Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/11/arsenal- ... -12544602/

Personally I am quite happy to hear this. It might be a way to get rid of the deadwood but conversely might also mean other big clubs sniffing around out best players.

The thought of Ozil sitting there on £350k a week doing fuck all while people are risking their lives on a fraction of his salary, makes me wanna puke.

Almunia is a clown

Re: Arsenal players told qualify for the CL or take a pay cut

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: Should have been done years ago! :banghead:

If whenever the league starts again, we start to pick up more wins instead of giving away draws all the fécking time, there might be a chance of finishing in 4th place. :shock:

Dunno if 20 points from 10 games is enough, probably need more than that, but with anything more, we would be at least in with a chance. :rubchin:

It's a long way off & we don't know in what order games will be played.

Home
Leicester
Norwich
Lerpwl :lol:
Watford

Away
Citeh
Brighton
Southampton
Wolves
Middlesex Swamp Dwellers :cussing:
Villa

Midz

Post by Midz »

They all should've been told this when they signed their contracts.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Whilst it would be nice to cut the wage bill, I fear we would lose a lot of players as if we cut their wages there will always be some one out there that won't.

Players have the power not the clubs.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Depends on who goes I suppose , The club apparently have been trying to shift Elneny , Mhkitarian , Ozil and Mustafi in the last windows and if as it seems they need to save £25 million for not qualifying then letting those go for next to nothing might make sense. Add in Kolasinac and Sokratis or Luiz and your up to 50 Million .
How they divvie this lot up to keep the kids that will want more is for the brokers to work out but if it's clear out we want this might be the way to get it.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:23 am
Whilst it would be nice to cut the wage bill, I fear we would lose a lot of players as if we cut their wages there will always be some one out there that won't.

Players have the power not the clubs.
Yeah right name me one club who would take Ozil off our hands . Just to remind you since lockdown he has pocketed £1.4m pounds.Thats obscene

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I just don’t know what to believe these days. Supposedly Mhikitarian is on 200k a week and Roma are happy to pay 10m for him yet we won’t budget on our 25m asking price?? :shock: :?
If we wanted rid of some of these players we could do it but I just don’t think we are ruthless enough and are too greedy.

TeeCee

‘Elite’ PL club losing 9m a week

Post by TeeCee »

I think it’s Arsenal. Not only does the story come from John Cross (repeated in several papers) but we lose money each season if we don’t sell a few players. Our wage costs are Sky high considering we are basically shit! If it is us, we are well and truly fucked if we end up selling our best players just to balance books again. :banghead:

IW8Goalmachine

Re: ‘Elite’ PL club losing 9m a week

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Might be the only way we get rid of wiggy

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I thought it was the scum. New ground they can't afford, all this talk of having to sell the ugly, illiterate, diving, mumbing chav and the fist to suspend their workers. Wouldn't surprise me if it's them.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 am

Exactly 8)

Before teecee suggested it was our club, I was wondering how the fcuk can any club be losing 9m a week in the richest league in the world :? If it is that are losing that money, then wenker and slimy gazidas should be brought back and executed in front of the stadium, cos those ridiculous deals to sub-standard shite is still crippling us :evil: :censored: :censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal squad told 25 of 27 agreed cuts up to 12.5% for 1yr. No min/max needed (#AFC wanted all for harmony/savings or at least majority) so will proceed to 📝 with whoever accepted. Possible statement later, more on @TheAthleticUK pod that’s out tomorrow: https://t.co/AXiyHbIKoN

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 am
It's hard to think of any positives that will emerge from the pandemic, but this would be an almighty consolation prize. I've hoped and prayed for a decade that this c.unt's investment would go up in smoke and if it meant doing a Sunderland and going down two divisions to get rid of the prick, so be it. I truly hope he loses every single penny and we start again

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror claim Mesut Ozil has refused to join #Arsenal’s players in taking a 12.5% pay cut. Ozil. has made it clear he may be willing to do it in the future but wanted to see the full financial impact of the coronavirus & did not want to rush into a decision. https://t.co/GGWYUWhETo

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry TeeCee.... merging this one with the players pay cut thread - basically the same content.