Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

Post by rodders999 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:52 pm
That kick in the face by Vardy wasn't accidental. You could tell it was a sly kick the way he swung his legs around.

Incompetent officials and Vardy is an nuclear cunt!
https://twitter.com/conor_m_reidy/statu ... 1/video/1‬

Nothing to see here, move along :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Next time the ref goes to look at the stupid funking monitor and cheat, I'd love someone to pull the plug out or smash the screen.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:52 pm
That kick in the face by Vardy wasn't accidental. You could tell it was a sly kick the way he swung his legs around.

Incompetent officials and Vardy is an nuclear cunt!
https://twitter.com/conor_m_reidy/statu ... 1/video/1‬

Nothing to see here, move along :roll:
Sneaky little shitbag knew exactly what he was doing. Why can’t this be looked at after the game? Even though it won’t help us now, he should receive a ban for that.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Forget the crap ref. We should have buried them in the first half. Lacozette must start on the bench against Scum & play Pepe instead.
Feel sorry for Eddy 'cos it did look like he was going for the ball. If he had won that challenge he would have been away. Fuck the Ref !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Ray C wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:01 am
Forget the crap ref. We should have buried them in the first half. Lacozette must start on the bench against Scum & play Pepe instead.
Feel sorry for Eddy 'cos it did look like he was going for the ball. If he had won that challenge he would have been away. Fuck the Ref !. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Never been a fan of Lacazette, had a purple patch last season, other than that his finishing is poor. Missed a couple of great chances against atleticlo in elge semi finals, which would have put us in the final.
His biggest attribute was his work rate, but now that’s gone, we’re left with a bag of shite!
Easy to see why Giroud always kept him out of the French national team, although I’m sure others will cite other reasons other than his crapness!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Red or not, Nketiah let us down. It was beyond stupid to lunge in like an idiot.

Lacazette let us down, again. Missed a hatful of chances. He cannot keep getting a start for fucks sake, his lack of confidence is an embarrassment.

Mustafi switched off for their goal. It was a brilliant ball but he was caught sleeping and Vardy got half a yard on him. Compare that with the number of times their CBs managed to slide in and get a block/touch on a ball across the box that would have been slotted home otherwise.

VAR is shit - anybody can see that even if you actually agree with all of these decisions. It is just taking the inconsistency of refs who have the excuse of things happening at a million miles an hour in front of them and replacing it with the inconsistency of some wankers sitting in a cabin somewhere.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The more times I watch that Vardy incident , its 100% an intentional kick in the face, he has a little look just before he kicks Mustafi.

Seems to be OK for other teams to constantly foul us without recriminations, but then we pick up bookings for similar fouls.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Vardy is a dirty little fucker and shouldve been off :censored: Eddies was never a red but by lunging in he gave them the opportunity to fuck us over,which they were always going to take let's be honest..And finally just to twist the knife in the goal was offside when you watch it slowed down the ball changes direction ffs just by a bawhair but a bawhair still counts :| to top it off the wee ringpiece who scored shouldn't have even been on the pitch :banghead:
Fuck the bent ref and fuck var oh and fuck the sky commentary mob the arseholes.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

VAR isn't credible, if proof was ever needed then it was got last night. Sky are not impartial, if proof was ever needed then it was got last night.
Should have wrapped it up first half. Lacazette slows forward movement down in a way similar to Ramsey. He turns too slowly in possession. Aubameyang must start as an out and out striker. Saka and Pepe either side. Disappointing to drop two points, but dare I say "special circumstances "?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Woke up feeling massively pissed off after that.

Frustrated that we should have had them dead and buried by half time, frustrated that they got that late equaliser by that fucking absolute RAT and fuming that yet again we see a carbon copy refereeing performance whereby teams are given licence to foul and disrupt our game with zero consequences.

It can’t be a coincidence that we’re seeing this pretty much every single game with different officials. Question is why?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest i've never really bought into the biased referee thing however this season has been utterly atrocious, i think it was Ayew at CP committed 7 fouls against our players didn't receive a single booking, PEA commited an admittedly late tackle and got sent off for it. These inconsistencies in the officiating have marred this season more than most, there are many examples that can be shown. Even one of the Geordies i work with has commented on it to me.

The problem is and always will be the independence of the PGMO and Referees Association, they are not answerable to anyone but themselves and it shows. There is no transparency in their operations and there is no way to prove impartiality or lack of it.

Then you have the pundits always going on about how difficult a referees job must be in 'the modern game', the same pundits by the way, the majority of whom, would have bitched and moaned about referees throughout their entire careers but have suddenly had an epiphany since they've retired.... ex-footballers are the same holier than though *word censored* as ex-smokers :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Kavanagh on the pitch , Attwell in his ear for 3 minutes .
Question , Who was in Atwell's ear ?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:27 am
Kavanagh on the pitch , Attwell in his ear for 3 minutes .
Question , Who was in Atwell's ear ?
Mike Dean :cussing:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

As Muzz says, I've always tried not to blame refs, unless there's outright, clear impartiality, but there's been a pattern going back 20 years. When we had the great side from '98 to 2004, it was the same in every game...our players would be kicked all over the park at the start of the match and no one would be booked. At best a little talking to from the ref if the same bloke committed 3 or 4 fouls, until he'd eventually book one of them after about 25 minutes. Then, one of our players would commit an innocuous foul for the first time and be instantly booked, as the ref had turned to yellow card mode. It was then odds on that one of ours would be sent off.

This carried on for years under Wenger and I think his whinging manner and Fergie's constant depiction of us as prima donnas that didn't "like it up 'em" was largely behind it. I thought it would pass once the Fraud was gone, but last night was as bad as ever. How Leicester ended up with no cards at all is anyone's guess...Evans got away with murder and Bennett committed two blatant and cynical body checks to stop the runner, both yellows, but got no card.

Eddie was harshly dealt with. It was a rash challenge, but there was no intent and minimal contact. It was a yellow and a talking to for sure, but no more. As the ref upgraded from yellow to red, I believe the club can contest it and they should. If I'm honest, I won't mind Eddie missing the scum game, because I suspect that Arteta might have started him and imo, he's neither ready nor good enough yet for that. I hear all the criticism of Lacazette and it's not unreasonable, but I'd rather see him play against that lot.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Away from the refereeing decisions, we should have had the game wrapped up by half time. If you don't take your chances against decent sides, then nine times out of ten, you'll live to regret it. One goal is never enough and certainly not with our shaky defence.

On the plus side, Tierney is looking like the honest and hard working full back that we haven't had for years. Impressed by the quality of crosses he whips in across the 6 yard line and our forwards need to be alive to them. Martinez is a revelation so far...commands his box and has good handling. We've only ever seen glimpses of him before, so it's good to be able to judge him in a run of games and I can't remember when we last had two decent keepers. Saka looking good in patches for a youngster and brilliant the way he sat Evans on his arse and picked out Auba. Ceballos...I doubt we'll be keeping him, but I want him to be a success. There's a player in there imo and he performed well last night.

For the negatives, well, my old mate Xhaka never lets me down. DB10 pointed out a couple of his early and typical fuck ups, but this bloke seems to slide under the radar of most of the commentators. They seem to know that he's crap, but don't highlight his glaring errors. He lost possession in the second half when we were 1-0 up and it led directly to Vardy setting up Iheanacho, who should have scored. For their goal, Mustafi is getting stick, not entirely unfairly, but take a look at how Xhaka allows Gray to get the cross in. He lumbers like a fucking dinosaur and makes no effort to stop the cross, but no one mentions it. The bloke is a complete liability and must be a nightmare to play alongside. Imo, Guendouzi, Torriera and Ceballos are decent players, but many supporters have doubts about all of them. I'd suggest that the common denominator undermining all of them, is that they're invariably having to play alongside a complete muppet. We will NEVER achieve anything with Xhaka in the middle of the park. It's bad enough carrying a liabilty in any position, but it's impossible in centre mid, because you can't cover for it.

I also struggle with some of Arteta's substitutions. What's this thing about Willock? Average at best and contributes very little when playing, to the point where you can forget he's on the pitch. He added nothing last night and I couldn't see the point in taking off Saka, who didn't appear to be flagging and is far more of a threat and covers at the back better. It was also dangerous to take off Auba for AMN, as it removed the chance of an out ball and just invited them on even more. Imo, if you're down to 10, you have to keep a quick bloke up front, just to keep the other side on their toes and prevent them piling forward without a care. Did I ever tell you lot that I've been in football for 30 years ?? :lol:
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.