CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
nut flush gooner
Posts: 3443
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:31 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:25 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:26 pm
The last few comments on here really does show what a bunch of ignorant fucking morons there are in this country.

Ok so you get to choose - so what?
No one knows right now exactly which is best so I will have whatever is given to me.
However that is not the point. Clinical trials of ALL vaccines must show that they are safe and effective before any vaccine can be authorised or approved for use. This is the case with both vaccines available here in the UK.

Not only are you protecting yourself by having the vaccine it is highly likely that the more people that take it the less transmissible the virus becomes. You are therefore protecting others by having the vaccine.

Vaccinations have a greater effect on a population if the majority of people have undergone it.
The more people don’t have the vaccine the more likely it is to flare up again in the future.

So stop fuckng around, shut up and just take it.
The more you argue the stupider you look. No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it.
Why is it every time you comment on something that isn't Arsenal related you come across as a bit of an ignoramus, Rob?

You make a sweeping comment about how people can't have the jab of their choice and are proven wrong not only once but twice in the same thread.

And then without knowing what the underlying medical conditions people have, again make another sweeping statement over which vaccine is most suitable for each individual. I cannot speak for Clummo, but I spoke to a Nurse specialist before I was vaccinated and based on her knowledge and research I had done we both came to the conclusion that Pfizer's mRNA technology and efficacy would give my compromised immunity the best chance of creating antibodies/T Cells if I ever contracted COVID.

The whole concept of protecting others is a bit of a sideshow tbh, because at this stage the scientists are only over the last few days discovering if it prevents transmission. Early indications are they do which is great news.
I am stating clear facts about vaccinations.
As I said before which vaccine you have is irrelevant.

It doesn’t matter what underlying medical conditions people have - if they are offered the vaccine it means they can and should take it.
Protecting others is not a sideshow - it is a key part of the strategy here in the UK. It is why so many people are being given the first jab and then having to wait 12 weeks for round 2.

Another potentially dangerous new variant of COVID was found here today.
New strains will keep arising and the only way to slow them is through immunisation (restricted travel would also help but the government is reluctant to do much on this)
And you are wrong again. Public Health guidance is broad-brush it's not specific to individual circumstances.

If I took you to a Casino and said here's two roulette tables. One of them offers you a 70% chance of making a profit the other one offers 94% which would you play on?

There is a reason why other countries have not recommended AZNs use in older people, it's all down to the efficacy. So what do we do, go by statistical facts and take the advice of our clinicians.

Fortunately, Rob, you are not the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, because if that was possible we may well have found a worse candidate than our pal Mr Hancock.



Neither cos both are set up to take my money from me. Ah I see the point you are making now - you are suggesting that the pharmaceutical companies are like the casino's - playing russian roulette with people just for their own profits

Make sense now alright :rubchin: :wink:
Could have used lots of analogies Augie just trying to keep it as simple as possible for the target audience.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D :D

Clummo99
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:42 pm
Of course underlying medical conditions matter, how can you say otherwise and expect to be taken seriously?

I'm assuming, though obviously I may be wrong, that you are in general good health?
You never take in what I am saying.
Yes of course underlying medical conditions matter but what I was saying is if you are told that you are ok to take the jab you should take it.
My last comment on this....

You was the one that said it doesn't matter. FFS! :lol:

And yes I have been told I'm OK to take a vaccine but that the Oxford is the better option (marginally) for me. So I have waited until it is available and tomorrow I will be off to the GP Surgery to have it.

My original comment that you took exception to was my decision on which vaccine to have because ALL inoculations carry some risk. As someone that nearly died from a simple penicillin jab due to an unknown allergy at the time I do not rush into these things. I give them serious thought and will still worry that I've made the right decision after the event.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49981
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:06 pm
Alright lads. Let's not turn this into another Brexit thread. Please can you all just respect each others opinions? No matter how fucking stupid they are. :lol: :wink:
Ignoramus is quite a polite word compared with some of the dark days on the Brexit thread.

:lol: :lol:
:lol:

Very true. :shock: :wink:

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6486
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:42 pm
Of course underlying medical conditions matter, how can you say otherwise and expect to be taken seriously?

I'm assuming, though obviously I may be wrong, that you are in general good health?
You never take in what I am saying.
Yes of course underlying medical conditions matter but what I was saying is if you are told that you are ok to take the jab you should take it.
My last comment on this....

You was the one that said it doesn't matter. FFS! :lol:

And yes I have been told I'm OK to take a vaccine but that the Oxford is the better option (marginally) for me. So I have waited until it is available and tomorrow I will be off to the GP Surgery to have it.

My original comment that you took exception to was my decision on which vaccine to have because ALL inoculations carry some risk. As someone that nearly died from a simple penicillin jab due to an unknown allergy at the time I do not rush into these things. I give them serious thought and will still worry that I've made the right decision after the event.
well good to hear that you are having the vaccine tomorrow. yes all vaccines carry some risk but pfizer and AZN have both been fully approved so there should be no hesitancy amongst any of us.
my point on here remains the same - the efficacy rate for both vaccines is high enough for everyone to feel confident whether they take either vaccine. it is highly likely that the pfizer doses will run out soon anyway so this will not even be an issue. Also you may have to receive an AZN vaccine for your second dose even if you had pfizer for your first. Again not a problem.

other vaccines will also come along as we go through the year, and I would think we may all need a top up in the autumn for us to get through the winter.

gazzatt2
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

had routine blood test this morning
chatting to the nurse about the covid jab (I have had the first jab)
she said remember the vaccine does not stop you getting Covid just stops the symptoms being bad (same as the flu jab does not stop flu ) or stop you transmitting it
had e mail from government last night that my shielding has been extended from 21st February until 31st March even if had two jabs
that will be over one year I have been shielding :banghead:

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6486
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:03 am
had routine blood test this morning
chatting to the nurse about the covid jab (I have had the first jab)
she said remember the vaccine does not stop you getting Covid just stops the symptoms being bad (same as the flu jab does not stop flu ) or stop you transmitting it
had e mail from government last night that my shielding has been extended from 21st February until 31st March even if had two jabs
that will be over one year I have been shielding :banghead:
yeah it is ridiculous and completely unnecessary that this has happened.
the government has continually acted far too slow and the consequences are that we have all been locked down far longer than we needed to be.
the borders should have been shut last March and quarantine hotels introduced for travellers from ALL countries. Still not happening.
as for letting people go on holiday to european countries and then import more cases only for them to mutate :banghead:
then there was the eat out to die out fiasco. it would have been better to have had a tougher initial lockdown, have test and trace in place and open up the economy in this country. thousands of lives and jobs would have been saved.

gazzatt2
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

I never understood when it first emerged in Wuhan and would easily be transmitted daily flights from Wuhan to the UK were still being allowed and with no checking of anyone on those flights
lost my sister in law to it this week other than being overweight and 64 no other health issues lived near King Lyn in a small village not a dense populated area

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3443
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm
I never understood when it first emerged in Wuhan and would easily be transmitted daily flights from Wuhan to the UK were still being allowed and with no checking of anyone on those flights
lost my sister in law to it this week other than being overweight and 64 no other health issues lived near King Lyn in a small village not a dense populated area
Sorry to hear that mate, it seems like this current wave is hitting closer to a lot of peoples homes.

I don't mind shielding until my second jab. It's been large swathes of the last year now at home with daily exercise, and a few months in the scheme of things isn't a huge sacrifice for me anyway. The worst thing about this is not being able to have a beer with mates or go out to a nice restaurant. Plus the meetups at the footy of course which has always been a large part of my social life. It's quite literally the easiest way to meet up with friends that come from all over the country to support the lads.

gazzatt2
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

thank you
I have been at home since March18th and was careful were I went after the lockdown was eased in August
and could predict what would happen when the schools and unis were reopened
I really miss the prematch breakfast in a licensed cafe/restaurant with my mates i

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49981
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:26 pm
The last few comments on here really does show what a bunch of ignorant fucking morons there are in this country.

Ok so you get to choose - so what?
No one knows right now exactly which is best so I will have whatever is given to me.
However that is not the point. Clinical trials of ALL vaccines must show that they are safe and effective before any vaccine can be authorised or approved for use. This is the case with both vaccines available here in the UK.

Not only are you protecting yourself by having the vaccine it is highly likely that the more people that take it the less transmissible the virus becomes. You are therefore protecting others by having the vaccine.

Vaccinations have a greater effect on a population if the majority of people have undergone it.
The more people don’t have the vaccine the more likely it is to flare up again in the future.

So stop fuckng around, shut up and just take it.
The more you argue the stupider you look. No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it.




Over here we have been saying that about ye for years 8) :wink: :lol: :lol:
You undermine your whole pisstake by the use of "ye". :oops: :roll:

The word is "you" ffs. :roll: :banghead:

Fucking bald swamp donkey uncle molester. :box:

:D :wink:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49981
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm
I never understood when it first emerged in Wuhan and would easily be transmitted daily flights from Wuhan to the UK were still being allowed and with no checking of anyone on those flights
lost my sister in law to it this week other than being overweight and 64 no other health issues lived near King Lyn in a small village not a dense populated area
Sorry for your loss buddy. I just feel so many of these deaths were avoidable and I hate this braindead cop out statement of "well x amount of people die every year from cancer what's the difference".

The difference mainly is you cannot catch cancer through the ignorance of other people.

It's tough to isolate but stick with it. Keep safe.

Clummo99
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clummo99 »

Jab done, just sitting in the waiting room to be released after my 15 minutes.

Have to say fantastic organisation and procedures all done by volunteers.

Feels like my blood pressure has gone through
the roof though. Stressed!! :lol:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49981
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 pm
Jab done, just sitting in the waiting room to be released after my 15 minutes.

Have to say fantastic organisation and procedures all done by volunteers.

Feels like my blood pressure has gone through
the roof though. Stressed!! :lol:
Glad you got sorted buddy. Hope you stay well. 8)

gazzatt2
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm
I never understood when it first emerged in Wuhan and would easily be transmitted daily flights from Wuhan to the UK were still being allowed and with no checking of anyone on those flights
lost my sister in law to it this week other than being overweight and 64 no other health issues lived near King Lyn in a small village not a dense populated area
Sorry for your loss buddy. I just feel so many of these deaths were avoidable and I hate this braindead cop out statement of "well x amount of people die every year from cancer what's the difference".

The difference mainly is you cannot catch cancer through the ignorance of other people.

It's tough to isolate but stick with it. Keep safe.
thank you

gazzatt2
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 pm
Jab done, just sitting in the waiting room to be released after my 15 minutes.

Have to say fantastic organisation and procedures all done by volunteers.

Feels like my blood pressure has gone through
the roof though. Stressed!! :lol:
I didn't have to wait 15 minutes nurse chatted for about two minutes (fancied me in my mask :D ) vaccines card given to me good to go

I wonder if they know if people will have a reaction in the first few minutes

Post Reply