West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by BFG4 »

I still can't believe Arteta started Kolasinac. I know Tierney was injured but I'd literally have started anyone else. The only thing worse than his performance last night is watching us attempt to flog him to someone dumb enough to take him and struggling to get any takers.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Kolasinac, bellerin and holding can just fark orf after last night, we know they are shit but they surpassed even their own shitness, probably the most depressing performance from that trio I've ever witnessed and that's saying something, dont even sell them just terminate their contracts then melt them down for glue

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It was the only real choice with the squad he had posted. The only other thing to do was bring in Luiz and change all the tactics 5 minutes before ikick off . Everyone else on the bench . Macey , Elneny , Nketiah , Pepe and Amn who possibly could have replaced Saka if he went back.
Whichever change he made would have upset his tactics which had probably been laid down all week.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

This wasn't a great performance. There wasn't a player here who came out with a good match. West Ham were really disciplined and were definitely worth a point.

I am not massively worried about missed headers from Gabriel yet. He has been here for about 5 minutes, so let's give him some time.

Tierney is a massive loss because of what he does when whomever plays wingback goes forward. The Bosnian pile of garbage can't pass, can't defend and only seems to be able to run in a straight line. Luiz should take his spot almost immediately which isn't a massive upgrade.

It will be interesting to see who Arteta fields against Leicester. I would like to see some progress in a match like this as last year, Leicester was a much better squad.

augie

Post by augie »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:29 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:47 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am
who from our current squad do we play instead of Xhaka ?
There are a few options , none of them world beaters but better than Xhaka..Smith Rowe, Torriera , if fit, even though he is leaving , Maitland Niles has a better attitude..
Smith Rowe not ready to do a full season at this level
Torriera leaving
Maitland Niles useful squad player can play various positions his favourite is midfield - the worst position I have seen him play in
not better than Xhaka imho

I am honestly beyond stunned that you would say that - edu, at 42 years of age would be a far, far better option than xhaka, and yet you would pick him ahead of all of the above choices :roll: I dont care if torreira is on his way out the door or not - arteta has already shown that he is willing to play players that he is trying to flog, so play torreira (or any fcuker) instead of the swiss pile of shite :evil: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:29 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:47 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am
who from our current squad do we play instead of Xhaka ?
There are a few options , none of them world beaters but better than Xhaka..Smith Rowe, Torriera , if fit, even though he is leaving , Maitland Niles has a better attitude..
Smith Rowe not ready to do a full season at this level
Torriera leaving
Maitland Niles useful squad player can play various positions his favourite is midfield - the worst position I have seen him play in
not better than Xhaka imho

I am honestly beyond stunned that you would say that - edu, at 42 years of age would be a far, far better option than xhaka, and yet you would pick him ahead of all of the above choices :roll: I dont care if torreira is on his way out the door or not - arteta has already shown that he is willing to play players that he is trying to flog, so play torreira (or any fcuker) instead of the swiss pile of shite :evil: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Have to agree. I'm no fan of AM-N the player (he seems like a sound lad though) and I know he won't make it at the top level with a big club, but I would give him a 5 year contract and play him every single game before I'd play Xhakatard even one more time. He is the worst midfielder I've seen since the days of Alex Mong and Legohead Denilson. Utter utter gash.