CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

Post by goonertux »

Thought I’d start a new thread as people were posting in different threads.
Latest - Champions League and Thursday Night Challenge both suspended.
Can see all British football being suspended now for some time. Euro 2020 postponed till next year will allow this Season to be completed in the Summer. :banghead:

goonertux

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonertux »

Mods - can we make it a Sticky? Ta

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Premier League suspended until April 3rd...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:10 am
Which year ?

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:02 am
Mods - can we make it a Sticky? Ta
You must be really proud of this thread buddy :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Which year ?
They are willing to fo to 2045 if that is what it takes to get Liverpool over the line...

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
So no one else will catch it after that date

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh the media are just loving all this drama. They are actually reporting (as news :shock: ) that the women's FA cup, Super League and Championship are all postponed - as if anyone give's two fu.cks about it. Surely they don't breach the concept of crowds in excess of 500 people anyway so what's all the fuss about :roll:

While this whole coronavirus thing is a ginormous pain in the arse, if it does somehow invalidate the mickeys winning the league then it may all have been worthwhile. As for those bat fucking and bat eating chinese weirdos can we somehow exclude them from society going forward as fu.ck knows what that shower are going to lumber us with next.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 am
Bradywasking wrote:
So no one else will catch it after that date
Phew I’m glad, I’ve got tickets to see the Bootleg Beatles on Sunday 4th, that’s a relief :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I saw an article yesterday which said China is over the worst and already coming out the other side. Great huh, didn't they start it??? They probably isolated, then executed anybody who had it. Who is going to complain….and even if they did, their reply would be.... Well it worked didn't it, how's your treatment plan working out?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:58 am
Oh the media are just loving all this drama. They are actually reporting (as news :shock: ) that the women's FA cup, Super League and Championship are all postponed - as if anyone give's two fu.cks about it. Surely they don't breach the concept of crowds in excess of 500 people anyway so what's all the fuss about :roll:

While this whole coronavirus thing is a ginormous pain in the arse, if it does somehow invalidate the mickeys winning the league then it may all have been worthwhile. As for those bat fucking and bat eating chinese weirdos can we somehow exclude them from society going forward as fu.ck knows what that shower are going to lumber us with next.
Probably bats with flu that will start eating us.
As for cancelling the season or whatever, as far as I'm aware, every fucking season from 2007- now ended in about February anyway.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

a late football result coming in : Covid-19, Scousers- 18. :lol:

if the season really is over, I do wonder what will happen to the bottom three - quite rightly, they could argue that they would have survived relegation and should stay in the PL.

But if Leeds and WBA don't get promoted this year, they could sue both the PL and EFL, for tens of millions in lost revenues....

its going to be a shit show.

i reckon they will have to start it again in September - Wuhan has taken five months to see infection rates drop, and then finish the season in late October.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just seen the statement which says that "All Elite football will be suspended." Presumably the scum will still be playing matches, then.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:47 pm
I saw an article yesterday which said China is over the worst and already coming out the other side. Great huh, didn't they start it??? They probably isolated, then executed anybody who had it. Who is going to complain….and even if they did, their reply would be.... Well it worked didn't it, how's your treatment plan working out?
Their idea of enforcing the quarantine was the army nailing peoples doors shut....