Racist Steptoe & Brenda's Biatches H Sun 25th Oct KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Racist Steptoe & Brenda's Biatches H Sun 25th Oct KO 715pm

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:28 am
Old Trafford next weekend with Mustafi centre back :suicide:
Through the manager's own choice as he refuses to pick Saliba
I have no idea what that’s all about? Is he another Pepe? What a fucking summer that’s turned out to be....72 million for Pepe and 30 million for Saliba. One is total shit and the other must have some serious issue that we don’t know about.

102 million spunked away on 2 players who don’t start games? Holy fucking SHIT :banghead:
Indeed - Emery was absolutely clear that he wanted Zaha instead of Pepe, and we all now know that we paid 50m too much for our latter day Glenn Helder. However, I'm not sure where the blame lies for Saliba? Perhaps he was Emery's first choice, or was this the magic hand of Edu or someone else? Either way when you've spent 30m and he sits below David Luiz, Holding, Mustafi, Mari and probably even Sokratis and Chambers in the pecking order, I think we're entitled to a few answers!!
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head Rodders
Saliba must be shite!
Due to his age however, the club want to give him time on loan to see how or if he has any chance of making it.
People calling for him to start, when they know fuck all about him other than his price tag is ludicrous.
I was pissed and pissed off yesterday!
So whilst calling for Arteta’s head was a tad premature, I certainly have serious concerns and between now and Christmas, is in my opinion enough time to make a call on whether or not we have got it wrong again.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:06 pm
A perfectly good goal disallowed by VAR. How could they deem a player as interfering with the keeper when he's 2 yards away? That goal stays and we win the game comfortably.
BUT...if we're drawing Vardy comes on and we have Mustafi marking him only one result was going to be the outcome. Xhaka and Mustafi chasing back = a goal for the opposition. What was Mustafi doing for the vardy opportunity that Leno saved with his head?
How can you choose Mustafi and Xhaka ahead of Ozil to be included in the squad???? Both these players must be allowed to leave for free!!!.
Disappointed we lost, even more disappointed because mustafi was on the pitch along with xhaka. We can get away with one of them on, but not both.

Stop ffs - I'm not saying this as a xhaka hater (and I absolutely am), but he was standing in front of keeper as the ball went across his (xhaka's) body, so how can he not be intefering with play ?? I'm not slating xhaka on that cos you will rarely see a team will organised to the extent that they all move out in unison on a corner, but it was still a correct decision to rule it out

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:28 am
Old Trafford next weekend with Mustafi centre back :suicide:
I have no idea what that’s all about? Is he another Pepe? What a fucking summer that’s turned out to be....72 million for Pepe and 30 million for Saliba. One is total shit and the other must have some serious issue that we don’t know about.

102 million spunked away on 2 players who don’t start games? Holy fucking SHIT :banghead:
Indeed - Emery was absolutely clear that he wanted Zaha instead of Pepe, and we all now know that we paid 50m too much for our latter day Glenn Helder. However, I'm not sure where the blame lies for Saliba? Perhaps he was Emery's first choice, or was this the magic hand of Edu or someone else? Either way when you've spent 30m and he sits below David Luiz, Holding, Mustafi, Mari and probably even Sokratis and Chambers in the pecking order, I think we're entitled to a few answers!!
Saliba must be shite!
Due to his age however, the club want to give him time on loan to see how or if he has any chance of making it.
People calling for him to start, when they know fuck all about him other than his price tag is ludicrous.
So whilst calling for Arteta’s head was a tad premature, I certainly have serious concerns and between now and Christmas, is in my opinion enough time to make a call on whether or not we have got it wrong again.

Start in europa league and carabao cup yes absolutely. Start and be brought on ahead of mustafi absolutely. Start ahead of luiz or gabriel no way

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 am
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Saliba must be shite!

Start in europa league and carabao cup yes absolutely. Start and be brought on ahead of mustafi absolutely. Start ahead of luiz or gabriel no way
On what grounds Augie?
Simply because he is a CB? In that case we should pull a player frim the youths.
Mustafi is shite!
I can only assume therefore that Saliba is worse!
The coaching staff see him everyday!
They don’t want to expose him at this level, not even carabo cup!
They don’t have to play him to show supporters how bad he is!
Sometimed Augie, we have to trust the judgement of others, otherwise we would have to suggest they were deliberately not acting in the best interests if the club.

herbert

Post by herbert »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 am
Nos89 wrote:
A perfectly good goal disallowed by VAR. How could they deem a player as interfering with the keeper when he's 2 yards away? That goal stays and we win the game comfortably.
BUT...if we're drawing Vardy comes on and we have Mustafi marking him only one result was going to be the outcome. Xhaka and Mustafi chasing back = a goal for the opposition. What was Mustafi doing for the vardy opportunity that Leno saved with his head?
How can you choose Mustafi and Xhaka ahead of Ozil to be included in the squad???? Both these players must be allowed to leave for free!!!.
Disappointed we lost, even more disappointed because mustafi was on the pitch along with xhaka. We can get away with one of them on, but not both.

Stop ffs - I'm not saying this as a xhaka hater (and I absolutely am), but he was standing in front of keeper as the ball went across his (xhaka's) body, so how can he not be intefering with play ?? I'm not slating xhaka on that cos you will rarely see a team will organised to the extent that they all move out in unison on a corner, but it was still a correct decision to rule it out
I watched the game on Bein sports with our old mates Keys and Gray and at half time they could not believe that Var had not given the goal,
when you watch it from the corner flag it looks like Xhaka is in front of Schmicheal but when you watch it from behind the goal when it leaves Lacas head schmicheal is guarding the front post and Xhaka is 3 or more feet away to the centre of the goal and not in front of the goalie

Even Schmicheal never appealed for it and he couldnt believe his luck

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news/202 ... -2-images/

Clash

Post by Clash »

Havent seen any of this game but I trust the views of the good people of the Online Gooner forum and going by that it sounded labsolutely shite!

Emery's 2nd season was a disaster I know ... but if you compare what we are seeing right now to his first season (well maybe up to half time of the EL final or before the kick off at home to Palace) then what we are seeing now is far worse in almost every way.

I was quite enjoying parts of Emery's first season. Loved the addition of Torreira and Guendouzi was promising. That 4-2 home against the SCUM was a magnificent, pulsating game with a fantastic atmosphere! The likes of which we will never see again.

Not saying Emery should have stayed. But how did we get here? What the fuck happened? :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Sid, mustafi is not good enough. Fact. That has been proven a number of times so why in the name of christ are we still sticking with him ? By all accounts saliba is one of the highest rated young centre backs in europe, and that is the opinion of a number of people - are you saying that we should accept the opinion of one person (arteta) who has one years managerial experience, over all those people ? Personally I'm not comfortable taking the opinion of a guy that I feel to have a preference for older experienced players - maybe saliba isnt the answer, but WE KNOW that mustafi isnt, so what's the worst that can happen ?

Finally sid, you are asking us to accept the opinion of a guy that rates xhaka - not exactly reason for anyone to trust his opinion

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 am
augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 am
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Saliba must be shite!

On what grounds Augie?
Simply because he is a CB? In that case we should pull a player frim the youths.
Mustafi is shite!
I can only assume therefore that Saliba is worse!
The coaching staff see him everyday!
They don’t want to expose him at this level, not even carabo cup!
They don’t have to play him to show supporters how bad he is!
Sometimed Augie, we have to trust the judgement of others, otherwise we would have to suggest they were deliberately not acting in the best interests if the club.
If Saliba is as awful as being touted and the person responsible for signing him is still at the club, he should be fired immediately. What other business would allow someone to 'invest' that kind of money for no return. If it was Emery or Mislintat then clearly that ship has sailed but if its a scout or negotiator still at the club he should be fucked off tomorrow

Listen to what we're suggesting here? I'm not saying Saliba should start, but we're saying that in the two cups where we put out the stiffs, he's not even worthy of a place on the bench and that we'd rather play Kolasinac or Xhaka in the back line. If we've spent 27m or whatever on someone who isn't even our 6th choice centre half then those responsible should be hung, drawn and quartered

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

herbert wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:09 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

I watched the game on Bein sports with our old mates Keys and Gray and at half time they could not believe that Var had not given the goal,
when you watch it from the corner flag it looks like Xhaka is in front of Schmicheal but when you watch it from behind the goal when it leaves Lacas head schmicheal is guarding the front post and Xhaka is 3 or more feet away to the centre of the goal and not in front of the goalie

Watched ref Watch on SSN .Dermot Gallagher said he didn't know why the goal was disallowed, but he sought advice on it. Seems Gallagher's advisor believes Xhaka impeded Schmicheal's decision making rather than his actions. Having seen it from the corner flag opposite it looked offside was justified, but not from behind the goal..Strangely as a former referee and current Sky expert Gallagher admitted offside wasn't his area of expertise.
The penalty claim for handball by Fuchs was discussed also. Ball spun up off Fuch's foot/leg as he tried to hook it clear at the back post from a Tierney cross. The ball glanced off his hand/lower arm. Gallagher said no penalty as he was trying to kick the ball. However his arm was away from his body and I would happily put money on a similar situation resulting in a penalty before too long.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

herbert wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:09 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Absolutely correct herbert I was watching that channel and in no fekin way was xhaka in front of the keeper or interfering with his view of the ball, he was way to the side.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am
By all accounts saliba is one of the highest rated young centre backs in europe, and that is the opinion of a number of people - are you saying that we should accept the opinion of one person (arteta) who has one years managerial experience, over all those people ? Personally I'm not comfortable taking the opinion of a guy that I feel to have a preference for older experienced players - maybe saliba isnt the answer, but WE KNOW that mustafi isnt, so what's the worst that can happen ?

Finally sid, you are asking us to accept the opinion of a guy that rates xhaka - not exactly reason for anyone to trust his opinion
agree with this. st eteinne were desperate to have him in the cup final and theres been plenty of articles by journos saying how good he is already and such huge potential etc. they may all be wrong. but theres lots of stuff out there that suggests otherwise. none of us have seen him though so we cant form an opinion. its a weird situation, and maybe another example of arteta losing the fucking plot, or maybe the player has been destroyed by his personal issues, which is a very sad state of affairs. but there must be more to it than hes shit, as it was seen as something of a coup to sign him...but then so was pepe...christ we are fooked!