CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:17 am
augie wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:17 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm
Last August I booked Butlins in Minehead for May 17th for 4 nites.
So with Boris' dates we could be first through the gates.7 :barscarf:
All booked for Alcudia in August, so hopefully we will get a holiday this year. 8)
The thought of another summer stuck in Ireland ( north or south) is too depressing to contemplate! :cry:

Ssshh - gooner rob will be after you calling you out for going foreign :lol: :lol:

Every year me and the family go to cambrillis and fly into salou except of course we couldnt go last year. This year the retards running our government were/are saying that non essential trips abroad (does mental sanity class as essential ?) will incur a fine of €1k when we fly back into the country, so I decided to check out prices if we flew from belfast - cannot believe not one airline flys direct to salou from belfast :shock: :shock:
Cambrils is a lovely place. No egg and chips daubed cafes there! Nice fried octopus, patatas bravas and a cold Estrella.

I went there a few years back and got a taxi down from Barca. Not cheap, but there will be lots of flights that way. Its about an hours drive from Barca to the Cambrils area. There are also coach options.

We were there the week of the terrorist attacks in barcelona and they ended up getting some of those in a shoot out that night in the main part of cambrillis - we went into town the following night and the taxi driver asked us would we not be scared after events of the previous night, and we told him that it would probably be the safest spot in spain that night cos we knew there would be cops everywhere :lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
All booked for Alcudia in August, so hopefully we will get a holiday this year. 8)
The thought of another summer stuck in Ireland ( north or south) is too depressing to contemplate! :cry:

Ssshh - gooner rob will be after you calling you out for going foreign :lol: :lol:

Every year me and the family go to cambrillis and fly into salou except of course we couldnt go last year. This year the retards running our government were/are saying that non essential trips abroad (does mental sanity class as essential ?) will incur a fine of €1k when we fly back into the country, so I decided to check out prices if we flew from belfast - cannot believe not one airline flys direct to salou from belfast :shock: :shock:
Cambrils is a lovely place. No egg and chips daubed cafes there! Nice fried octopus, patatas bravas and a cold Estrella.

I went there a few years back and got a taxi down from Barca. Not cheap, but there will be lots of flights that way. Its about an hours drive from Barca to the Cambrils area. There are also coach options.

We were there the week of the terrorist attacks in barcelona and they ended up getting some of those in a shoot out that night in the main part of cambrillis - we went into town the following night and the taxi driver asked us would we not be scared after events of the previous night, and we told him that it would probably be the safest spot in spain that night cos we knew there would be cops everywhere :lol: :lol:
I'd have told him to wise up, I'm from Norn Iron! :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

So, I had my first Covid jab yesterday.

Today I woke up and felt stiff all over and had a bit of a headache. Apparently this is a good sign that the anti bodies are doing their work. As the day went on the aches eased up. I feel fine now.
I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca. The side effects I had are considered normal for that one.

The small discomfort I had today is nothing to worry about. I'm so glad to have got the vaccine and am in the system now so the second jab will just be a formality. I have the date in May.

Hopefully by the summer we'll be looking at some form of normality again. Good luck to all you guys.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Today I woke up and felt stiff all over and had a bit of a headache. Apparently this is a good sign that the anti bodies are doing their work. As the day went on the aches eased up. I feel fine now.
I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca. The side effects I had are considered normal for that one.

The small discomfort I had today is nothing to worry about. I'm so glad to have got the vaccine and am in the system now so the second jab will just be a formality. I have the date in May.

Hopefully by the summer we'll be looking at some form of normality again. Good luck to all you guys.
Nice one Midz,

Hopefully your stiffness wears off quickly

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:

It was cos of the olympiakos draw wasnt it ? :rubchin: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 pm
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

And he'd reply "ah yes norn iron this is your sister you married yes?"

:lol: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Haven’t been to Cambrils for years. Used to sail down from Villanova to the Ebro in the 1970’s .
Bought back a few memories,

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

:lol:
To be honest Sid I would be a bit concerned about the 17th May date.
Any slippage on the dates given by the government and that is you fucked.

You better start hoping that cases don’t start rising once the schools go back.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Midz wrote:

The impression I get from being in a large facebook group of high risk people, is that the AZN vaccine is harder work to deal with than Pfizer.

But you are right, the side effects is your bodies immune response dealing and programming itself from potentially being exposed to the virus in future. Anyone noticed how the anti vaxxers gone all quiet now millions of us have had the jab and arent dropping dead.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Today I'm good. No more aches or muscle pains. Arm is still feeling like it's been bruised but other than that all is great.

I believe the reasons the vaccines took so long is that they had to be tested to make sure they'd be safe and am confident I won't be growing a second head or worse.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:39 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

and dd you not mean your from Norfolk :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:39 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

:shock: Uncanny :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56222942

Fuckin silly fuckks :banghead:

It should be clarified that most of the troublemakers were scum that werent protesting against the lockdowns ..... they were just protesting against authority and used the protest as a way of causing trouble.
I still am absolutely against the level of lockdowns that we still have right now, but no way do I approve or condone any of that shit. However the Irish government came out yesterday saying that it is illegal for anyone to attend these protests and they can be arrested if they join in - fcuk that shit :evil: Did we move to china without anyone telling me ? When did peaceful protests become illegal ? When did free speech become illegal ? By all means jail or shoot the scum that cause trouble like they did on saturday, but do not think that justifies taking peoples basic civil liberties cos it doesnt :censored: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56222942

Fuckin silly fuckks :banghead:

It should be clarified that most of the troublemakers were scum that werent protesting against the lockdowns ..... they were just protesting against authority and used the protest as a way of causing trouble.
I still am absolutely against the level of lockdowns that we still have right now, but no way do I approve or condone any of that shit. However the Irish government came out yesterday saying that it is illegal for anyone to attend these protests and they can be arrested if they join in - fcuk that shit :evil: Did we move to china without anyone telling me ? When did peaceful protests become illegal ? When did free speech become illegal ? By all means jail or shoot the scum that cause trouble like they did on saturday, but do not think that justifies taking peoples basic civil liberties cos it doesnt :censored: :censored:
That's a very specific group they are targeting augie. Same cùnts that felt the only way they could express their OUTRAGE at the thought of an Orange Order parade in Dublin a few years back was by stealing all the shoes in Foot Locker on O'Connell Street.

Most of them are also full members of the Sinn Fein rent a mob filth. :censored:

I hope those cops busted some fucking heads on Saturday, especially the heads of the couple of vermin that aimed the fireworks at that cop's face. He was a couple inches from being blinded or maimed. What type of cowardly cùnts do that? Fucking dole sponging low life filth. :censored: