CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

All government letters seem to arrive on a Friday so that you have the weekend to stew and get used to the ideas
I think civil servants are told to clear their desks on Thursday night so that they can go to the pub for lunch on Friday :fishing:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

1k deaths in the UK now, with things out of control in the US.

Staggering that Donald Trump makes us out to be desperate for ventilators when our manufacturers have got their feet to the floor, to get these machines out asap. I would be very worried if I lived in the US, as tango man was in denial for weeks, now the shit is hitting the fan big time.

Stay safe everyone.

John F

Post by John F »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi all. Plea for help. I am one of the self-employed who will not be getting any assistance from the Government because I am 'unfortunate' to have started Self-Employment in the last year. There is no reason for this. 2019/20 returns can be done in a couple of weeks to prove earnings. They are also removing the penalties and giving an extra 4 weeks to anyone who is late and couldn't be bothered to submit their 2018/19 figures in January. So they can work their figures out, no problem, but not ours!
I have started a petition on Change.org and ask you all to sign and SHARE with as many as possible. Much appreciated to anyone who helps and keep safe everyone.

Please follow the link: http://chng.it/hzx9Jj7q
Just signed it tux .I am really sorry to hear about your situation.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

John F wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:18 pm
goonertux wrote:
Hi all. Plea for help. I am one of the self-employed who will not be getting any assistance from the Government because I am 'unfortunate' to have started Self-Employment in the last year. There is no reason for this. 2019/20 returns can be done in a couple of weeks to prove earnings. They are also removing the penalties and giving an extra 4 weeks to anyone who is late and couldn't be bothered to submit their 2018/19 figures in January. So they can work their figures out, no problem, but not ours!
I have started a petition on Change.org and ask you all to sign and SHARE with as many as possible. Much appreciated to anyone who helps and keep safe everyone.

Thanks John. Every little helps. And I’m not sure if everyone has done it correctly so their signing registers. It’s had 450 views but only 100 signings? I can’t believe that many would look at it and think “Nah, can’t be bothered”. I think maybe some people stop when it starts to ask for a voluntary contribution, unfortunately just before the signing section. Oh well. If anyone else reads this, please help.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm
John F wrote:
goonertux wrote:

Thanks John. Every little helps. And I’m not sure if everyone has done it correctly so their signing registers. It’s had 450 views but only 100 signings? I can’t believe that many would look at it and think “Nah, can’t be bothered”. I think maybe some people stop when it starts to ask for a voluntary contribution, unfortunately just before the signing section. Oh well. If anyone else reads this, please help.
I’ve signed up too mate, hope it help

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Thanks to all who’ve signed. Also, please share as best you can. Much appreciated.

NickF

Post by NickF »

I see Eire have started to take things seriously now Conor McGregor has started speaking out. :)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:55 pm
1k deaths in the UK now, with things out of control in the US.

Staggering that Donald Trump makes us out to be desperate for ventilators when our manufacturers have got their feet to the floor, to get these machines out asap. I would be very worried if I lived in the US, as tango man was in denial for weeks, now the shit is hitting the fan big time.

Stay safe everyone.
Not defending Trump here but the states didn't want Federal interference initially but now the shit is hitting the fan it is suddenly Federal responsibility........ Same old States rights and anti-centralised governement interference until it all goes wrong over the pond :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:24 pm
Thanks to all who’ve signed. Also, please share as best you can. Much appreciated.
Signed mate, I have been helping neighbours go through the financial measures and understand how it affects them. It seems bizarre that the Govt won't offer support for newly self employed. Even more bizarre that they are allowing others with more than one-year trading records to submit a late tax return, and then get financial assistance!

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm
John F wrote:
goonertux wrote:

I signed it there now but it said that it only has 85 signitures so far :?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

NickF wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm
I see Eire have started to take things seriously now Conor McGregor has started speaking out. :)
Yes , in fairness a lot of the reaction has been negative towards him.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Wheres DB, is he still ok or just lying low.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am
NickF wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm
Yes , in fairness a lot of the reaction has been negative towards him.
I know it needs to be done to slow it down but this feels pointless until a vaccine is produced

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:38 am
Hi buddy I'm ok. Just been busy trying to get my project team set up to work from home.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:38 am
Hi buddy I'm ok. Just been busy trying to get my project team set up to work from home.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Good to hear you're ok mate, all this time indoors is driving me nuts although I have woods and a river outside the door so luckier than a lot.

Still me and the missus have divorced and made up 55 times already. :lol: