Baldy Dome Pep v Night Fever Hairdo A Sat 17th Oct 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Baldy Dome Pep v Night Fever Hairdo A Sat 17th Oct 530pm

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Such a passive fucking defeat. Chances should get created from Saka, Auba, Willian, Cabellos, Pepe and both full backs but the lot of them were dire.

You’re looking to see where the chances are going to come from and I have no fucking idea. I just cannot see where goals are going to come form in this side. So fucking sterile going forward.

Only positive was Gabriel, looks the real deall back there.

100% agree with that - he was the ONLY PLAYER that can be satisfied with his performance imo :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’ll be amazed if any player surpasses 10 assists this season, even 5 will be a push.

Fucking beige :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Such a frustrating game. We kept our shape, stayed focussed and did reasonably well but fuck all creativity again. It’s painful to watch all the sideways passing with no hope of an end product.

Stoppage time summed it up though. We finally carved an opening for Bellerin to whip in a first time cross with Auba hovering dangerously in the box and what does he do?..... bellerin decides not to cross it and instead cuts back out and plays in Backwards. Fuck off man :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Could be playing for the next 2 hours and still not score, the amount of fucking around at the back we did you would think we were winning 1-0.

Everything is slow and pedestrian,Gabriel and Saka best 2 players. I write off our 2 games every season against city so wasn't expecting much here, but thought with de bruyne out, we had a chance.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Zoom in on Kelly’s tits and give us a look so the night isn’t a complete right off :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

VAR will check to see if a player’s pube is offside but they have no interest in a kung fu kick to the head :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Arteta as a manager is similar to how he was as a player for us. Solid but far too safe. We are devoid of creativity not just because we do not have creative players ... we lack courage going forward.

I hate the pretty football route Wenger went down that saw us get ripped apart several times a season. And at times under Emery it was chaos. But this right now is so bland. Being sterile Is acceptable if it gets the sort of results that challenges for titles but we are not getting those results. I’m sure we could be a bit more expansive without losing the bit of solidity Arteta has added.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am not going to criticise Arteta for losing by 1 goal at City.
However I won’t be as forgiving in the next game at home to Leicester next week

Midz

Post by Midz »

Until we get some creativity in midfield there will be many more matches like that one. Especially against the top 6.
Very disappointed!!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Thought we were worth a point tonight!
Some ridiculously critical posts !
Been humiliated here over last few seasons!
We’ll win next 3-4 games and beat these citeh *word censored* when we play them next time

wibble

Post by wibble »

Poor 2nd half where we created nothing. Disappointing as without De Bruyne and Laporte we had a good chance of getting something from the game

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Another shit away day against one of the big teams, with the only positive being we didn't capitulate. I'm amazed we create any chances as we have fuck all creativity in the team. I'm a fan of Arteta but it's ridiculous that he was ok with watching Xhaka out there for 82 minutes stinking the place up before he brought him off. The most depressing part was there seemed to be an acceptance of us losing 1-0, we never even really had a go towards the end. I still see us finishing around 7th or 8th, especially with the lack of creativity we have in the team.

shu

Post by shu »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 pm
I am not going to
criticise Arteta for losing by 1 goal at City.
However I won’t be as forgiving in the next game at home to Leicester next week
This is a whole lot better than a year ago , some good purchases and we were in this game until the end . A decent level,of possession in the first half and some chances that could have changed the game (Saka).
We do actually continue to improve under Arteta.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That city team is in serious decline and they’ll be on the end of quite a few ticklings this season, Leicester have already given them one.

The worst result we should have come away with there tonight was a point yet we limp dicked our way to none.

A meek surrender which just seemed inevitable as the second half wore on. I’m a fan of Arteta but where we are going with that midfield I just cannot fathom.

Every single match thread we are bemoaning the lack of creativity in there, it seems the only plan is to grind it out all season to see if we somehow stumble into a top 4 finish.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:25 pm
Thought we were worth a point tonight!
Some ridiculously critical posts !
Been humiliated here over last few seasons!

We’ll win next 3-4 games and beat these citeh *word censored* when we play them next time

When they had de bruyne, david silva, fernandho and (to a lesser degree) laporte - this is as poor a team as city have had since the money flowed into their club. I get where people say that we have a lack of creativity in the team, but for me it is down to tactics and attitude and application - players like our front 3 have ability but today they showed fcuk all imo, and at times looked disinterested :evil: :evil: For the life of me I cannot understand the logic of playing willian as a false 9 - their backline is their one serious weakness and yet we played with no proper striker :shock: :shock: :?