CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:53 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:20 pm
I see Boris is allowing 60,000 into Wembley for the semi-final and final of the Euros. But you cant have 30 at a wedding.

It's ok lets not blame the government for creating another high risk environment, its down to the thousands of football fans that will turn up.

:barscarf: :barscarf:
It’s more likely it’s down to EUFA and their big corporate sponsors.

I don’t need anyone advising me that mixing with hundreds or thousands of people, whether it be at an airport, hotel, stadium, train, is taking a risk.

UK Government could have said NO :rubchin:

For most of us it is high time the countries opened back up properly - for over 12 months we were told that we had to be patient and wait for the vaccines and that is what we have done. All along the governments and health authorities have acknowledged that the vaccines will NOT stop the spread of the virus but will lessen the effects of it, so why then is everyone having a meltdown cos of the numbers rising again ? There are going to be peaks and troughs with this disease so accept it and move along instead of scaremongering and spreading panic to people who have been through enough.

Re the uefa final's decision, the uk government cannot have double standards - if they are willing to let a near capacity attendance at wembley for those games, then they need to take the shackles off for uk residents in everyday life

What constitutes every day life ?

I have worked through all of “lockdown” all be it from home for the majority of the time.
I have been to the supermarket every week to buy food shopping, I wear a mask and spray my hands and trolley with the gel provided, I do the scan as you go option and just pay at the end.

I have this week been away on the Norfolk coast, ate in cafe and pub with no hassle - table service, tap your card to pay, all very efficient.

The only things that I can’t yet do that used to do is see a band in a pub, or go to a proper gig or a football match at a a stadium.

But I agree Augie that allowing 60,000 people in close proximity is madness and is certainly double standards
If a footballer can get it, who is regularly tested and supposedly in a secure bubble with strict hygiene protocol then this virus is going to get quite a few of the 60,000 singing, shouting, spitting all over each other.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

140,000 being allowed for British Grand Prix, but yet I can’t stand at the bar in a pub…. :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:35 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Boris fucked up certainly by not closing the Border however the fucking idiots going to and from India in the first place didn't fucking help.... jesus wept not exactly responsible human beings are they, oh look there is a massive outbreak of a new variant of a deadly disease, i'll just go visit friends and family there :roll:

Every time we've had a wave hit it is because of individual irresponsibility, its a virus it passes via contact >>>> stop contacts virus doesn't pass on, its not bloody rocket science. If you have to come in to contact with others follow the advice which is pretty much the same world wide, variants on hands, face, space.

I went back to work on 1 Jul last year, since then the vast majority of our staff have come back to work with the exception of 1 or 2 of the Administrators who can just as well work from home, we are a small business of approximately 30 or so people including the part time staff, not one of us has been diagnosed with Covid 19, we haven't had a single days work lost due to self isolation..... believe you me it isn't that hard if you follow the guidance instead of rail against or deliberately misinterpret it :banghead:
Very well put Muzz.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Some people want to turn it into political point scoring but regardless of whether the government did this or didn't do that if Joe Public just did the obvious things, as all responsible people should, then the situation wouldn't be half as bad as it is.

Just because you could fly to the sub continent doesn't mean you should have.

It really is as simple as that.
Sort of agree Clummo, but what is obvious is there are a lot of people out there who wont adhere to sensible actions.....they need controls in place

The PMs job as a leader, with the first duty being is to protect its citizens

over half a million cases in India and we was still getting flights coming in.....thats unforgivable....he will feel the affect at the next election

Germany , Italy, France and Spain have around a thousand cases we have around 16,000

We at least need to implement stringent quarantine measures and full testing

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Yeah mate, I'm not saying that's how it would ever be I'm simply stating that's how simple it is.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The southern states of Europe want the British pound and are quite possibly going to resist Macron and Merkel's calls to ban brits auspiciously until the Indian variant is under control .
With their free movement I wonder if this is just another attempt to ensure that they dominate the deckchairs.

We can have as many countries as we like on the green list as the clamour for trips abroad rises , however Europes antithapy to welcoming us and the prices being screwed by Ryanair and Easy Jet plus the required testing will preclude most people from going anyway.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:09 pm
140,000 being allowed for British Grand Prix, but yet I can’t stand at the bar in a pub…. :rubchin:
That's because you got banned GR for calling the barman a tosser - Or don't you remember!? :D :wink: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Silverstone is over 450 acres in size thats 19 million plus square feet.The track is 3 miles. Whilst I agree the crowd is too large at least they won't all be in the same grandstand but scattered around the circuit.
Apples and oranges.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Hancock has to go for his affair. If BOJO stands by him (pot kettle) hes damaging his re-election chances.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 am
Silverstone is over 450 acres in size thats 19 million plus square feet.The track is 3 miles. Whilst I agree the crowd is too large at least they won't all be in the same grandstand but scattered around the circuit.
Apples and oranges.
Silverstone is all outdoors, people bring their own food/buy stuff from the venue and generally don't go to pubs in local towns etc.

Wembley is different gravy. 60,000 football fans, if it's England congregating in Central London pubs, mainly around Baker Street. Cramming onto the Jubilee/Met/Overground services into Wembley. Plus all the pubs/restaurants around Wembley rammed before and after the game.

Transmission happens mainly indoors, so Wembley despite the smaller crowds will carry a much greater risk of being a super spreading event. They will be tested before, but it's not 100% foolproof.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

And good old Matt Hancock, the latest politician to break the rules but Boris still won't fire him. But of course, the people are expected to do as they are told.

Some quality piss takes going round on Social Media.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:47 pm
Hancock has to go for his affair. If BOJO stands by him (pot kettle) hes damaging his re-election chances.
Why does he need to go ?
He has only had one affair - Boris has had several.

And the Tories wll win the next election whatever they do.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder if one of the side-affects of the Vaccines is Insomnia - I've never had it so bad in all my friggin life. :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:30 am
I wonder if one of the side-affects of the Vaccines is Insomnia - I've never had it so bad in all my friggin life. :cry:
Arteta is a cure for insomnia. Just put the 2020/21 Season Review on your TV. :D

marka123

Post by marka123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:17 pm
And good old Matt Hancock, the latest politician to break the rules but Boris still won't fire him. But of course, the people are expected to do as they are told.

Some quality piss takes going round on Social Media.
IMG-20210625-WA0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:25 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:30 am
Arteta is a cure for insomnia. Just put the 2020/21 Season Review on your TV. :D

Tends to make me more angry than tired though mate.

CluelessCUNT is Arteta and we are stuck with him. :cry: