Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm
Nail on the head there DB, a brain dead hot head who cost us the big one in 2006 and as you say acted the fucking moron at the swamp in 2004 which took some of the gloss off the day for me (we were outstanding and deserved the win to hammer home our status as champions only for him to fuck it away).

David Seaman for the majority of the 90’s was the best keeper we’ve ever had and was absolutely outstanding during the GG years especially. The Nayim moment aside he was unbelievable in those two cup winners cup campaigns, Jens isn’t fit to lace his fucking boots.

That's fair enough but you're both being very harsh on Jens in my opinion. I would prefer to label him mad or crazy rather than see him called an idiot or a moron.

If we're blaming Jens for the CL exit in 2004, we could just as easily say Seaman cost us the 1991 FAC SF against the Scum. Letting Gazza's free kick in from that range was a massive error and we never recovered.

And for me what Seaman did in Paris in 1995 was worse than what Jens did in Paris 11 years later because there was no time to recover. Wenger also has to take a lot of blame by taking off Pires and not playing Bergkamp. Fuck! Who brought this up ? :suicide: I fucking hate those finals and I really fucking hate Paris!

Anyway its true that Seaman had been outstanding to get us to that CWC final ... but its also true to say Jens was equally outstanding in getting us to the 2006 CL final. This is too easily forgotten I think, He made a fantastic save at Highbury against Real Madrid to keep it at 0-0 and then saved that last minute semi final 2nd leg pen at Villarreal to get us to the final. He also helped set a European record of 9 clean sheets in a row.

You dont do that with a moron in goal. Or go unbeaten for a whole season for that matter. So despite his faults, I think Jens deserves a bit more respect. Especially considering Seaman was such a hard act to follow.
Im not talking about mistakes as such but rather stupidity. I'm not doubting Lehmann's ability but rather commenting on the fact that he was a gobshite with his antics. Keepers make mistakes but they learn from them - or they should. Seamo was never chipped from halfway again and I don't recall him ever gifting another gazza style free kick again.

Lehmann came charging out like an idiot in that chav CL semi and gifted them a goal when there was no need for him to do it. Then in Paris two years later he comes charging out again like a madman. His idiotic antics against the Keane cùnt at the toilet in 04 cost us a win that day and could have seen us down to 10 men.

Then add in his embarrassing diving whenever Dogbreath walked near him.... :oops:

That's why I don't rate him as highly as Seaman or Lukic because they were not prone to stupid irrational behaviour. He was.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm
Clash wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Nail on the head there DB, a brain dead hot head who cost us the big one in 2006 and as you say acted the fucking moron at the swamp in 2004 which took some of the gloss off the day for me (we were outstanding and deserved the win to hammer home our status as champions only for him to fuck it away).

David Seaman for the majority of the 90’s was the best keeper we’ve ever had and was absolutely outstanding during the GG years especially. The Nayim moment aside he was unbelievable in those two cup winners cup campaigns, Jens isn’t fit to lace his fucking boots.

That's fair enough but you're both being very harsh on Jens in my opinion. I would prefer to label him mad or crazy rather than see him called an idiot or a moron.

If we're blaming Jens for the CL exit in 2004, we could just as easily say Seaman cost us the 1991 FAC SF against the Scum. Letting Gazza's free kick in from that range was a massive error and we never recovered.

And for me what Seaman did in Paris in 1995 was worse than what Jens did in Paris 11 years later because there was no time to recover. Wenger also has to take a lot of blame by taking off Pires and not playing Bergkamp. Fuck! Who brought this up ? :suicide: I fucking hate those finals and I really fucking hate Paris!

Anyway its true that Seaman had been outstanding to get us to that CWC final ... but its also true to say Jens was equally outstanding in getting us to the 2006 CL final. This is too easily forgotten I think, He made a fantastic save at Highbury against Real Madrid to keep it at 0-0 and then saved that last minute semi final 2nd leg pen at Villarreal to get us to the final. He also helped set a European record of 9 clean sheets in a row.

You dont do that with a moron in goal. Or go unbeaten for a whole season for that matter. So despite his faults, I think Jens deserves a bit more respect. Especially considering Seaman was such a hard act to follow.
Im not talking about mistakes as such but rather stupidity. I'm not doubting Lehmann's ability but rather commenting on the fact that he was a gobshite with his antics. Keepers make mistakes but they learn from them - or they should. Seamo was never chipped from halfway again and I don't recall him ever gifting another gazza style free kick again.

Lehmann came charging out like an idiot in that chav CL semi and gifted them a goal when there was no need for him to do it. Then in Paris two years later he comes charging out again like a madman. His idiotic antics against the Keane cùnt at the toilet in 04 cost us a win that day and could have seen us down to 10 men.

Then add in his embarrassing diving whenever Dogbreath walked near him.... :oops:

That's why I don't rate him as highly as Seaman or Lukic because they were not prone to stupid irrational behaviour. He was.
Point taken mate. I certainly do not disagree about the highlighted part and I am not trying to excuse Lehmann for those other antics. I just thought that (overall) he was a great keeper for us and I was a fan of his.

Jens was a bit different. I once remember seeing him dive full length to stop a mascot scoring past him in the warm up :lol:

And while the WHL 04 nonsense cost us the win on the day ... it also gave us the hilarious moment of scum fans wildly celebrating denying us winning the title at their ground (again) ... only to realise that they had not denied us winning the title at their ground (again) :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I am still a huge fan of jens - I miss the crazy b.astard and feel that his antics sometimes masked his top quality

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He takes out 3 Defenders with 4 steps then chips the goalie!

LOVE IT! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clash wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Point taken mate. I certainly do not disagree about the highlighted part and I am not trying to excuse Lehmann for those other antics. I just thought that (overall) he was a great keeper for us and I was a fan of his.

Jens was a bit different. I once remember seeing him dive full length to stop a mascot scoring past him in the warm up :lol:

And while the WHL 04 nonsense cost us the win on the day ... it also gave us the hilarious moment of scum fans wildly celebrating denying us winning the title at their ground (again) ... only to realise that they had not denied us winning the title at their ground (again) :barscarf:
Haha have to admit that was one of the best parts of that day! I was watching it with my jaw on the floor thinking "what the actual fuck are those idiots celebrating so wildly for?" :lol: :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:43 pm
I am still a huge fan of jens - I miss the crazy b.astard and feel that his antics sometimes masked his top quality
That's kind of my point in one way I suppose. But I'd go further and say his antics cost us and that's why I don't rate him quite up there with Seamo and Lukic.

Little known fact. That night in Paris the ref could have sent Lehmann off and allowed the goal to stand such were the rules at the time. A ref in a cup semi I played in the Saturday after the final told me that before we kicked off - after I good-naturedly slagged off his profession just a tad.... :wink:

To cap off that terrible week that was the game I fell victim to a cùnt's tackle over the ball that broke my left ankle in two places and put a two inch tear in my lower calf just above the achilles. Did not play football again for 6 months. And we lost the game. Worst fucking week of my life. :x

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Clash wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clash wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Haha have to admit that was one of the best parts of that day! I was watching it with my jaw on the floor thinking "what the actual fuck are those idiots celebrating so wildly for?" :lol: :oops: :lol:
Didn't they bring out a DVD about it? :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

The chavs are still spitting teeth over losing the final claiming referee biase .......makes a change from the maureen/terry years when they literally surrounded and harassed the ref on every decision.
No class no history!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:45 pm

He takes out 3 Defenders with 4 steps then chips the goalie!

LOVE IT! :barscarf:
Just watched this showing the goal from every angle - hadn’t clocked Bellerin’s reaction to the goal...he was still on the ground following the tackle that sent the ball out to Pepe ( what a poor pass it was from him too, was actually behind Auba, allowing Chelsea to regroup in numbers .....but not enough obviously. :barscarf:
Last edited by StuartL on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We are an FA Cup club, the days of Prem Titles or dreaming of winning the CL are Gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCVKrwKXrE

:cry:

herbert

Post by herbert »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:52 am
We are an FA Cup club, the days of Prem Titles or dreaming of winning the CL are Gone.

Is that not the fella who got a load of shit after there was a video clip of him laughing about AFTV and him making more money from views on you tube after his team lost a football match?

Grade A plonker

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:52 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Is that not the fella who got a load of shit after there was a video clip of him laughing about AFTV and him making more money from views on you tube after his team lost a football match?

Grade A plonker
You are too kind. The guy is a Grade A twat.

And also he's tedious as hell. Just tried to watch his 50 minute rant about Pires saying we had a small transfer kitty (the infamous 40m) and Jesus Christ he has about 8 minutes of actual content (mostly incorrect and just his opinion sold as FACT) that takes him nearly an hour to deliver:

https://youtu.be/Svup-LhWTJY

Why are so many of our fans complete arseholes? :oops:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 am
herbert wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Grade A plonker

And also he's tedious as hell. Just tried to watch his 50 minute rant about Pires saying we had a small transfer kitty (the infamous 40m) and Jesus Christ he has about 8 minutes of actual content (mostly incorrect and just his opinion sold as FACT) that takes him nearly an hour to deliver:

Apparently before the cup final win he was bashing Arteta calling him all sorts and telling his followers that he is the wrong man for the job and now he has a picture of Arteta holding the fa cup on his profile :shock:

I was being to kind :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 am
herbert wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Grade A plonker

Apparently before the cup final win he was bashing Arteta calling him all sorts and telling his followers that he is the wrong man for the job and now he has a picture of Arteta holding the fa cup on his profile :shock:

I was being to kind :lol:
:lol:

Way too kind. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Could be worse could be Robbie or the other tosser troops or even worse Ty :?