CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by BobbyPires7 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:53 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.
Take a negative test before you go.
Quarantine on return for 10 days and test negative on days 2 and 10.

Clear these characters didn’t follow any of it!

I don’t personally know anyone that has gone anywhere other than green list countries. Everyone else has holidayed in the UK. Take a look at any booking website and the UK holiday destinations are full…. Full of responsible individuals taking the safer choice. Basically the backbone of Britain. The sensible lot that have followed the rules in the main.

As I say. We live in a victim culture. Always someone else’s fault. Take some responsibility some time. The country may get rid of this wokery if we did.
Read the article, its quite simple to comprehend.
Advised not to travel. Easy enough for you?

The end. :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:55 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:53 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.

I don’t personally know anyone that has gone anywhere other than green list countries. Everyone else has holidayed in the UK. Take a look at any booking website and the UK holiday destinations are full…. Full of responsible individuals taking the safer choice. Basically the backbone of Britain. The sensible lot that have followed the rules in the main.

As I say. We live in a victim culture. Always someone else’s fault. Take some responsibility some time. The country may get rid of this wokery if we did.
Read the article, its quite simple to comprehend.
Advised not to travel. Easy enough for you?

The end. :banghead:
That guidance came in May, I have already covered it in my original reply. The last time I checked April came before May.

:) :) :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think you’ve been living on the moon pal. :lol:
Before the traffic light system no one was supposed to be travelling ANYWHERE unless for business or compassionate grounds. When the traffic light system came in India was Amber which was not a place you were advised to go to. At NO point has it been fine to travel to the sub-continent since Covid started. NEVER. You can quote as many articles as you like. I’m surprised they get newspapers on the moon to be honest. :lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I had a family holiday to Majorca booked for June 2020. (Booked 10 months previously before any hint of a pandemic)

As soon as the infection numbers started climbing dramatically in Spain and it's islands I cancelled the holiday. I did this before any travel corridors were in place and certainly before any traffic light system was introduced. I could still fly to the Balearics at that time and fly home again without having to isolate. It was a good 6 weeks later that Majorca became a no go.

Nobody needed to tell me to do this, I didn't even require guidance. I am an intelligent and resposible person. I could weigh up the possible risks and make my own informed decision.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:29 pm
very good comments Nutflush - too many people just can't face up to the fact that Boris is solely to blame here.
thats like saying the police were solely to blame for hillsborough, no blame on the ticketless scum pushing to get in who actually caused the crush...
Great comparison. 8)

Rob your continual stance of laying ALL the blame at one man's door is frankly laughable. :lol:
You just can’t handle the truth - I’m currently watching a packed crowd at the Denmark game.
That could and should be Wembley tomorrow night. The reason it is not is because of the decisions made by Boris Johnson, no one else. We vaccinated the country faster than any other country in Europe, but blew it all by letting a new variant into the country.

Now that is laughable.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.

Yes you are correct the sensible lot have followed the rules.
But there is a minority of people in the country who will always break the rules which is why a country needs strong leadership.

Similarly there are a minority of people in the country who are murderers and rapists. Now going by your logic we should just all act sensibly. So you are suggesting that we don’t need any police either?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:41 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:29 pm
very good comments Nutflush - too many people just can't face up to the fact that Boris is solely to blame here.
thats like saying the police were solely to blame for hillsborough, no blame on the ticketless scum pushing to get in who actually caused the crush...
Great comparison. 8)

Rob your continual stance of laying ALL the blame at one man's door is frankly laughable. :lol:
You just can’t handle the truth - I’m currently watching a packed crowd at the Denmark game.
That could and should be Wembley tomorrow night. The reason it is not is because of the decisions made by Boris Johnson, no one else. We vaccinated the country faster than any other country in Europe, but blew it all by letting a new variant into the country.

Now that is laughable.
What are you talking about I can't handle the truth? You make me sound like I'm a Boris fanboy! :lol:

I couldn't give a shit who runs the country, they all do some good which is offset with some bad.

Who was behind vaccinating the country faster than any other country in Europe? Boris Johnson? :roll:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:50 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Amber List Travel.

Advised not to travel.

Yes you are correct the sensible lot have followed the rules.
But there is a minority of people in the country who will always break the rules which is why a country needs strong leadership.

Similarly there are a minority of people in the country who are murderers and rapists. Now going by your logic we should just all act sensibly. So you are suggesting that we don’t need any police either?
Jesus you are clueless. Take one example and over exaggerate to fit your agenda.

I'm best staying away from this thread. Goodbye. :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I see Boris is allowing 60,000 into Wembley for the semi-final and final of the Euros. But you cant have 30 at a wedding.

It's ok lets not blame the government for creating another high risk environment, its down to the thousands of football fans that will turn up.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:20 pm
I see Boris is allowing 60,000 into Wembley for the semi-final and final of the Euros. But you cant have 30 at a wedding.

It's ok lets not blame the government for creating another high risk environment, its down to the thousands of football fans that will turn up.

It’s more likely it’s down to EUFA and their big corporate sponsors.

I don’t need anyone advising me that mixing with hundreds or thousands of people, whether it be at an airport, hotel, stadium, train, is taking a risk.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:

:suicide:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Indian variant to be dominant by late August in Europe as per article on BBC.

so NFG, Rob, is that all on Bojo too?

you cannot stop the spread of a variant unless borders of every nation are fully sealed. which cannot and would never happen. you can delay it for sure, as we could and should have done, had they shut the borders to india (and then been faced with a barrage of racism claims from the echo chamber of angry noisy lefties on twitter and probably on here by some too), but ultimately its gonna make little difference...

as ive said before the delay in full reopening has zero impacting on vast majority. yes some business will suffer, but nothing is fair, just as some failing ones have benefited from the government cash that delayed them closing anyway.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This thread is as bad as the poxy Brexit thread. :roll:

I'm not having a pop at any individual there - to me you are all equally cuntish. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We will have a 4th Wave come the late Autumn / early Winter.... and many more will die - Regardless of vaccines.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

It’s more likely it’s down to EUFA and their big corporate sponsors.

I don’t need anyone advising me that mixing with hundreds or thousands of people, whether it be at an airport, hotel, stadium, train, is taking a risk.

UK Government could have said NO :rubchin:

For most of us it is high time the countries opened back up properly - for over 12 months we were told that we had to be patient and wait for the vaccines and that is what we have done. All along the governments and health authorities have acknowledged that the vaccines will NOT stop the spread of the virus but will lessen the effects of it, so why then is everyone having a meltdown cos of the numbers rising again ? There are going to be peaks and troughs with this disease so accept it and move along instead of scaremongering and spreading panic to people who have been through enough.

Re the uefa final's decision, the uk government cannot have double standards - if they are willing to let a near capacity attendance at wembley for those games, then they need to take the shackles off for uk residents in everyday life