CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:33 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:45 pm
Got the dreaded phone call today, to return to work next Tuesday. :cry:
Been on furlough since January, enjoyed every single day, our garden looks like something from a magazine, loads of wee jobs sorted around the house, a few beer every night and a lovely 4 nites at Butlins in Minehead last week!
How any body can say they'd be bored if they retired ? I just don't know!

Just fake the symptoms Sid... that's another 10 days of freedom. :wink:

See the A testing Facility in Wuhan City in China is responsible for the Corona Virus thing is heating up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57268111
I've never doubted they were responsible, I wish Trump was still in charge, he'd not hold back.
Those c u n t s and the WHO have been covering it up since day one!
The west should impose a complete trade ban with China.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I wonder how many of the scientist denying it was made in a lab or had originated at the Wuhan facility were in receipt of funding for their research from China :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Been on furlough since January, enjoyed every single day, our garden looks like something from a magazine, loads of wee jobs sorted around the house, a few beer every night and a lovely 4 nites at Butlins in Minehead last week!

See the A testing Facility in Wuhan City in China is responsible for the Corona Virus thing is heating up!

I've never doubted they were responsible, I wish Trump was still in charge, he'd not hold back.
Are you serious? What would Trump do then declare war on China?

Even if the lab theories are correct, and there was an element of deliberation do you think Trump didn't goad China into doing this? Think about it, the Chinese know all-out war would be game over for all of us. But they know they could have done this and probably got away with it.

It's unreal that people give a man (Trump) any credibility, the same man that recommended you ingest bleach to kill the covid virus, while his scientists cringed in the background. Like he was going to make things better for the world with a second term in office. Not.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Poor old Sky News and the reporters like Beth Rigby who have dined out on this pandemic

So desperate were they for the new variants to beat the vaccines, just think what their newly inflated profiles as wannabe virologists will look like in a couple of months

Now down to 870 people in hospital, with a tiny minority of them having had both jabs and within that tiny minority nearly all of them with co-morbidities.

Never mind - there's a variant in Vietnam which combines a mixture of the UK and Indian variants you can scaremonger about for the next few weeks and inevitably it will show up here soon enough

Get the f*** on with life, before the 18th biggest killer in this country for the past six weeks ruins everything we enjoy and love

nut flush gooner

You're beginning to sound like a lockdown protestor Steve, they were out in their thousands yesterday while the rest of us were in the pubs. :D :D

You can go to a pub/restaurant, inside and out. Have gatherings outdoors with up to 30 people, indoors 2 households and 6 people, get your hair cut, go to sports events, exercise in a gym, cinemas, bowling alleys etc etc.

The major restrictions have already been lifted.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:27 pm
You're beginning to sound like a lockdown protestor Steve, they were out in their thousands yesterday while the rest of us were in the pubs. :D :D

You can go to a pub/restaurant, inside and out. Have gatherings outdoors with up to 30 people, indoors 2 households and 6 people, get your hair cut, go to sports events, exercise in a gym, cinemas, bowling alleys etc etc.

You wouldn't catch me protesting with the great unwashed my friend, but I do wonder just how low these stats have to be before all restrictions are eased.

Talk this morning by one of the leading scientists about delaying the 21 June date by a few weeks

How many times were we told that all of this done was to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. With 870 in hospital compared to 40000 at peak, its barely a ripple and that's with a growing vaccination programme that is being sped up, compared to one that had barely started in January

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:23 am
goonersid wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Even if the lab theories are correct, and there was an element of deliberation do you think Trump didn't goad China into doing this? Think about it, the Chinese know all-out war would be game over for all of us. But they know they could have done this and probably got away with it.

It's unreal that people give a man (Trump) any credibility, the same man that recommended you ingest bleach to kill the covid virus, while his scientists cringed in the background. Like he was going to make things better for the world with a second term in office. Not.
Yes I am!!
He would have introduced trade bans with these c u n t s!
Lobbied other western countries to do the same!
The Chinese need to be frozen out!!
I ordered some "stepped cutters" on Wish last April!! And they still haven't arrived!! Bastards!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:46 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Yes I am!!
I ordered some "stepped cutters" on Wish last April!! And they still haven't arrived!! Bastards!!
So DB was right then Sid, you're still cutting up the bodies and burying them on your Allotment?. :?

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:33 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

You wouldn't catch me protesting with the great unwashed my friend, but I do wonder just how low these stats have to be before all restrictions are eased.

Talk this morning by one of the leading scientists about delaying the 21 June date by a few weeks

How many times were we told that all of this done was to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. With 870 in hospital compared to 40000 at peak, its barely a ripple and that's with a growing vaccination programme that is being sped up, compared to one that had barely started in January
The way I see it is Boris having been burnt twice now, once nearly costing his life is ultra-cautious. I think we can unlock and as long as people aren't stupid we should be ok during the summer. I am worried about winter though, I think the vaccines do create a false sense of security, if one of the variants does dodge the bullet it will be too late to do anything about it, infections will surge very quickly.

Regardless this summer I will still be sat outside boozers (proper ones not spoons shitty ones). I quite enjoy waiter service tbh and the way the new tech allows us to order from our phones, etc. Have a few trips planned to Brighton and Leigh on Sea over the next few weeks, staycationing and supporting the economy. You'd be proud Steve!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source: BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57304515

There are signs the UK is in the early stages of a third wave of coronavirus infections, a scientist advising the government has said.
Prof Ravi Gupta, from the University of Cambridge, said although new cases were "relatively low" the Indian variant had fuelled "exponential growth".
He said ending Covid restrictions in England on 21 June should be postponed.
Environment Secretary George Eustice said the government could not rule out a delay to the planned lockdown easing.
But business leaders have warned of the harmful impact of any change to the proposed dates.
On Sunday, the UK reported more than 3,000 new Covid infections for a fifth day in a row.
Prior to this, the UK had not surpassed that number since 12 April.
'Very few' Covid hospital patients had two jabs
Where is the Indian variant and how is it spreading?
When can I get the vaccine?
Prof Gupta told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the UK was already in a third wave of infections and at least three quarters of cases were the variant identified in India.
He said: "Of course the numbers of cases are relatively low at the moment - all waves start with low numbers of cases that grumble in the background and then become explosive, so the key here is that what we are seeing here is the signs of an early wave."
However, he said the number of people who had been vaccinated in the UK meant this wave would probably take longer to emerge than previous ones.
"There may be a false sense of security for some time, and that's our concern."

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:12 am
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Yes I am!!
So DB was right then Sid, you're still cutting up the bodies and burying them on your Allotment?. :?
I only cut off the fingertips and remove any teeth, so they can never be formally identified!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

It is amazing how short some people’s memories are.
Remember last August - we had similar low infection levels, people in hospital etc.
What did we do ? - open up.
If the government had followed scientific advice in September the second wave would not have been so bad, AND we could probably be fully open by now.

Then take the indian variant.
Again if Bozo and his sorry bunch of clowns had actually closed the fucking border with India then again we would probably be ok by now.

but oh no here we go again.
Yes it won’t be so bad this time because so many people have been vaccinated BUT case levels must be kept under control, otherwise we will head into winter in a potentially bad place. The more cases = more chance of mutations - and the economy continues to suffer.

Australia lock down for a few days if there are a handful of cases but other than that they are fully functioning.
We are an island - we should be the same. but anyone suggesting fully relaxing with cases rising exponentially needs to think about what the consequences might be.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:12 am
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Yes I am!!
I only cut off the fingertips and remove any teeth, so they can never be formally identified!

:lol: :high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:47 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Remember last August - we had similar low infection levels, people in hospital etc.
If the government had followed scientific advice in September the second wave would not have been so bad, AND we could probably be fully open by now.

Again if Bozo and his sorry bunch of clowns had actually closed the fucking border with India then again we would probably be ok by now.

Yes it won’t be so bad this time because so many people have been vaccinated BUT case levels must be kept under control, otherwise we will head into winter in a potentially bad place. The more cases = more chance of mutations - and the economy continues to suffer.

Australia lock down for a few days if there are a handful of cases but other than that they are fully functioning.
We are an island - we should be the same. but anyone suggesting fully relaxing with cases rising exponentially needs to think about what the consequences might be.
I love the way you use the throw away line "it won't be so bad this time because so many people have been vaccinated...." as if that's some sort of minor detail.

You stay in your cave Rob!

If people don't want to take vaccines and end up in hospital I don't see why the 90%+ that did take it have to suffer the rest of this year living with serious restrictions. If you also want the next generation to pay an ever growing tax burden to service wartime like debt levels be my guest too - lets pay everyone's salary at 80% forever more.

I agree with your point about border control - that along with care homes in the first wave have been the two biggest failures to date. We gave 10 days notice about India going on the red list - cue thousands of people flooding into the UK before the deadline. Australia type border control with every single visitor going into monitored accomodation, coupled with the vaccine is the way out

However, if people end up hospital because they refuse to take a vaccine - and of those in Bolton and Blackburn hospitalised with the Indian variant, that is the VAST majority - then tough shit to them. Don't make us all suffer

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:44 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:47 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I love the way you use the throw away line "it won't be so bad this time because so many people have been vaccinated...." as if that's some sort of minor detail.

You stay in your cave Rob!

If people don't want to take vaccines and end up in hospital I don't see why the 90%+ that did take it have to suffer the rest of this year living with serious restrictions. If you also want the next generation to pay an ever growing tax burden to service wartime like debt levels be my guest too - lets pay everyone's salary at 80% forever more.

I agree with your point about border control - that along with care homes in the first wave have been the two biggest failures to date. We gave 10 days notice about India going on the red list - cue thousands of people flooding into the UK before the deadline. Australia type border control with every single visitor going into monitored accomodation, coupled with the vaccine is the way out

However, if people end up hospital because they refuse to take a vaccine - and of those in Bolton and Blackburn hospitalised with the Indian variant, that is the VAST majority - then tough shit to them. Don't make us all suffer
Totally agree with you about the covidiots who refuse to take the vaccine - that’s their problem and if they die then tough.

I’m just concerned that not everyone has been offered the vaccine, and yet we are talking about fully reopening on June 21st. doesnt make sense. Yes the most vulnerable have been vaccinated but don’t forget that one dose of the vaccine is not that strong against the Indian variant. I would like to see more people fully jabbed before a free for all.

Regarding the economy well that’s all on the government - being an island all we needed to have done was shut the borders more effectively. We failed to do so last March, failed in the autumn, and then again in the spring, letting all the Indians in.
Forget June 21st if we had a competent person in charge this country could have fully reopened months ago!

This year - get more vaccinated and then open up fully here - it should be on June 21 but Boris may have fucked things up again
Do not allow anyone to travel anywhere overseas - the rest of the world is not vaccinated as much as here.
Maybe next year Europe might be a bit safer. Rest of the world maybe 2023.