CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Getting it tomorrow , So I will let you know after. Mind you the way my body is packing up I'm not sure that I will notice the difference.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm
What is it with Londoners?

all the scenes from the weekend of re-openings, chaos, the virus will just kick off again. in london the photos seem to be of under 30's.

self entitled *word censored*

actually not just londoners or under 30's. was driving home past a few pubs on friday and outside spaces rammed oin the pubs i passed.

i simply just dont understand the attitude that someone must go to the pub as soon as its open. seriously how can it be that important. yes id like to go with my mates or the misses at some point, but i'm not desperate to do it and pile in at first opportunity.

mindset of so many people is fucked.
Thankfully there's still some of us with hair in funny places who see more to life than sitting in a shivering fucking cold shitty pub yard or car park, holding a freezing cold pint whilst its 2 degrees. That last deadline of 12 April meant fuck all to me other than getting a legal haircut - couldn't think of anything worse than crowding together with a load of social media hungry c.unts all updating their instagram outside some pikey boozer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

In Oireland we have/had(?) some religious day thing called "good friday" or "black friday" or something where the pubs were closed that day. It used to be hilarious watching people in their local supermarket buying 10 cases of beer on the Thursday evening like they would die if they couldn't get a beer on the Friday ffs. :roll: :lol: And a lot of these people would normally not go out on a Friday anyway!

Yes I am a Catholic but I'm very much what our religious nutjobs here would call "fallen". :wink:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Yes I am a Catholic but I'm very much what our religious nutjobs here would call "fallen". :wink:
[/quote]

is that the same as a prolapsed one ? :shock: :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 am
Nut Flush you said that you had a reaction to your second jab . Did you have one on your first ? because I had no reaction at all . Oxford /AZ.
No mate, I was expecting a reaction. But all that happened was I got an achy arm, and that didn't even hurt.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Myself and all my colleagues - working on the front line - were given our First (Pfizer) Jab in February and the second one was supposed to be 12 weeks later, but we all had the call to get the second one 6 weeks later.

Nearly all had a bruised feeling in the upper arm and bit of discomfort for 2 - 4 days, some people had a flu-symptoms - like reaction after the first, some nothing at all - whilst some had the flu-like reaction when they had the second one and those who had a reaction with the fist jab were fine at the 2nd.

More or less everyone in the office has reported Feeling Incredibly Tired for a week or so.

:|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sounds like it's different strokes for different folks, I'm about 2 hours away from it so we will see.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The queues etc are all incredibly well organised - It takes 5 mins for the chat with the nurse, s/he gives you the Jab and your ickle sticker and proof you've had the jab - then 15 minutes sitting down (abiding by Social Distancing) to ensure no one feints or dies - Then off you jolly well go!
Good Luck AM :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 pm
Sounds like it's different strokes for different folks,
What you talking about Willis ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:17 am
is that the same as a prolapsed one ? :shock: :D
:lol: :lol:

:shock:

Yes. Yes, it is. :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

who had a reaction with the fist jab
Bard......I guess you get one of those if you don’t pay your NI contributions!!?? :shock: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Duplicate
Last edited by A11M11 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

All done and dusted, just a slight headache. 3 weeks to go.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Now down to 1,500 people in hospital in the UK, and 22m people live in areas that have reported zero COVID deaths in the month of April (as opposed to only 50,000 people in that category in January). Vaccine now open to all over 40s in England and Wales, over 35s in NI, over 45s in Scotland. 34m first vaccines given, no spike in infections since parts 1 and 2 of the roadmap to reopening.......

Get on with it and open the rest please

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Going well isn't it.