CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Schools went back Monday, Tuesday afternoon 1 primary and one secondary school in Sleepy old Norfolk sending kids home with Covid. As this part of England has a low incidence of infection. I wonder what it’s like elsewhere. However local news on BBC and ITV or even Oprah have yet to mention it.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:29 pm
Schools went back Monday, Tuesday afternoon 1 primary and one secondary school in Sleepy old Norfolk sending kids home with Covid. As this part of England has a low incidence of infection. I wonder what it’s like elsewhere. However local news on BBC and ITV or even Oprah have yet to mention it.
Nothing here in sleepy Suffolk yet but I'm certain it won't be too long.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Well Becky Jago sure didn’t mention anything on the news today that I saw :rubchin:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:31 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Whereabouts in sleepy Suffolk are you Clummo ?

I’m an IP14 guy myself :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:31 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Whereabouts in sleepy Suffolk are you Clummo ?

I’m an IP14 guy myself :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

What I dont get is given how we have been in lockdown for 2 months, how kids on day 1 back at school test positive.

Unless people have just been mixing households on the quiet.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Obviously picked up by the pre school testing , As for people mixing ,unfortunately it goes on all the time especially in the migrant worker communities that share houses and bed and breakfasts , it is a housing problem where people are bussed to the meat processing and vegetable packing plants all mixed together and their kids catch it.
Most people knew it would happen when the schools went back even Whitty and Hancock . They are now expecting a R rate increase but just hoping that the injections will keep people out of hospital

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

When it comes to Covid 19, most people don't know what they're talking about
I wouldn't ask a plumber about advice on how to rewire a house.
I wouldn't ask a cardiothoracic surgeon about kidney transplant.

I wouldn't ask someone with 3 GCSEs to their name and no higher qualification about a worldwide pandemic. Speak about what you know. Otherwise, shut up.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:00 am

I wouldn't ask someone with 3 GCSEs to their name and no higher qualification about a worldwide pandemic. Speak about what you know. Otherwise, shut up.
None of us know what we're talking about when it comes to football either but that doesn't stop us having an opinion. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:00 am

None of us know what we're talking about when it comes to football either but that doesn't preclude us from having an opinion. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:09 pm
What I dont get is given how we have been in lockdown for 2 months, how kids on day 1 back at school test positive.

Unless people have just been mixing households on the quiet.
Because unlike the previous 'lockdown' it isn't really a lockdown and their parents have been out to work every day for months. Last year even the government were shocked that industries like construction, transportation/supply chain, estate agents etc ground to a halt and cost them 4x the bill they expected, hence the reason why this time they've all been actively encouraged to stay open. So if you're the son/daughter of two key workers who take public transport to work, the chances are your parents have been asymptomatic and carried the virus and your child is now going on a bus to school with other kids then sitting in a classroom of 30+ and the teacher

It is nothing short of lunacy to have sent every school year back at the same time. Kids over the age of 14 could home study for longer and there would be a chance to see what happened with the data every week based upon a staggered return.

I have absolutely no doubt that my 17 year old will be back at home within the next week as someone in his year is bound to test positive. I already know some of his friends parents work in hospitals, schools, supermarkets and other locations where there is a high degree of mixing, so I see it as inevitable than 1 in 30 will test positive and then we're back to where we started......all this for an age group all perfectly happy to home study, compounded by the year above and below them needlessly going back to school before Easter when their Summer exams have been scrapped !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Italy where schools reopened 4 weeks ago are closing Monday, Germany 3 weeks after reopening have a20-% increase . Admittedly their vaccinations are not as advanced as ours but it shows a pattern
Seems like we have a Sage - Sunak stand-off in the making.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Outrage today over the Mets handling of thousands of frigid men haters and lesbian lefties, using the murder of a young woman as an excuse to take to the streets.
Supposedly demanding protection, yet ironically not giving one flying fuck about the possible risks they will expose anyone unfortunate enough to have to come into contact with any of these smelly, hairy armpit fucking slags, over the coming days.
I bet these exact same "women" were outraged at the footage of Rangers fans celebrating their title win, when in fact they are so similar in so many ways, " a shower of selfish smelly c u n t s"

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:06 am
Outrage today over the Mets handling of thousands of frigid men haters and lesbian lefties, using the murder of a young woman as an excuse to take to the streets.
Supposedly demanding protection, yet ironically not giving one flying fuck about the possible risks they will expose anyone unfortunate enough to have to come into contact with any of these smelly, hairy armpit fucking slags, over the coming days.
I bet these exact same "women" were outraged at the footage of Rangers fans celebrating their title win, when in fact they are so similar in so many ways, " a shower of selfish smelly c u n t s"
Go on Sidney, you speak your mind whilst you're visiting multiple households today.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:06 am
Go on Sidney, you speak your mind whilst you're visiting multiple households today.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Not today nfg, but will be hosting my annual St Patricks day party on Wednesday :barscarf: