The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by Gunner Rob »

If this situation doesn’t persuade Kroenke to sell up then nothing will!

Financially we are in massive trouble.
I really don’t see many people being allowed into the stadium at all this coming season.

Eboue-Why?

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Come on boys where’s your loyalty? Mesut needs his wages so ffs cough up

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:08 pm
I will be taking a season off, the first time since 1989 without a season ticket. Don't trust Arsenal to offer a "socially distanced solution" with 20 or 30,000 in the stadium.

I use my mates season tickets these days, and the club hasn't contacted him yet.
Wait till November/December mate when we're 20 points off the top - natural social distancing has been happening inside the bowl for years now :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

ST email received today which reads as folllows:-

"We won’t be asking you to renew and pay the full amount of your season ticket until we have clarity on when we will return to full capacity matches. However, you now have the option to make an Initial Payment towards the balance of your 2020/21 season ticket which will qualify you to enter the balloting process for the reduced capacity games.

The Initial Payment is equivalent to the behind closed doors credit and any unused cup tie credits from the 2019/20 season. Any combination of this 2019/20 credit, any accumulated ticket exchange monies and / or a debit or credit card can be used to make the Initial Payment. This will amount to £298.06.

It is important to note, you are not obliged to make the Initial Payment, and you have the option to take a season ticket holiday. However, if you wish to be included in the ballot for the 2020/21 season, you are required to make the Initial Payment towards your season ticket by 5pm (UK) on Thursday 10 September."

Not a particularly attractive offer.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Most expensive lottery ticket I’ve ever heard of!! Typical Arsenal TBH! :shock: :roll:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:47 pm
…you have the option to take a season ticket holiday.
No similar option for silver members. Renew it or lose it. An offer I can’t refuse :twisted: :roll:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

What did the £59 paid for my Silver Membership get me this season? I had a check on the website and it definitely did not live up to its billing...

Membership Pack Well I did pay £10 extra for this over the Silver Lite membership, so I should get it

Welcome to your Official Arsenal Membership Pack for Season 2020/21

The Arsenal Membership Pack will include:

• The Official Handbook for Season 2020/21

• Exclusive Playing Cards

• Arsenal Pin Badge

• Arsenal Face Mask

Exclusive member discount on retail for Season 2020/21

Enjoy 10% off retail online at Arsenal Direct, on Stadium Tours, and in-store all season.

Your discount is available from the point at which you renew or purchase your membership for Season 2020/21. To claim your online 10% discount on Arsenal retail, or Stadium Tours, register for an account on Arsenal Direct using the same email address as used to set up your membership account. Once you are logged in, your discount will automatically be applied in the basket.

This is barely a benefit and not something I would pay £49 for. I would have to spend £490 in the Arsenal store to justify this! I didn’t. If I had spent £490 in the club store, even with a 10% discount, it is obvious the store is the true beneficiary.

Members Events None happened

As a valued member of Arsenal Football Club you are invited to exclusive Member events organised throughout the season at Emirates Stadium

Members' DayDidn’t Happen

Thousands of Members can come and watch the manager put his players through their paces at an open training session. This is followed by interactive player chats with Members as well as other activities.

Away screenings and chances to meet the players or legendsDidn’t Happen

Throughout the season Members can attend screenings for non-televised Arsenal away games in our luxurious Club level lounges. At certain screenings Members will also be able to put their questions forward to attending players or legends.

Membership Rewards Eventsdidn’t happen

During the season, Members will get the chance to enter into exciting competitions and have the chance to win Prizes.Only at Christmas and I “won” a couple of shopping bags along with a face mask, a bobble hat and a water bottle. My wife laughed when she saw it. I almost cried. Perhaps I can bring it all to the store and get the value of it refunded.

Members will also get the chance to attend events sponsored by the clubs official Partners. – Didn’t Happen

MEMBERSHIP REWARDS None of this happened It dates backs to 2018!

DAN, WINS A SIGNED ARSENAL HOME SHIRT! - At least two seasons ago from the look of the shirt. no email this season

"I won a competition! I’ve never won anything like this before so a big thank you to @Arsenal and the players for sending me this signed shirt. A good end to the year, hopefully next year will be even better. Onwards and upwards #COYG."

ROBERT WINS A SIGNED ARSENAL FOOTBALL! - At least two seasons ago, no email this season

“I saw the email advertising the competition to win a signed 1st team ball and decided to add my entry not thinking much of it as you never win these types of competitions. To my real surprise, shortly afterwards I received an email congratulating me on winning the signed football. The ball was delivered the next day and is now pride of place in my living room.”

MEMBERS VISIT THE ARSENAL TRAINING CENTRE! Didn’t happen

On Tuesday 19 November 2019, 30 adult Arsenal Members won the chance to visit the Arsenal Training Centre at London Colney.

WHAT IS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS?

As a thank you for your incredible support, Membership Rewards give our fans exclusive access to a range of monthly prizes. These are available to all our Members, with more to come throughout the 2020/21 season. Scroll down to see all the rewards currently on offer. – I did there aren’t any.

MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIP

Arsenal Membership gives you access to a range of exclusive benefits, including priority ticket access, subscription to Arsenal Player, a welcome pack and access to Members' events with the first team squad. Digital Membership is free - find out more at the link below. – Arsenal Player is FREE, so not a benefit

MEMBERS ENJOY THE ARSENAL QUIZ NIGHT!Didn’t happen and the last one was two years ago

Hosted in the Woolwich Suite at Emirates Stadium, 180 Arsenal Members took part in this exclusive Arsenal Quiz Night run by Membership Rewards. If you missed the Arsenal Members Quiz Night on Thursday 4 July 2019, you will not want to miss the next one!

STACEY BAGS TWO TICKETS TO WATCH ARSENAL AT HOME!Definitely didn’t happen

“We had a great time and to see 5 goals was just the icing on the cake! I never win anything, so it was a lovely surprise. It’s Colin’s birthday tomorrow so I claimed it as an early birthday treat :)

EMIRATES FANS' CUP 2018This is THREE years ago

In the Emirates Fans Cup, Membership Rewards invited Arsenal members to Emirates Stadium for a tournament, with some special prizes at stake

As an Arsenal Member, you have free and unlimited access to Arsenal Player, our online video channel. – it is FREE! It is NOT a benefit.

When you register as a Member simply login at arsenal.com/player using your Membership number and password and you will have access to all of the following content throughout the season:

• Highlights and full match replay of all first‐team games

• Live audio commentary on the Breakdown Live matchday show

• Detailed match analysis with ex Gunner Adrian Clarke in The Breakdown

• Exclusive interviews with Mikel and the first‐team players

This is exactly what silver members got for their £59 this season . I was coerced into paying £59 to retain my silver membership.

What a sucker.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

When is this all happening for 2021/22?

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I wonder if anyone can help me out with a quick question.

I borrow a silver membership and use it to go with my two kids (who both have their own JG membership). Obviously we did not go to any games for the past year. However I am living in hope that we can go back this year. However does anyone know how using someone else's card will work in the covid era? Will people have to show ID to prove they are the member, to aid track and trace etc? A scum friend reckons that they are doing away with cards and entry is in an e-ticket which is linked to your phone so cannot be traded like a card?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m a season ticket holder but went to the Brighton game on a comp ticket. I received an email link to give the equivalent of Advance Passenger Information like going on a flight. Going into the ground was like something you would see at a concert and they checked ID for sure.

So the challenge is if you got a ticket to a game you would need to fill in the details in advance. From what I could see the club was less bothered about who was using the ticket as long as they said who they were in advance and ID was shown to match.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm still reeling over the club pulling my pants down last season and trousering my silver membership when shit loads of people didn't pay at all :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:14 am
I'm still reeling over the club pulling my pants down last season and trousering my silver membership when shit loads of people didn't pay at all :roll:

From reading your comments on here, I doubt if they are ever actually up :shock: :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 am
rodders999 wrote:

From reading your comments on here, I doubt if they are ever actually up :shock: :shock:

Augie that's quite funny considering you're such a miserable fucker :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

:lol:

I thought the same, although he has previous in trying to groom me :wink:

Vinai pulled my pants down and charged me 50 quid for my troubles, what a fucking liberty :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:19 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

:lol:

I thought the same, although he has previous in trying to groom me :wink:

Vinai pulled my pants down and charged me 50 quid for my troubles, what a fucking liberty :banghead:
You fucking loved it you dirty little bitch. :D :wink: