The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just received this email about changes to the cup final ticket policy. I know the system up until now was open to abuse with away credit hoarding and not attending matches but this seems a bit unfair in that if you can't attend and put it on ticket exchange, it still doesn't count according to the FAQs. I know it's not always great but if you have a season ticket, pay for it in advance and then don't go, well, that's your business and your money. Anyway, here's the email:

We are changing our approach to how priority tickets are allocated for FA Cup Semi-Finals and Finals, League Cup Finals and European Cup Finals, should we reach them. It follows consultation with supporters’ groups, including the AST and AISA, discussion with the Fans’ Forum and is based on consistent feedback over several seasons from many supporters.

From the start of the upcoming 2021/22 season, priority access to purchase tickets for these matches will be based on Gold and Platinum members’ home attendance, which will be recorded and illustrated in the My Arsenal Rewards portal.

This replaces the current scheme, in which priority Cup Final access has been based on a qualifying number of away matches attended over a period of several seasons. Given the very limited number of available away tickets and the very high level of demand for each away match, we recognise the difficulty many of our fans have in accumulating away credits.

Our change in approach ensures that more fans will have the opportunity to secure tickets to domestic and European Cup Finals.

For detailed information on how the new policy will work, including an FAQ section, please click here.

Our Fan Services team is also available to answer any questions – they can be contacted on +44 (0)20 7619 5000 and [email protected].

Thank you, as always, for your fantastic support.

Arsenal Football Club

rodders999

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by rodders999 »

Just renewed my Silver & JG memberships for the new season, there's nowt so queer as folk :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am

We are changing our approach to how priority tickets are allocated for FA Cup Semi-Finals and Finals, League Cup Finals and European Cup Finals, should we reach them.

Our change in approach ensures that more fans will have the opportunity to secure tickets to domestic and European Cup Finals.

European Cup Finals? :rubchin:

As a silver member I have got tickets for all the FA Cup Semis and the last League Cup final. And could have got a UEFA Europa final in Baku if I wanted it. Only finals I have missed are the FA Cup finals since 2005. Prior to that I always got tickets for them as well with the silver membership or the programme coupons.

Even FA Cup final tickets aren’t as hard to come by as they used to be. Mrs. ArrGee got freebie corporate for 2019 final and turned them down as we couldn’t be bothered. Bit similar with Wimbledon this week. Debenture tickets now less than £1,000 for men’s final. Women’s final less than £500.

Suspect prawn circle at Arsenal will be less busy this season. £450 for Norwich; £960 for Scum. No thanks.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

So after 8 years of waiting I finally got the opportunity to purchase 2 Season Tickets today. Only upper tier available, but settled on block 108 as it was the closest I could get to the front without venturing into the premium priced sideline upper tier seats.

I must be mad but Im really happy and excited for the upcoming season. Hoping I might be able to sneak down to lower tier next season but il fight that battle when it comes around.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Justinsaid wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:35 pm
So after 8 years of waiting I finally got the opportunity to purchase 2 Season Tickets today. Only upper tier available, but settled on block 108 as it was the closest I could get to the front without venturing into the premium priced sideline upper tier seats.

I must be mad but Im really happy and excited for the upcoming season. Hoping I might be able to sneak down to lower tier next season but il fight that battle when it comes around.
Hope it works out for you mate. 8)

My mate had two season tickets in Club Level the first two or three seasons when the Conglomerates opened and our group of mates used them but while the view was superb on the halfway line, CL was boring as hell. My mate then changed to the only other season ticket available at the time, Upper tier about 20 rows back from the front! It was like watching subuteo! He was negotiating changing to the lower tier when the idiot got married and that was the end of him being a season ticket holder! :lol:

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

I think I was fortunate to get Row 6 at this late stage. Most of the available seats were in the back few rows of North Bank/Clock End.

The classic death by marriage, happens to the best of us :-D

perrygrovesworld

New Season Ticket is a Visa Prepayment Card

Post by perrygrovesworld »

My new season ticket (apologies, membership card) has arrived and it doubles up as an Arsenal Rewards Visa pre-payment card.

I knew we were getting upgraded cards but didn't know why at first.

Now I know.

No mention or picture of the ground on the front. The only link on the front of the card to Arsenal is the badge.

For what must be reasons of security, there's a hologram of a Crystal Palace - like eagle on the back.

The Club's link to football becomes ever weaker.

P.

BobbyPires7

Re: New Season Ticket is a Visa Prepayment Card

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Also got it today. No mention of seat number, block etc. Just a credit card basically.

perrygrovesworld

Post by perrygrovesworld »

Seat details are in smallprint on the back of the card but the card itself and the idea behind it are a shocker.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Anyone willing to have a season ticket a decade or so into Kroenke,s reign should not be surprised by this.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:27 pm
Anyone willing to have a season ticket a decade or so into Kroenke,s reign should not be surprised by this.
Sorry your majesty.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

You can use your phone as well now , just put it in your wallet

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Not that dissimilar to the first card when we moved away from the old paper books and all subsequent ST cards since. They were all practically prepaid cards that you "topped up" when you bought your season ticket.

Only difference now is they've outsourced it to Visa.

Don't see the problem myself.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Into the second round of the EFL Cup (Southern Section), away at West Brom. Golly!

That's scuppered Stan on the first potential cup-tie credit!

With no Europe, can't f about in this cup like usual!

Up to last season had the same plastic season ticket since 2005 and the seat number had worn way, so good to get something new. Not sure if you need to provide NHS app evidence of double-jab to get in to Chelsea match next Sunday though?

BobbyPires7

Ticket Demand

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Just been contacted by Arsenal offering me up to 4 tickets for the Chelsea game on friends and family scheme. Twitter is reporting thousands of tickets unsold.

Chickens are coming home to roost. :twisted: