CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30835
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm
On a slightly different note, I'm enjoying, slime ball, opportunist, Starmer and Labour get their arses kicked!
Starmer played a political game with Covid all through the pandemic!
It's not worked!!! :barscarf:
I’m not the biggest fan of Starner but I really don’t get the hate.
It is totally bizarre how thick northerners somehow think that old Etonian Boris Johnson will look after their interests rather than working class boy done good Keir Starner.
Absolutely spot on Rob. Do they not see the out and out corruption, lies, and bent contracts going to their mates? Not to mention Johnson’s payment to his prostitute, redecoration of his flat and the links to Putin’s cabal? Unbelievable in this day and age that we’re still governed by inbred, public school arseholes! Sad times.

:high5: Well Said.

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm
On a slightly different note, I'm enjoying, slime ball, opportunist, Starmer and Labour get their arses kicked!
Starmer played a political game with Covid all through the pandemic!
It's not worked!!! :barscarf:
I’m not the biggest fan of Starner but I really don’t get the hate.
It is totally bizarre how thick northerners somehow think that old Etonian Boris Johnson will look after their interests rather than working class boy done good Keir Starner.
Absolutely spot on Rob. Do they not see the out and out corruption, lies, and bent contracts going to their mates? Not to mention Johnson’s payment to his prostitute, redecoration of his flat and the links to Putin’s cabal? Unbelievable in this day and age that we’re still governed by inbred, public school arseholes! Sad times.
You need to look at the personalities and the policies as a whole to see why Labour is still getting trounced. Starmer started off very well, with his attention to detail he was pummelling Johnson every week in PMQs. But the problem is during a pandemic when the Government were doing something wrong Starmer as Johnson has labelled him, became Captain Hindsight. And that has, by and large, stuck with the electorate.

Add the Conservatives Brexit stance, vaccine success and now what appears to be more infighting in the Labour party it's no wonder that Starmer is now feeling the heat rather than Johnson, who seems to have a bit of Teflon Don about him.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 19009
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm
On a slightly different note, I'm enjoying, slime ball, opportunist, Starmer and Labour get their arses kicked!
Starmer played a political game with Covid all through the pandemic!
It's not worked!!! :barscarf:
I’m not the biggest fan of Starner but I really don’t get the hate.
It is totally bizarre how thick northerners somehow think that old Etonian Boris Johnson will look after their interests rather than working class boy done good Keir Starner.
Perhaps because they see through champagne socialists in the Labour party eh?

I know many a working class "Kier" :banghead:

15 of the last 16 labour leaders were privately educated spivs - hardly cries out to the people on the streets of Hartlepool does it?

Their flip flop stance on Brexit was damaging for years - whether you voted leave or remain isn't the point. If you wanted out vote Tory, if you wanted in vote Liberal Democrat..........if you hadn't got a clue vote Labour

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm
On a slightly different note, I'm enjoying, slime ball, opportunist, Starmer and Labour get their arses kicked!
Starmer played a political game with Covid all through the pandemic!
It's not worked!!! :barscarf:
I’m not the biggest fan of Starner but I really don’t get the hate.
It is totally bizarre how thick northerners somehow think that old Etonian Boris Johnson will look after their interests rather than working class boy done good Keir Starner.
Perhaps because they see through champagne socialists in the Labour party eh?

I know many a working class "Kier" :banghead:

15 of the last 16 labour leaders were privately educated spivs - hardly cries out to the people on the streets of Hartlepool does it?

Their flip flop stance on Brexit was damaging for years - whether you voted leave or remain isn't the point. If you wanted out vote Tory, if you wanted in vote Liberal Democrat..........if you hadn't got a clue vote Labour
I can tell you from experience and being up that way a lot (my ex is a Mackem) that people from Hartlepool are thick as horse shit. So a style over substance PM, that gave them Brexit and the vaccines will get their vote all day long. Boris is an old Etonian, but it's the sales patter that covers up his privileged upbringing more than most politicians.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 19009
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm
On a slightly different note, I'm enjoying, slime ball, opportunist, Starmer and Labour get their arses kicked!
Starmer played a political game with Covid all through the pandemic!
It's not worked!!! :barscarf:
I’m not the biggest fan of Starner but I really don’t get the hate.
It is totally bizarre how thick northerners somehow think that old Etonian Boris Johnson will look after their interests rather than working class boy done good Keir Starner.
Perhaps because they see through champagne socialists in the Labour party eh?

I know many a working class "Kier" :banghead:

15 of the last 16 labour leaders were privately educated spivs - hardly cries out to the people on the streets of Hartlepool does it?

Their flip flop stance on Brexit was damaging for years - whether you voted leave or remain isn't the point. If you wanted out vote Tory, if you wanted in vote Liberal Democrat..........if you hadn't got a clue vote Labour
I can tell you from experience and being up that way a lot (my ex is a Mackem) that people from Hartlepool are thick as horse shit. So a style over substance PM, that gave them Brexit and the vaccines will get their vote all day long. Boris is an old Etonian, but it's the sales patter that covers up his privileged upbringing more than most politicians.
I don't disagree with that. Personality probably counts for more than it really should, and whether you love him or loathe him BoJo has personality in spades, whilst Starmer comes across as what he is - a dull lawyer with no human connection to the common man. Andy Burnham would give the Tories a run for their money for certain

User avatar
shu
Posts: 938
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Norwich

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by shu »

Is Corbyn out East fighting against those awful Jews with his friends from Hezbollah !!!!!!

The rest realise that the vast majority want to got on with their lives and move on and upwards , so they will come more over to the Tory side as that is what the public wants .

We wanted brexit to control our borders and make our own decisions and that is what we got

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Is Corbyn out East fighting against those awful Jews with his friends from Hezbollah !!!!!!

The rest realise that the vast majority want to got on with their lives and move on and upwards , so they will come more over to the Tory side as that is what the public wants .

We wanted brexit to control our borders and make our own decisions and that is what we got
1. we could have controlled our own borders without Brexit
2. what a pity we didn't control our border with India, and let in thousands of infected people.
If Johnson has to delay his roadmap then he should never be forgiven. Incompetence of the highest order.

gazzatt2
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:40 am
shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Is Corbyn out East fighting against those awful Jews with his friends from Hezbollah !!!!!!

The rest realise that the vast majority want to got on with their lives and move on and upwards , so they will come more over to the Tory side as that is what the public wants .

We wanted brexit to control our borders and make our own decisions and that is what we got
1. we could have controlled our own borders without Brexit
2. what a pity we didn't control our border with India, and let in thousands of infected people.
If Johnson has to delay his roadmap then he should never be forgiven. Incompetence of the highest order.
tell me how we could control our borders before Brexit ?

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51278
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

As a neutral observer I must say that Starner is a melt. Looks like he's going to start crying every time he starts talking. Just looks and sounds like a weak spineless little bitch.

User avatar
TeeCee
Posts: 6896
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: SW France

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by TeeCee »

Just looks and sounds like a weak spineless little bitch.

YESSSSS.....we have found our new CB!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51278
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 pm
Just looks and sounds like a weak spineless little bitch.

YESSSSS.....we have found our new CB!! :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol:

Ah yes the Merterslacker Big German Vagina gambit.... :lol:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30835
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:40 am
shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Is Corbyn out East fighting against those awful Jews with his friends from Hezbollah !!!!!!

The rest realise that the vast majority want to got on with their lives and move on and upwards , so they will come more over to the Tory side as that is what the public wants .

We wanted brexit to control our borders and make our own decisions and that is what we got
1. we could have controlled our own borders without Brexit
2. what a pity we didn't control our border with India, and let in thousands of infected people.
If Johnson has to delay his roadmap then he should never be forgiven. Incompetence of the highest order.
His (Johnsons) delay in setting up and preparing for COVID is unforgivable, had he and his arse-banging tory cohorts acted sooner so many more lives could have been saved. He's got blood on his hands, but of course that will never be admitted.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27393
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

Got my first vaccine last Friday and will be getting the second 4 weeks after that

My position hasnt really changed - I wasnt in any great rush to get it, but I got it more to bump up the numbers so that we can get more of the country open

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

Got the dreaded phone call today, to return to work next Tuesday. :cry:
Been on furlough since January, enjoyed every single day, our garden looks like something from a magazine, loads of wee jobs sorted around the house, a few beer every night and a lovely 4 nites at Butlins in Minehead last week!
How any body can say they'd be bored if they retired ? I just don't know!

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30835
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:45 pm
Got the dreaded phone call today, to return to work next Tuesday. :cry:
Been on furlough since January, enjoyed every single day, our garden looks like something from a magazine, loads of wee jobs sorted around the house, a few beer every night and a lovely 4 nites at Butlins in Minehead last week!
How any body can say they'd be bored if they retired ? I just don't know!


Just fake the symptoms Sid... that's another 10 days of freedom. :wink:


See the A testing Facility in Wuhan City in China is responsible for the Corona Virus thing is heating up!


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57268111

Post Reply