CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

Politicians are all idiots. All of them. Everywhere. Every party. All lying corrupt fucking idiots. We are led by people with no qualification to lead beyond an urge to feather their own nests. :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Can’t really disagree with that analysis.

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

9 points above Burnley, 30 points behind City. What a fekkin shambles....our level. Disgraceful.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:15 pm
Politicians are all idiots. All of them. Everywhere. Every party. All lying corrupt fucking idiots. We are led by people with no qualification to lead beyond an urge to feather their own nests. :roll:
Agree completely DB. Its why I'm apolitical.

They're all as bad as each other, no matter what the party. Only out to get what they can for themselves, their family and their mates. Possibly a little bit of megalomania in there too.

Tossers the lot of em.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

They're all as bad as each other, no matter what the party. Only out to get what they can for themselves, their family and their mates. Possibly a little bit of megalomania in there too.

Tossers the lot of em.

But we all know that and expect no different, and maybe I am naive but I do expect better from teachers who are this morning threatening to go on strike unless they get bumped up as a priority on the vaccination list over here :roll: I have no issue with them wanting to get vaccinated asap, but to fcuk about with kids futures again by going on strike ?? Fcuk off. As I said previously, there are thousands of people over here that have worked throughout the pandemic and continue to do so still, and they aint threatening to strike if they dont get what they want. I really, really believe that they are misjudging the feeling of the man and woman on the street who are getting pissed off with them, and I am praying that this time they get to feel a serious backlash - dont forget that that most of these teachers have 8-10 weeks left in the school year (the others have 3 more weeks) and then they will be off for 10-12 weeks while the rest of us are still working

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Tossers the lot of em.

But we all know that and expect no different, and maybe I am naive but I do expect better from teachers who are this morning threatening to go on strike unless they get bumped up as a priority on the vaccination list over here :roll: I have no issue with them wanting to get vaccinated asap, but to fcuk about with kids futures again by going on strike ?? Fcuk off. As I said previously, there are thousands of people over here that have worked throughout the pandemic and continue to do so still, and they aint threatening to strike if they dont get what they want. I really, really believe that they are misjudging the feeling of the man and woman on the street who are getting pissed off with them, and I am praying that this time they get to feel a serious backlash - dont forget that that most of these teachers have 8-10 weeks left in the school year (the others have 3 more weeks) and then they will be off for 10-12 weeks while the rest of us are still working
I was only talking about Politicians in general mate. I know nothing of the Irish education system so would never make a comment on it.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I am qualified to speak about our education system though but restricted only to my daughter's primary school.

All through the lockdowns her school was practically fully staffed (because of so many key worker's children :roll:)

Those that weren't in school worked from home and sorted all the online lessons.

augie

Post by augie »

I understand that but this is more about the vaccination system over here than the education system - basically over here we are vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable first, and then we are working our way through the population from 70 years down according to your age. That to me seems a fair system but our teachers believe that they should be a priority simply because they are teachers, and it doesnt matter that a 25 year old teacher would then get vaccinated before a 66 year old pensioner

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

So BoJo expected to 'sign off' the next stage of lockdown easing today

I should fucking well hope so too - the acid test of not 'overwhelming' the NHS looks to have been passed with a tenth of the people in hospital with COVID compared to the peak of January. 10 deaths yesterday.

Thanks so much and be still my beating heart - I can sit in a freezing cold garden and get someone to cut my hair. Best be cautious and wait another month before I could be trusted to sit in a restaurant without licking the tables though......must be cautious and all that you know. Meanwhile my son will take the crowded bus to school and sit with 30 other kids in the classroom

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 am

I should fucking well hope so too - the acid test of not 'overwhelming' the NHS looks to have been passed with a tenth of the people in hospital with COVID compared to the peak of January. 10 deaths yesterday.

Thanks so much and be still my beating heart - I can sit in a freezing cold garden and get someone to cut my hair. Best be cautious and wait another month before I could be trusted to sit in a restaurant without licking the tables though......must be cautious and all that you know. Meanwhile my son will take the crowded bus to school and sit with 30 other kids in the classroom

Over here because we are months away from opening pubs and restraunts our government are going to be giving out grants for businesses to set up outdoor eating and drinking area's - with the Irish weather ? Are they having a fcuking laff ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 am
I understand that but this is more about the vaccination system over here than the education system - basically over here we are vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable first, and then we are working our way through the population from 70 years down according to your age. That to me seems a fair system but our teachers believe that they should be a priority simply because they are teachers, and it doesnt matter that a 25 year old teacher would then get vaccinated before a 66 year old pensioner
Ah right. Sounds the same as our system. Over 80's, Over 70's then Over 60's and so on. Any existing medical condition will see you bumped up a group or two regardless of your age. Always seemed the fairest way to me.

Agree with you on the teachers then. Don't see why they should expect or demand preferential treatment above retail food staff etc who, as you say, have worked right through all lockdowns.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:34 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 am

Over here because we are months away from opening pubs and restraunts our government are going to be giving out grants for businesses to set up outdoor eating and drinking area's - with the Irish weather ? Are they having a fcuking laff ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, we've gone from 23 degrees in the south east of England last week to a maximum of 6 today, and going down to about minus 2 for the next couple of evenings. I'd rather drink my own piss than sit in a freezing cold garden - absolute fucking pisstake. Costing the places more to be open and bring everyone back on full wages than furlough them all and stay closed

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Getting my first jab today, Pfizer, I think.

wibble

Post by wibble »

That’s me got my second dose today so I’m now invincible-think that’s how it works anyway!

And don’t worry augie, I’m not a teacher :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:02 am
Getting my first jab today, Pfizer, I think.
Bet you end up sprouting a massive pair of tits after it :lol:

Send pics on if you do :wink: