CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

This thread has gotten very like the poxy Brexit thread where people only half read each others posts then got into rows over things that weren't actually written!

Also similar is the way many of you are now world renowned qualified virologists, in much the same way many of you suddenly qualified as world renowned economists and global financial experts on the Brexit thread!

:roll: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:25 pm
This thread has gotten very like the poxy Brexit thread where people only half read each others posts then got into rows over things that weren't actually written!

Also similar is the way many of you are now world renowned qualified virologists, in much the same way many of you suddenly qualified as world renowned economists and global financial experts on the Brexit thread!

You mean Jacks of All Trades? :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Good to see that some people spent lockdown productively, I just spent it eating, drinking and moaning on here. :bestmates:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If I speak…

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

But there are some wonderful quote towers so it's not all bad. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:09 pm

If I speak…
Ah yes, good old Ken. I've been waiting for him to speak up. :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

But there are some wonderful quote towers so it's not all bad. :lol:
:lol: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:09 pm

If I speak…
Ah yes, good old Ken. I've been waiting for him to speak up. :wink: :lol:
This I disagree with. There needs to be some clarity here.

What the CDC are saying is in the event of a rare breakthrough infection, the person infected is carrying the same viral load that could be transmitted to others, as if they were unvaccinated.

However, as a proportion of infections amongst unvaccinated people, we are talking about a minuscule figure in relation to breakthrough infections. A breakthrough infection is where someone who is double jabbed gets covid.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... protection

"According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fully vaccinated adults age 65 and older are 94 percent less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than people who are not vaccinated. People who are partially vaccinated are 64 percent less likely to be hospitalized"

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:29 am
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 pm
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:58 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:33 pm
You could but not many put you in a coma with a ventilator unable to see relatives and at worse die alone .
The current problem is with the young who are not either partially or fully vaccinated.
Cases in hospital are going up and sadly the age at death is coming down.
Vaccines are a way to slow its progress and a certified confirmation of being vaccinated is the best way to protect the masses.
Given that you can still catch, and spread, the virus even if you're fully vaccinated, having "certified confirmation" means fuck all.
not at all, as the vaccine is 'meant' to reduce the likelihood of both despite not eliminating it definitely has merit. Assumimg the vaccine does what its meant to which at present it seems to be.
You're still not explaining the purpose of a vaccine passport. "Reducing the likelihood" still doesn't warrant the use of them, because vaccinated people with their "papers" can still get ill. Creating a society, in which "full liberty and freedom" (as banded by the media and Government) is dependant on a vaccine passport is redundant if the vaccinated can still get ill.

My point isn't against the vaccines, Isupport the use of vaccines as risk lowering measures. I don't support vaccine passports.
A country has the right to say who can and can’t enter - you will struggle to get into America if you have a criminal record of any sort.
If countries around the world impose a “COVID passport” in much the same way that you need a visa USA, Australia, Turkey, Russia etc, etc.

Pubs have the right to refuse service to people, to ban them , Airlines can and will have you arrested for misbehaving onboard.
If a restaurant or pub wants to set an entry requirement, of showing proof of having been double jabbed, I’m not sure their is a law against it.

I’ve got my Dad’s funeral on Friday, only 30 people in attendance, still many procedures in place, partly down to the fact that the crematorium cannot afford to have staff members off or be pinged to stay away, as they will not be able to function - there still remains a possibility of it not going ahead between today and Friday.

I’ve had my jabs, I’m glad I have some degree of protection, but I am well aware it does not make me invincible, so I am still being cautious.
“Freedom day” is completely the wrong spin on it, as the uneducated will think it means I no longer have to worry.
Sorry to hear about your loss Stuart. RIP Dad.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So Wuhan DID accidentally Release the Cars Covid Virus!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPIhgknRhI

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They sent it to London Colney just before the Brentford match .

The whole squad tested prior to the kick off according to the daily mail

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

One new COVID case in New Zealand and the country is into a full national lockdown.

Meanwhile in the U.K. 30,000 new daily cases and 100 dead has become normalised.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:17 am
One new COVID case in New Zealand and the country is into a full national lockdown.

Meanwhile in the U.K. 30,000 new daily cases and 100 dead has become normalised.

Shows just how inept Boris & Co are doesn't it... we should have locked all entries and exits from day one - NO Exceptions. :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

More coming now . Just a thought .. How come the Taliban aren't dropping like flies. ?