Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:48 am
Not so smug now are ya you fucking C.UUUUUUUUUUUUUNT :barscarf:

Love that picture. Gormless prick - wheres your stupid tweets now fuckface. 16 goalless games - pay back for this cock
Amazing hes not looking up to the sky, and cupping his ear the fucking Moron lampost

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:07 pm
Big love Emi. Well fucking deserved :barscarf:

Do like this guy, hes also got that professional streak and game awareness about him

So thats 2 decent keepers we now have, was always against signing helmet head the fucking chav mercenary

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:42 am
rodders999 wrote:

Do like this guy, hes also got that professional streak and game awareness about him

So thats 2 decent keepers we now have, was always against signing helmet head the fucking chav mercenary
Is he doing the old popcorn trick?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Anyone feeling a bit flat today? Like yesterday means nothing in the grand scheme of things and that an already tainted FA cup final with no fans in the ground wasn't really worth playing?

NOPE, me neither!! :barscarf: I am still buzzing from yesterday. Had far too many drinks last night ... not even sure some of it was stuff you're even meant to drink :oops: ... followed by one of the best nights sleep for ages.

Absolutely loved yesterday. Really great day and Auba's 2nd goal I could watch 1,000 times. Made that Zouma look like the overrated lump he is. And how nice is it to win the FA Cup without it coming at the price of you-know-who getting a new contract 8)

Some great post match pics posted on here too so hats off to Rodders and Bard. Girouds face is a picture :lol: Also the team photos are a joy to look at. Nobody can say these players didnt do it the hard way from the QF onwards.

Oh and I do believe young Eddie now has more medals than a certain fat-tongued diver who still resides at the filth up the road.

And finally I see that even Sid and SteveO are getting on. I love a happy ending :gayflag: :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Lets hope this is a platform to better things,yes we need some better players but for arteta to take this bunch of melts to a trophy so soon hopefully says alot about him and his skills as a manager. life after wenger truly began yesterday :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Am I the only one who thought that martinez looked as nervy as fcuk every time he had the ball at his feet yesterday ? At times he didnt seem to know what to do with it, and in second half he gave a pass out to luiz where he fired it at him knee height. Had no chance for the goal, made a couple of easy bog standard saves in first half and didnt really have a lot to do after that until last few minutes where he claimed some good high balls into our area

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

img][
Club legend and club bellend!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

img][
Club legend and club bellend!

Oops! Picture didn’t attach! Anyway it was Wrighty’s and Cole’s reaction to the second goal. Cashley looks sick. Fuckin good!
Watched MOTD highlights this morning and still buzzing!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:06 am
goonersid wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 am
The win seems to have united the fans, something which looked impossible in recent months.
Hopefully pick up a few signings and offload some of the chaff.
I think some of what we consider chaff, do figure in Arteta’s plans, ie Xhaka, gave his all yesterday though and if klopp can make henderson look a decent player? then I’ll give Xhaka a second chance to prove me wrong.
We all know we are miles away from challenging for the title, but top 4 and respectability in our league performances next season would imo be a hugely positive start.
Maybe sneak a charity shield win in a few weeks.
There's absolute no way he can fix all the issues in one window either so I can accept some of the shite staying and improving as long as the most desperate shortcomings are addressed

Let's face it - priority number 1 has to be Auba signing. Where would you look after that Sid? Say we can only sign 3 players for example

For me it has to be a centre half, a right back and a midfielder who scores goals. I think Arteta sees a winger and a defensive midfielder as priorities which also need addressing but I'd hate to see those other three positions neglected. I think he's happy with the RB situation with Bellerin and Cedric so he probably won't strengthen that area. I hope he's right in that regard as I don't rate either.

Anyway let's enjoy the cup win for now. I'm sure the next few weeks will prove without doubt what a prick Kroenke is, so I will just nurse the sore head a while longer !
Don’t we have a cb signed last summer out on loan? Would expect to see him come in, we need a creative midfielder, I don’t think Ceballos is worth the asking price, we’ve been linked with a few dozy plus cash moves?
I’d take Willian ahead of Coutinho, who looks a spent force to me.
I think Torreira, Sokratis, dozy and kolasinic will be shipped out, the loathesome Ozil will sit out his contract, I hope Arteta makes him train alone!
I fear Mustaphi will still be here ( I think Arteta values his experience) though hopefully only as a back up.
On the right back, I think he will give Bellerin a chance, the good thing is I don’t think he will tolerate any lack of effort or commitment.
Up front? I’ve never really like Lacazette and he is probably the only player to have gone backwards but still features since Arteta came in. So I would cash in on him, but I do wonder and believe Aubameyang likes him as a partner, so that could have a bearing on his future.
We also have the young brazilian to come back.
I apologise for the incoherence and spelling in this post, but my hangover has now reduced me to a wasted lump on the sofa!
My sister is coming for her dinner later and I’m supposed to be cooking, so I reckon “hair of the dog” will be taken shortly.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:41 pm
Redarmy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Am I the only one who thought that martinez looked as nervy as fcuk every time he had the ball at his feet yesterday ? At times he didnt seem to know what to do with it, and in second half he gave a pass out to luiz where he fired it at him knee height. Had no chance for the goal, made a couple of easy bog standard saves in first half and didnt really have a lot to do after that until last few minutes where he claimed some good high balls into our area
Overall since he came in he has done well...like i say a decent keeper

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:21 am
goonersid wrote:
The win seems to have united the fans, something which looked impossible in recent months.
I think some of what we consider chaff, do figure in Arteta’s plans, ie Xhaka, gave his all yesterday though and if klopp can make henderson look a decent player? then I’ll give Xhaka a second chance to prove me wrong.
We all know we are miles away from challenging for the title, but top 4 and respectability in our league performances next season would imo be a hugely positive start.
It's an incredibly important win because it's the first silverware since Wenger. His ghost won't be haunting the club anymore and we can move on.

As for xhaxa I can't see anyone improving a player that can't be arsed. He let the Chelsea midfielders stroll by him time and time again.
I agree....And it's more than what's highlighted, he's just not good enough. Positional play, passing, tackling, in the air....he ticks every box for the wrong reason. Terrible player, who has been given chance after chance after chance.......Nobody is improving him.

As for ALL those in the media and on social media whining about the ref.....Read the scoreboard....and next week you can read the history books. Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:06 am
goonersid wrote:
There's absolute no way he can fix all the issues in one window either so I can accept some of the shite staying and improving as long as the most desperate shortcomings are addressed

Let's face it - priority number 1 has to be Auba signing. Where would you look after that Sid? Say we can only sign 3 players for example

For me it has to be a centre half, a right back and a midfielder who scores goals. I think Arteta sees a winger and a defensive midfielder as priorities which also need addressing but I'd hate to see those other three positions neglected. I think he's happy with the RB situation with Bellerin and Cedric so he probably won't strengthen that area. I hope he's right in that regard as I don't rate either.

Anyway let's enjoy the cup win for now. I'm sure the next few weeks will prove without doubt what a prick Kroenke is, so I will just nurse the sore head a while longer !
Don’t we have a cb signed last summer out on loan? Would expect to see him come in, we need a creative midfielder, I don’t think Ceballos is worth the asking price, we’ve been linked with a few dozy plus cash moves?
I’d take Willian ahead of Coutinho, who looks a spent force to me.
I think Torreira, Sokratis, dozy and kolasinic will be shipped out, the loathesome Ozil will sit out his contract, I hope Arteta makes him train alone!
I fear Mustaphi will still be here ( I think Arteta values his experience) though hopefully only as a back up.
On the right back, I think he will give Bellerin a chance, the good thing is I don’t think he will tolerate any lack of effort or commitment.
Up front? I’ve never really like Lacazette and he is probably the only player to have gone backwards but still features since Arteta came in. So I would cash in on him, but I do wonder and believe Aubameyang likes him as a partner, so that could have a bearing on his future.
We also have the young brazilian to come back.
I apologise for the incoherence and spelling in this post, but my hangover has now reduced me to a wasted lump on the sofa!
My sister is coming for her dinner later and I’m supposed to be cooking, so I reckon “hair of the dog” will be taken shortly.

I think you can add laca and bellend to that list - laca hasnt seemed to be happy for a long time now, and you can see how pissed off he is when he is subbed in every single game. I suspect bellend will be sold in a fundraising drive cos arteta could get a cheaper right back replacement either as first choice or as back up to cedric.
I also think holding will be out the door - arteta never seems to believe in him and at his age he needs to get regular game time.
Maitland-Niles was on his way out but I think that he has earned a reprieve now.

I think the goalkeeping situation will also create a conundrum for arteta - neither keeper will stay if they are back up so I think one will depart. Personally I would keep leno over martinez, but leno's market value would be higher and he too could go in a fund raising drive, and we could sign someone like joe hart on a free as back up. People dismissing that possibility need to be aware of where we are - yes getting into europa league will bring us some extra funds (fcuk all mind you), but if arteta needs to rebuild his way, then some players might need to be sold to give him funds to reinvest

The auba situation is a funny one - the media and everyone else seem to think that it is a simple is he staying or is he going scenario, but that isnt the reality at all. Fact is that auba has 12 months left on his contract so even if he doesnt sign a new deal we dont have to sell him. Unless he kicks up a stink I would rather let him run down his contract and walk away on a free next summer UNLESS we receive a proper offer and not some lame arse insulting offer (£20m was quoted :roll: ). However I suspect that he wont sign a new deal and will ask the club to let him leave now, and then we could be in bother - his efforts to force his way out of dortmund should be remembered, and we dont need a repeat of that here

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm still buzzing from last night. Of all the cup wins we have had in recent times, this was easily our worse squad, yet they managed to beat City and Chelsea to do it, and it makes it more satisfying. Arteta is slowly building something but if Aubameyang goes, and with lack of investment, I fear for us, but fuck all that now, might keep the celebrations going today :barscarf:
On a sidenote, anyone that's on Twitter should see Curtis Woodhouse page. The *word censored* is using the 'not a major trophy' line as an attempt to belittle yesterdays win. He(and many of the media wankers) wanted the chance to praise fat Frank for winning a cup in his first season at Chelsea but since that didn't work out, he has a go at us. You can be sure that whenever the scum win any sort of trophy, they'll be praised by these same people.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 pm
I'm still buzzing from last night. Of all the cup wins we have had in recent times, this was easily our worse squad, yet they managed to beat City and Chelsea to do it, and it makes it more satisfying. Arteta is slowly building something but if Aubameyang goes, and with lack of investment, I fear for us, but fuck all that now, might keep the celebrations going today :barscarf:
On a sidenote, anyone that's on Twitter should see Curtis Woodhouse page. The *word censored* is using the 'not a major trophy' line as an attempt to belittle yesterdays win. He(and many of the media wankers) wanted the chance to praise fat Frank for winning a cup in his first season at Chelsea but since that didn't work out, he has a go at us. You can be sure that whenever the scum win any sort of trophy, they'll be praised by these same people.

Is he the scumbag no mark footballer that gave up the game to go into pro boxing instead ? Since when has his opinion counted for anything ? :?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Probably been mentioned, 79’ final on ITV4 tonight at 7.00pm :barscarf: