The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:53 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 am
arrgee wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:13 am
Only club level available for Arsenal v Norwich. I guess they all have to be sold at £95 - £165 before any ticket exchange tickets can be made available. I suspect there will be far fewer season ticket renewals next year.
Is that really the case? I was looking at seat maps before the Chelsea game and there were thousands of unsold tickets in the upper tier right up to the last few days. And most worrying it went to general sale. The official attendance was 58,000 ish, I expect there to be a lot less turning up for Norwich including Season Ticket holders that won't bother.
So are we at the stage where you can just turn up on a Saturday afternoon and get a ticket ?
In the days of the internet no. You can buy a ticket right up to the day before online.
I don’t understand that if the game is not sold out ?
I thought that Arsenal FC was now a business - surely they should be allowing people to buy a ticket right up until kick off.
Arsenals new ticketing system meant they asked people to turn up 90 mins before KO for the Chelski game, do you think they have the technology to risk last minute purchases? They are relying on Apple Pay and G Pay working as well if people don't have printers. It didn't work for me.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am

Arsenals new ticketing system meant they asked people to turn up 90 mins before KO for the Chelski game, do you think they have the technology to risk last minute purchases? They are relying on Apple Pay and G Pay working as well if people don't have printers. It didn't work for me.
I think the 90 minutes beforehand is to sell more food & drink rather than about getting into the ground.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 am

Is that really the case? I was looking at seat maps before the Chelsea game and there were thousands of unsold tickets in the upper tier right up to the last few days. And most worrying it went to general sale. The official attendance was 58,000 ish, I expect there to be a lot less turning up for Norwich including Season Ticket holders that won't bother.
So are we at the stage where you can just turn up on a Saturday afternoon and get a ticket ?
In the days of the internet no. You can buy a ticket right up to the day before online.
I thought that Arsenal FC was now a business - surely they should be allowing people to buy a ticket right up until kick off.
So you are saying that new technology is less effective than how things worked 30-40 years ago?
How on earth did everyone get into Highbury for all those years with paper tickets ? :D

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

So you are saying that new technology is less effective than how things worked 30-40 years ago?
How on earth did everyone get into Highbury for all those years with paper tickets ? :D
Before seats, I reckon 10,000 could get in during the 15 minutes prior to kick off. And get change from turnstile operators.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Or squeeze two together .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm
Or squeeze two together .
Oooh Matron :wink: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

:lol: :lol:

VAR has demonstrated that very well. :wink:

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Before seating it literally was, pay and walkthrough. The ground would fill an hour before KO and there would be lockouts. In the 80s you had to turn up at noon to get in for a 3pm KO vs Pool or the spuds.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Before seating it literally was, pay and walkthrough. The ground would fill an hour before KO and there would be lockouts. In the 80s you had to turn up at noon to get in for a 3pm KO vs Pool or the spuds.
It was never that hard to get into North Bank. Most games didn’t sell out and even for the likes of Victims*, United and Scum, you would get in less than 30 minutes before kick off. I did get a standing season ticket in the 1980s to avoid the queues and use the turnstile reserved for season ticket holders.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’ve still got fuck all physical membership cards this year - silver and JG (got the digital alright).

Anyone else in the same boat or have they done me up the worng’un yet again.

First Ivan did me, then Vinai last year and now this. Isn’t there supposed to be some 10 quid adidas voucher sent out too? I didn’t get that either. Absolute C.UNTS :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I got my red membership card the other day - must have forgotten to cancel the direct debit :D

It looks more like a credit card than anything to do with football - seems like the club want me to spend some money :roll:
FUCK OFF !!

nut flush gooner

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:35 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
It was never that hard to get into North Bank. Most games didn’t sell out and even for the likes of Victims*, United and Scum, you would get in less than 30 minutes before kick off. I did get a standing season ticket in the 1980s to avoid the queues and use the turnstile reserved for season ticket holders.
1987, first game of the season vs Pool. 54,000 crowd and a lockout with about 30 mins to go before KO. Arsenal fans on the top of the north bank roof. Same happened vs the Spuds quite a few times, and if you wanted to stand in the middle of the North Bank, you had to get there at Noon to stand a chance. Even then the queue snaked round to Avenell Road.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:48 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

I think the 90 minutes beforehand is to sell more food & drink rather than about getting into the ground.
This. Nothing to do with entrance to the stadium; walked up to the queue 20 before KO and was in my seat as the players walked out so it seems all these "changes" and etc does not affect entrance.

Plus, we (I think) always had the please come in 90 min before. Though, this Apple Pay and GPay is very convenient but at the same not so for the folks that struggle with technology. For Chelsea game had to wait 20 min to get into the ground, 10 of that was people struggling to get their fucking Apple Pay or Google pay wallet thing working on their phone..

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:41 am
arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:35 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
1987, first game of the season vs Pool. 54,000 crowd and a lockout with about 30 mins to go before KO. Arsenal fans on the top of the north bank roof. Same happened vs the Spuds quite a few times, and if you wanted to stand in the middle of the North Bank, you had to get there at Noon to stand a chance. Even then the queue snaked round to Avenell Road.
That was a one off, looking at attendances in 1980s http://www.thearsenalhistory.com/stat/aftlu.htm many of the games against Victims*, Scum and Man U weren’t sell outs and had crowds of less than 40,000 on occasions.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Received emails this week inviting me to purchase a season ticket for each of my two children, but not for me. I haven't renewed their membership, but have renewed my silver level. If only they knew how much success Arsenal will have when I had a season ticket.