Villa vulvas A Tue 21st KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Villa vulvas A Tue 21st KO 815pm

Post by Clash »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am
One thing that's been overlooked in all of the shiteness of lastnight is that it's yet another season we've finished behind that shower of cockbadge ringpieces :cry:
That's 4 seasons now,oh how we used to laugh and say no matter how utterly shite we were we always finished above those bastards..now it's those fuckers saying that :oops: They are utter utter pish and they've finished above us yet again :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
True mate and it is shameful. But it could work out that in 2 of those 4 seasons we end up beating Chelsea to win the FA Cup so we will still have outshone those cockbadge ringpieces half the time during their golden era :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am
falkirk goon wrote:
One thing that's been overlooked in all of the shiteness of lastnight is that it's yet another season we've finished behind that shower of cockbadge ringpieces :cry:
That's 4 seasons now,oh how we used to laugh and say no matter how utterly shite we were we always finished above those bastards..now it's those fuckers saying that :oops: They are utter utter pish and they've finished above us yet again :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
True mate and it is shameful. But it could work out that in 2 of those 4 seasons we end up beating Chelsea to win the FA Cup so we will still have outshone those cockbadge ringpieces half the time during their golden era :barscarf:
I similarly console myself with the hope that they finish 7th and we win the FA Cup which wipes them out of Europe too

Wasn't as hard for me to bear under Pochettino as they were a decent side to be fair, but Yesterday's Man has taken them back a decade in under a year and they are shite. Still good enough to roll us over sadly during our massive improvement :oops: :oops:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:09 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:01 am
Far be it for me to come to the defence of the Emery fan club on here but a shot on target is defined as one that results in a goal or would have resulted in a goal if not saved by the keeper or blocked by another player.

Therefore a shot that hits the post/crossbar is not on target as the goal is the actual fucking target not its surrounds, you’re most welcome 8)

I could go into a sexaul analogy where you try to stick it one place but end up somewhere else but you lot don’t come on here for immature drivel like that 8)
That makes sense I suppose but to me as a footballer I'd be claiming I hit the target if I bust one off the crossbar so fuck your rules roddaz. :lol: :wink:

Similarly any hole that's warm and wet is a result. 8)
:lol: :lol:

As others have explained, hitting the woodwork (not sure when it was last made of wood to be fair) is most definitely not on target.

However I must admit to sometimes getting an extra bit of satisfaction from smacking one against the bar or post rather than actually scoring! It is far more dramatic. And the noise the ball hitting the post made often demonstrated the sheer raw power you had struck the ball with. Then it was your cue to hold your head in your hands with a feigned look of anguish on your face as you look to the heavens. Plus the sense of injustice you could live off in the pub afterwards.

Unless of course you had hit the post from what should have been an unmissable chance like Pepe did yesterday :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40 am
Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am
falkirk goon wrote:
I similarly console myself with the hope that they finish 7th and we win the FA Cup which wipes them out of Europe too

Wasn't as hard for me to bear under Pochettino as they were a decent side to be fair, but Yesterday's Man has taken them back a decade in under a year and they are shite. Still good enough to roll us over sadly during our massive improvement :oops: :oops:
Agreed mate :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 pm
Just read on Twitter that Villa suffered no shots on target against them in the Premier League for the first time since January 2016 when they played West Brom !

Make every excuse you want for copy cat Pep, but tonight was worse than anything served up under Wenger or Emery

No shots on goal - not against Barca or ManUre or Citeh....against a Villa team who fluked their way into the division and have let in 66 goals

The improvement continues!
Two things. How does a header hitting the inside of their upright not count as a shot on target? Not digging you out here SteveO as I've checked and in all the post match stat shit it says 0 shots on target. That to me is a bit disingenuous tbh....

if its not going in it can't be on target. i havent seen the incident but did it hit the post and keeper then saved it from going in or did it just hit post and bounce away? if the latter not on target. it has to be going in to be on target.
woops see rodders put this way more articulately and understandably for the majority on here than i ever could!
:D Not to worry mate you were both right. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:09 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:01 am
Far be it for me to come to the defence of the Emery fan club on here but a shot on target is defined as one that results in a goal or would have resulted in a goal if not saved by the keeper or blocked by another player.

Therefore a shot that hits the post/crossbar is not on target as the goal is the actual fucking target not its surrounds, you’re most welcome 8)

I could go into a sexaul analogy where you try to stick it one place but end up somewhere else but you lot don’t come on here for immature drivel like that 8)
That makes sense I suppose but to me as a footballer I'd be claiming I hit the target if I bust one off the crossbar so fuck your rules roddaz. :lol: :wink:

Similarly any hole that's warm and wet is a result. 8)
:lol: :lol:

As others have explained, hitting the woodwork (not sure when it was last made of wood to be fair) is most definitely not on target.

However I must admit to sometimes getting an extra bit of satisfaction from smacking one against the bar or post rather than actually scoring! It is far more dramatic. And the noise the ball hitting the post made often demonstrated the sheer raw power you had struck the ball with. Then it was your cue to hold your head in your hands with a feigned look of anguish on your face as you look to the heavens. Plus the sense of injustice you could live off in the pub afterwards.

Unless of course you had hit the post from what should have been an unmissable chance like Pepe did yesterday :roll:
Your second paragraph describes a reasonable chunk of my career as a footballer. :lol:

Your third paragraph describes augie's entire career. :D :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

does beg the question if the keeper makes a save but the ball was going over or wide anyway unbeknownst to the keeper is that counted as on target or not.

actually who cares we are still shit no matter.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 pm
Just read on Twitter that Villa suffered no shots on target against them in the Premier League for the first time since January 2016 when they played West Brom !

Make every excuse you want for copy cat Pep, but tonight was worse than anything served up under Wenger or Emery

No shots on goal - not against Barca or ManUre or Citeh....against a Villa team who fluked their way into the division and have let in 66 goals

The improvement continues!
It was an awful performance and Arteta deserves serious stick for sending out such an imbalanced, lacklustre team that failed to produce a single shot on target :x

As for whether it’s worse than anything served up by Emery or Wenger, personally I think I’ve seen worse down the years.

For me, Wenger losing 8-2 to Manure and 6-0(?) against Chavs was worse.

And of course Emery’s major flaw was at the other end and getting the team organised. As recently as this season, emery had a few horror stats himself. How about:
- in our first 13 games of the 2019/20 season, Emery’s Arsenal had conceded 225 shots :lol:
- by September 2019 we’d conceded more shots against us than any other club in Europe’s TOP 5 leagues :shock:
- in November 2019 we conceded 31 shots against relegation fodder Watford :oops:

I can understand your criticism of Arteta but surely you need to have some balance and accept that Emery was seriously struggling too? I liked Emery but his team was in freefall and neither Freddie or Arteta have managed to improve things. It’s been a horror show all season.
Not defending Emery but it was Wenger who paid £70m for the Chuckle brothers Mustafi and Xhaka.And he was left with a lazy fucker on £350k a week by Wenger who once he was given that contract retired from football. One thing Emery did was drop Ozil Mustafi Xhaka and Lacazette. Emery was beginning to clearout the dross.As soon as Arteta took over he reinstated all of them.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 am
If we win the cup we’ll have Thursday night football to look forward to next season so don’t write us off just yet SteveO. :wink:

Speaking of the cup that’s the biggest disappointment about last night for me even more so than the result. Six changes were made to the team last night, giving six lads an opportunity to stake a claim for a cup final start and all six were absolutely fucking SHIT.

As I said on the transfer thread I’m more excited about binning out players this summer than I am about signings, I’ll be ecstatic when some of those pricks get shipped out.

I have said that for 2 years but for a lot of fans, short term gains are considered more important :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 am
Not defending Emery but it was Wenger who paid £70m for the Chuckle brothers Mustafi and Xhaka.And he was left with a lazy fucker on £350k a week by Wenger who once he was given that contract retired from football. One thing Emery did was drop Ozil Mustafi Xhaka and Lacazette. Emery was beginning to clearout the dross.As soon as Arteta took over he reinstated all of them.
Agree with most of that mate but Emery didn’t drop xakha, did he?

Also, Lacazette played loads under Emery. Arteta has surely benched him more often? (Just a guess).

Anyway, from what I remember, Emery made xakha captain and, after telling the fans to fuck off, it was xakha who sulked and refused to play. I don’t think Emery disciplined him; instead he seemed to offer him space and support to get his head right.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:10 pm
rodders999 wrote:
If we win the cup we’ll have Thursday night football to look forward to next season so don’t write us off just yet SteveO. :wink:

Speaking of the cup that’s the biggest disappointment about last night for me even more so than the result. Six changes were made to the team last night, giving six lads an opportunity to stake a claim for a cup final start and all six were absolutely fucking SHIT.

As I said on the transfer thread I’m more excited about binning out players this summer than I am about signings, I’ll be ecstatic when some of those pricks get shipped out.
I have said that for 2 years but for a lot of fans, short term gains are considered more important :roll:
I don’t see it as either or.

When you’re in the middle of a season then it’s sensible to try and create a happy squad and use players as and when required, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be ruthless once the transfer window opens.

Must admit I’m worried we’ll keep a lot of the dross though. That’s going to be partly Arteta’s fault but we can’t ignore that our overpaid shite are going to be hard to shift in a COVID-19 summer :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just watched Villa's goal on SSN..Mings and Aubameyang were having a little chat and laugh waiting for the corner, Aubameyang was still stood there laughing while Mings was sprinting away to flick on the corner and create the goal . I know we are nothing without Aubameyang but that sort of lack of concentration should be long eradicated on the training ground.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:19 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:10 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I don’t see it as either or.

When you’re in the middle of a season then it’s sensible to try and create a happy squad and use players as and when required, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be ruthless once the transfer window opens.

Must admit I’m worried we’ll keep a lot of the dross though. That’s going to be partly Arteta’s fault but we can’t ignore that our overpaid shite are going to be hard to shift in a COVID-19 summer :(

I'd say that there are hundreds of columbian hitmen who have taken a financial blow on the back of covid, and they would probably solve some of our problems for less than it would have cost us 12 months ago. Obviously I am not advocating that course of action, but it is still worth keeping on the back burner if needed :rubchin: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

COVID-19 - the gift wrapped excuse for Arteta

Because of course before COVID-19 teams were literally on the phone to Emery every day with offers for Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil

Fuck me we've still got Elneny and Mkhitaryan- the latter on 180k per week

COVID-19 - hilarious!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:13 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 am
Agree with most of that mate but Emery didn’t drop xakha, did he?

Also, Lacazette played loads under Emery. Arteta has surely benched him more often? (Just a guess).

Anyway, from what I remember, Emery made xakha captain and, after telling the fans to fuck off, it was xakha who sulked and refused to play. I don’t think Emery disciplined him; instead he seemed to offer him space and support to get his head right.
That's all speculation and none of us were in the dressing room and will never know the true facts with Xhaka. Whether Emery dropped him or he refused to play, one thing is for certain and that he is happy to play now and that can only be because Arteta has indulged him in a way that Emery wouldn't.

If that was somehow worth it because he's suddenly a player transformed then I guess you will welcome that. If however you see the odd decent performance in amongst the same old ponderous, thick as pig shit displays like I do then I'd prefer Emery's approach over Arteta's regardless of what the circumstances were that saw him out of the side to start with