The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

Post by rodders999 »

First off what a fucking thread title, outdone yourself there Roddaz old boy.

The emails went out today, not quite the renewal mail but a kind of a brace yourself Rodney I’m about to loosen the chandelier and everything is about to get massively fucked up mail.

Word on the street is that there’s going to be no price reduction despite the fact you won’t be able to attend many/any games and some memberships (silver) may even go up in price. :shock:

What’s the point in becoming a member for something can’t buy? Answers on a postcard to yours truly at OG towers.

And this isn’t going to just affect us, the whole ticketing situation is going to cause a cluster fuck of a situation for all clubs?

So are we all gonna renew or what?

Peace.

IW8Goalmachine

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Stan's lubed up fist ready for insertion

nut flush gooner

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by nut flush gooner »

From what I gather the ST list has collapsed. That combined with a lack of football tourists for the foreseeable future will have a massive impact on matchday revenue when things finally get going again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Silver is now £59, can't remember what it was last year, can't find my mails. I'm not sure what the point of memberships is going to be for next season, if and it's a big if, we get to a stage where some fans are allowed in the ground at a much reduced capacity it will be ST holders that will get the nod - the rest of us have fuck all chance.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thankfully the bloke I lend my silver memberships too will gladly pick up the fee and if there are matches you can attend will put some credits on the account

I'll pay treble if it comes with an announcement that the wig wearing, odious cock has slung his hook

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Renewals are in....59 quid silver renewal for the privilege of not being able to buy any tickets......what a bargain :barscarf:

I go Lite anyways so it's just 49 quid down the shitter for me along with whatever a couple of JG memberships will set me back.

Oh and there's the added bonus of 10% off at the armory or online when you renew so spending 49 pounds to get 10% off at the shop seems an incredible deal to me....take all my fucking monies :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Renewals are in....59 quid silver renewal for the privilege of not being able to buy any tickets......what a bargain :barscarf:

I go Lite anyways so it's just 49 quid down the shitter for me along with whatever a couple of JG memberships will set me back.

Oh and there's the added bonus of 10% off at the armory or online when you renew so spending 49 pounds to get 10% off at the shop seems an incredible deal to me....take all my fucking monies :barscarf:
I would have expected a small credit on the silver membership from last season.

It is a bit of a trap. I am reluctant to give the 2 silver memberships up as it is the only way I will get tickets at any point in the future. But there is probably no chance of buying tickets this coming season. So I guess I will pay £108 for the membership pack...

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

arrgee wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:53 pm
I would have expected a small credit on the silver membership from last season.

It is a bit of a trap. I am reluctant to give the 2 silver memberships up as it is the only way I will get tickets at any point in the future. But there is probably no chance of buying tickets this coming season. So I guess I will pay £108 for the membership pack...
The official reply. To retain your silver membership, pay up.

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your query regarding renewals for the 20/21 season.

As you mention, we do indeed acknowledge that some members primarily use their membership to attempt to purchase tickets to home fixtures, as opposed to the other benefits that it includes.

Regarding the new 20/21 season, the renewal period was delayed in line with the extended 19/20 Season, and delayed 20/21 Season. Furthermore, upon opening renewals, we have suspended any deadline to renew until we have more clarity around government guidelines on fans returning to stadiums.

With regards to your membership for the 20/21 Season, we are currently offering refunds to those who have already had the fee taken by direct debit, with no obligation to renew at a specific time until more information is known. We will however confirm that to maintain your silver membership, you would be required to renew before the close of the 20/21 Season or before any deadline introduced at a later date.

We hope this answers your query and will be happy to help with any further questions you may have.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have seen zip on season ticket renewals ,they must be struggling on just how to ask for cash whilst not offering refunds for last season without getting attacked in the street ,or perhaps their picking the personal body guards,or perhaps waiting for a few keynote signings b4 selling the silverware !
Whatever it is they will try their very best to gauge the supporters eyes out ,it's the Arsenal way don't you know !

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Herd wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:45 pm
I have seen zip on season ticket renewals ,they must be struggling on just how to ask for cash whilst not offering refunds for last season without getting attacked in the street ,or perhaps their picking the personal body guards,or perhaps waiting for a few keynote signings b4 selling the silverware !
Whatever it is they will try their very best to gauge the supporters eyes out ,it's the Arsenal way don't you know !
Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but on 22nd May, Gold members were offered a credit towards the 2020/21 season ticket in respect of 'unused' 2019/20 games, or access to a refund equal to that amount.

I have heard nothing since, unsurprisingly given there is no return date for supporters, but presume they will freeze prices whilst thanking the stars for the Europa league qualification.

In an ideal world, Gold membership would just be for league matches, rather than including 7 cup-ties, (excluding league cup) but then the stadium would be quarter-full for most cup matches, as opposed to being half-full, but with a recorded 'gate' of 60,001.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Block93 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 pm
Herd wrote:
Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but on 22nd May, Gold members were offered a credit towards the 2020/21 season ticket in respect of 'unused' 2019/20 games, or access to a refund equal to that amount.

I have heard nothing since, unsurprisingly given there is no return date for supporters, but presume they will freeze prices whilst thanking the stars for the Europa league qualification.

In an ideal world, Gold membership would just be for league matches, rather than including 7 cup-ties, (excluding league cup) but then the stadium would be quarter-full for most cup matches, as opposed to being half-full, but with a recorded 'gate' of 60,001.

Must admit that I am fully expecting the club to do it's damndest to somehow relieve STHs of the value of the 4 league refunds and 2 cup credits owed to us. I'm not sure how they are going to justify it but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't give it a go. Either some bigging up of the Ropey Cup or lots of rumours of big money signings which will simply turn out to be the next instalment for Pepe :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Block93 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 pm
Herd wrote:

Your right,just checked i didn't read it back then ,my bad . My natural cynicism towards the club (and life ) kicked in but we don't know what next years will cost . or do we ? It doesn't really bother me as I don't go anymore ,I've lost the bug of going after all these years , and am content to be a glory hunter !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I renewed my silver today for no real apparent reason.

Haven’t done my JG yet.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The magic model in place again for another year - someone else has picked up the Silver memberships for me, and the agreement is that they continue to do so and use the memberships however and whenever that like until that odious, wig wearing c.unt has fucked off

Once the season settles and we're 20 points off the pace by Christmas you can take your pick of ST holders offering you their seat anyway

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I will be taking a season off, the first time since 1989 without a season ticket. Don't trust Arsenal to offer a "socially distanced solution" with 20 or 30,000 in the stadium.

I use my mates season tickets these days, and the club hasn't contacted him yet.