CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 pm
rob, be fair your a moron, just look at your opinions on any match day thread, where you often see a good performance when we have been atrocious.

your pie in the sky student union rhetoric on this topic and the brexit one just bring that to the fore.

We are all morons in our own ways, but you are so blinkered on anything anti tory its crazy. your like one of the vacuous brain dead on twitter echo chambers, or a teenager who's just discovered politics who use the term 'tory' as if its something offensive. your views are naive, pie in the sky excused by youth at best or wumming, or ignoramusy at worst.

look at you digging out of those choosing which vaccine to have based on the fact one could make them seriously ill, worse than covid may.

you offer lots of problems but no solutions. you need to get in the real world. yes we all know mistakes have been made in this pandemic, but making sweeping statements with no thought out impacts or rational solutions to knock on impacts simply to have a dig at the 'tories' is tiresome.

anyway carry on as you were!
that's ok - your opinion.
I am not blinkered , its just that over the past year they have got the vast majority of things wrong!
If you can't see that then you are brainwashed - we have one of the highest death rates in the world from the pandemic which means that pretty much every other world leader has done a better job on it.

fair play though on the vaccine rollout though - that seems to be going ok. lets hope things can continue to improve.
as for the vaccines well the ones available here in the UK appear to be just as good as each other which is why I said just take whatever one is offered to you.
there have been plenty of solutions to the problems the Tories have made - they ignored scientific advice last March and locked down too late, they sent schools back without making sure they were safe, they could have got the NHS in charge of the test and trace system instead of their private company friends, they ignored scientific advice in September when we should have locked down - and if we had then the current lockdown we would probably have been out of it by now. they could even have shut the borders - as we are an island much easier to do than the european countries and you know what we could all be back at the Emirates by now.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 am
I can't make my mind up as to whether Sunak is actually any good or is he a 'Rob Holding'.......ie: looks competent because of the c.unts and bellends around him? Time will tell.

Europe have fucked up majorly with the vaccine but they have also been let down massively by the drug companies not fulfilling orders. When you pay 267m up front for millions of doses and they deliver around 30% of the order (I think it was), it's a piss take. I do like the fact that my adopted country (France) are concentrating on getting the older generation fully protected with their two doses rather than hoping that one does the job for long enough.
Thats because they allowed themselves to be at the back of the queue with their slow planning. How is it the UK procured 40m doses of the Pfizer Vaccine, made by a European company manufactured in Belgium. It’s because we where 3 months in planning ahead of the EU.

You say AZN shafted them, but they haven't even used what they’ve been given so far. And thats because their politicians bad mouthed the UK produced vaccine. Then just to top it all the Italians stopped a shipment of AZN vaccines to Australia. And this is off the backdrop of having 500k doses delivered to Italy by AZN and only using 100k. Hypocrites if you ask me.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 am
I can't make my mind up as to whether Sunak is actually any good or is he a 'Rob Holding'.......ie: looks competent because of the c.unts and bellends around him? Time will tell.

Europe have fucked up majorly with the vaccine but they have also been let down massively by the drug companies not fulfilling orders. When you pay 267m up front for millions of doses and they deliver around 30% of the order (I think it was), it's a piss take. I do like the fact that my adopted country (France) are concentrating on getting the older generation fully protected with their two doses rather than hoping that one does the job for long enough.
the drugs companies fulfill the orders they got first dont they?...europe procrastinated and were delayed by the cumbersome eu mechanisms and ordered months after us and others, so surely have to wait in line. if the drugs companies have production issues everyone is impacted but europe still has to wait in line, even if its not good enough on the companies side.

the one dose 2 dose issue is a concern

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:12 am
Lads, can you keep the personal insults off the forum please. There's no need for name calling and insults just because you disagree on something.

We run a loose ship here and let the odd tear up go as people get angry or frustrated, and no one wants a forum like the old Arsenal.com abortion, but there are rules here brought in by the owners. They are posted at the top of the main page, have a read of them sometime.
come on db this is mild stuff and friendly in nature...until we revert to the levels of US marty, and start calling each other (my personal favorite here from when he had a meltdown) 'little cock pussies' then we can start to worry!

the playing mantis

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:43 am
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 pm
rob, be fair your a moron, just look at your opinions on any match day thread, where you often see a good performance when we have been atrocious.

your pie in the sky student union rhetoric on this topic and the brexit one just bring that to the fore.

We are all morons in our own ways, but you are so blinkered on anything anti tory its crazy. your like one of the vacuous brain dead on twitter echo chambers, or a teenager who's just discovered politics who use the term 'tory' as if its something offensive. your views are naive, pie in the sky excused by youth at best or wumming, or ignoramusy at worst.

look at you digging out of those choosing which vaccine to have based on the fact one could make them seriously ill, worse than covid may.

you offer lots of problems but no solutions. you need to get in the real world. yes we all know mistakes have been made in this pandemic, but making sweeping statements with no thought out impacts or rational solutions to knock on impacts simply to have a dig at the 'tories' is tiresome.

anyway carry on as you were!
that's ok - your opinion.
I am not blinkered , its just that over the past year they have got the vast majority of things wrong!
If you can't see that then you are brainwashed - we have one of the highest death rates in the world from the pandemic which means that pretty much every other world leader has done a better job on it.

fair play though on the vaccine rollout though - that seems to be going ok. lets hope things can continue to improve.
as for the vaccines well the ones available here in the UK appear to be just as good as each other which is why I said just take whatever one is offered to you.
there have been plenty of solutions to the problems the Tories have made - they ignored scientific advice last March and locked down too late, they sent schools back without making sure they were safe, they could have got the NHS in charge of the test and trace system instead of their private company friends, they ignored scientific advice in September when we should have locked down - and if we had then the current lockdown we would probably have been out of it by now. they could even have shut the borders - as we are an island much easier to do than the european countries and you know what we could all be back at the Emirates by now.
i agree on shutting the borders...forever in my view ;) but how given we are glbal hub, dependent on movement and trade. we are not NZ or oz an isolated backwoods country, by design and geography we are right in the centre of the world, if we had shut borders completley we would have suffered huge political, financial and other issues that im too ignorant to know about. i would have banned all foreign holidays completley and utterly.

the nature of our country means you cannot compare death rates.

likewise i proportion a huge part of the blame on the british population themselves, which you disagree with. be it inability or unwillingness to follow basic, simply not exactly onerous instructions like making space, non essential travel, masks etc. no matter how draconian the punishments theres nothing the gov can do to stop fuckwits being fuckwits. the police are unwilling to police lots of things, such is the outcry by the noisy minority that is tail wagging dog and not dog wagging tail. ultimately its a problem with society itself here (and in the us and certain other 'western' democracies, that every agenda nowadays seems to be led and given traction by a small minority who make the most noise and are given a voice they shouldn't have by 'social media' and the hysterical desperate to be perceived relevant and with it, main stream media, and our official institutions are keen to bend over backwards to placate them for fear of offending this noisy minority who in the past didn't get the voice they have now as they didn't deserve it and were too stupid to get it by proper means (eg becoming popular through conventional measures) now social media exists these twats get heard and its easy for other twats to agree with them (in the old days they would have actually had to make an effort or done something meaningful to support them, now they just click there keyboards), things like blm, trans stuff, deportation of criminals, etc etc. topics the quiet majority dont give a toss over or likely disagree with yet given loads of attention.

anyway you blame the gov, i blame the public mostly.

nut flush gooner

Not sure how others feel, but I am pretty disgusted that the nurses have been offered a 1% pay rise for everything they have had to deal with over the last year. A lot of them will be scarred for life with what they have seen day in day out.

the playing mantis

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:35 pm
Not sure how others feel, but I am pretty disgusted that the nurses have been offered a 1% pay rise for everything they have had to deal with over the last year. A lot of them will be scarred for life with what they have seen day in day out.
its a pitiful amount on paper, but context needs to be taken. arguments that they are doing what they have been paid to and other public sector is frozen, but then are they paid to deal with a pandemic? arguments for and against, a public health emergency falls under what the NHS is meant to do, but this is the first time ever its had to.

1% is just asking for trouble as the headline figure is what everyone looks at. finances are screwed though so where does money come from? 5% would be good i think, not massive but proportionate given we have no money, but then i don't know the history of their pay rises. public sector pay rises are always controversial. comparison vs what nurses get in equivalent countries is probably the only way to determine if its fair...or maybe giving them a bonus...but then what else gets a bonus, why covid? why not flu epidemics? can of worms

i dont really know but on face of it seems rubbish and so prominent have they been and this pandemic made in the public conscience you would think the gov would have done more, simply for political point scoring... but then are the NHS actually doing a good job, could covid deaths be lower if they had performed better or were they superb and saved many other lives? all unknowns, but to question it is emotive as some see NHS as sacrosanct, and untouchable.

i have both good and bad experiences of it as im sure we all do. im sure it does need major reform in many places, but n the other hand many work well. but its not a topic that is allowed to be debated discussed in this country as its quickly shutdown by people who will hear nothing against it an then it gets too emotive.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

my guess is the opening shot knowing that there will be an uproar
then Boris and co will come out with a figure that makes everyone happy and will be lower than if they started at a higher figure
I don't see many in the private sector thats ben hit hard by Covid getting a pay rise for a few years

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Lads, can you keep the personal insults off the forum please. There's no need for name calling and insults just because you disagree on something.

We run a loose ship here and let the odd tear up go as people get angry or frustrated, and no one wants a forum like the old Arsenal.com abortion, but there are rules here brought in by the owners. They are posted at the top of the main page, have a read of them sometime.
come on db this is mild stuff and friendly in nature...until we revert to the levels of US marty, and start calling each other (my personal favorite here from when he had a meltdown) 'little cock pussies' then we can start to worry!
The point though mate is these things can escalate into full out abuse and bullying and that would lead to possible bans and no one wants to see that. I'm the only fulltime mod on here tbh and I mod with a light hand (kinda the anti-rodders there :wink: ) but if someone complains to the owners or to the service provider we could see bans from the owners or even a shutdown of the forum like we did after the "banter" about "she who cannot be named".

Better safe than no forum, huh? A gentle reminder often prevents it escalating. :wink:

"Little cock Pussies" still makes me laugh. :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
So you can’t accept that the government have trashed the economy then you start moaning that the nurses are not getting a pay rise!.

It is what I have been saying - there is no money left!

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:58 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
So you can’t accept that the government have trashed the economy then you start moaning that the nurses are not getting a pay rise!.

Rob, why do I always feel like I have to beat you with a stick when you time and time again show a lack of understanding in how an economy works.

Do I really have to explain how during a pandemic governments use fiscal stimulus measures to prop up the economy? Then look at taxation to pay back the deficits? If the conservatives wanted they could give the nurses a one off rise of say 3% and it would cost next to nothing compared with the furlough scheme. On top of that theres loads of inefficiency in the NHS eg bureaucrats on silly wages that could be moved on amongst other things. Interest rates are at all time lows, so if the govt wanted to they simply start more money printing/QE and borrow at next to no interest.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There really is a lot of 'ill feeling' on this particular thread isn't there :roll:

Talking of which

These UBERCUNTS the toriescumbags

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56301981

1%!

1% pay rise after everything they have done, the colleagues and friends they have lost there countless lives they have saved because of the Hard Work, Grit, Determination and Sacrifice throughout this Pandemic...

Oh! I know what let's all stand outside our front doors and clap Very Loudly every Thursday evening is it, that'll help them feed their families and pay their bills.

:cussing: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

The point though mate is these things can escalate into full out abuse and bullying and that would lead to possible bans and no one wants to see that. I'm the only fulltime mod on here tbh and I mod with a light hand (kinda the anti-rodders there :wink: ) but if someone complains to the owners or to the service provider we could see bans from the owners or even a shutdown of the forum like we did after the "banter" about "she who cannot be named".

Better safe than no forum, huh? A gentle reminder often prevents it escalating. :wink:

tiss a fair point you little cock pussy.

come back rob this is boring without you!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:16 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:58 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Rob, why do I always feel like I have to beat you with a stick when you time and time again show a lack of understanding in how an economy works.

Do I really have to explain how during a pandemic governments use fiscal stimulus measures to prop up the economy? Then look at taxation to pay back the deficits? If the conservatives wanted they could give the nurses a one off rise of say 3% and it would cost next to nothing compared with the furlough scheme. On top of that theres loads of inefficiency in the NHS eg bureaucrats on silly wages that could be moved on amongst other things. Interest rates are at all time lows, so if the govt wanted to they simply start more money printing/QE and borrow at next to no interest.
Then why haven’t they then ?
Bit shocking isn’t it? No criticism of the government of course from you though :roll:

Personally I feel that the government decision to cut foreign aid is worse than their decision to only award a 1% pay increase to nurses.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fuck off!! Ya free state gippo bastard! :lol: