockdowns, they certainly have worked in the UK. The infection rates currently are lower than most other countries in Western Europe when in January they where amongst the highest in the world. The vaccine has had some impact but so has the lockdown no doubt.

https://imgur.com/EGqshuC

Edit I have never figured how to embed images/videos on a forum but the link works!

nut flush gooner

Just heard there's been an outbreak in Finchley up the road from here, of the SA variant. Surge testing being deployed. When I see all those twats in Soho the other night, you just know any complacency and it could go tits up again.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

What is it with Londoners?

all the scenes from the weekend of re-openings, chaos, the virus will just kick off again. in london the photos seem to be of under 30's.

self entitled *word censored*

actually not just londoners or under 30's. was driving home past a few pubs on friday and outside spaces rammed oin the pubs i passed.

i simply just dont understand the attitude that someone must go to the pub as soon as its open. seriously how can it be that important. yes id like to go with my mates or the misses at some point, but i'm not desperate to do it and pile in at first opportunity.

mindset of so many people is fucked.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm

all the scenes from the weekend of re-openings, chaos, the virus will just kick off again. in london the photos seem to be of under 30's.

actually not just londoners or under 30's. was driving home past a few pubs on friday and outside spaces rammed oin the pubs i passed.

i simply just dont understand the attitude that someone must go to the pub as soon as its open. seriously how can it be that important. yes id like to go with my mates or the misses at some point, but i'm not desperate to do it and pile in at first opportunity.

Well they haven’t been able to post on Twitter or Facebook a picture of their dinner for quite a while now, so I can understand the stampede... :roll: :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Pick any big city across the UK and it's the same mate. Just the cameras like focusing on places like Central London, and don't have far to go.

In other news, Second Jab sorted. Had an achy arm and felt knackered yesterday, but back to normal today. 2 weeks on Sunday should have optimal immunity. I quite fancy having an antibody test in May/June to see if the Vaccine has worked.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

April 26th second jab should be ok for May 17th .At least as good as it‘a going to get

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Nut Flush you said that you had a reaction to your second jab . Did you have one on your first ? because I had no reaction at all . Oxford /AZ.

augie

Post by augie »

From Monday we are lifting the ban on all underage sport as kids can resume non contact training in small pods - the funny thing is that a lot of the kids who play in League Of Ireland Academy teams (top level in Ireland) will still not be able to train because of a ban prohibiting travel outside your own county :evil: There are 26 counties in Republic of Ireland and TEN of them dont have a League of Ireland club either for adult or kids, so obviously the better kids from those counties have to travel if they want to play at the highest level for their age group in this country - there are kids who play international football for their age group over here, and they have been shutdown and cant travel either :roll: My youngest (not an international) lives in one of those counties that have no League Of Ireland team for him and he was travelling to Dublin to play with a club up there, and he is beyond pissed that he is being stopped training and playing now after a 5 month nationwide no sport ban

Really is ridiculous and is a prime example of the type of bulls.hit that the c.unts in power have been forcing on the people for months :censored: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:52 am
From Monday we are lifting the ban on all underage sport as kids can resume non contact training in small pods - the funny thing is that a lot of the kids who play in League Of Ireland Academy teams (top level in Ireland) will still not be able to train because of a ban prohibiting travel outside your own county :evil: There are 26 counties in Republic of Ireland and TEN of them dont have a League of Ireland club either for adult or kids, so obviously the better kids from those counties have to travel if they want to play at the highest level for their age group in this country - there are kids who play international football for their age group over here, and they have been shutdown and cant travel either :roll: My youngest (not an international) lives in one of those counties that have no League Of Ireland team for him and he was travelling to Dublin to play with a club up there, and he is beyond pissed that he is being stopped training and playing now after a 5 month nationwide no sport ban

Really is ridiculous and is a prime example of the type of bulls.hit that the c.unts in power have been forcing on the people for months :censored: :censored:
First World problem augster. People are dying. Be thankful you and yours are healthy.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:38 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:52 am

First World problem augster. People are dying. Be thankful you and yours are healthy.

So until people stop dying, everything should be on hold ? Nobody is looking for treatment above what other kids are getting - just looking to be able to train like the rest of them are

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I see the nutters have been out protesting in central London again.
What is the matter with these people?

John F

Post by John F »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 am
Nut Flush you said that you had a reaction to your second jab . Did you have one on your first ? because I had no reaction at all . Oxford /AZ.
I am hearing from my customers who have had the second Jab that those who had no reaction to the first suffered a bit on the second for a day or so.I was told that because my family had covid we would get a reaction to the first something to do with the immune system reacting quicker .My wife did but I got away with it on the Oxford first jab.My in laws were ok with the first but reacted to the second but nothing serious.