El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
falkirk goon
Posts: 3087
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Fuck me it's a challenge trying to put a match thread title on some of these pishfests :oops:
I wouldn't take anything for granted here as were absolute shite :lol: Mystify and Swiss fannybulge to start? Or will El beige save them for our probable bumholing at auld traffart next Sun :rubchin: who knows..who gives :oops:

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 13141
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

Hopefully El Neny starts so we can get some much needed creativity into that midfield :banghead:

I naively thought we were in with a shout of CL qualification (and it’s much needed cash) by finishing top 4 but there’s fuck all chance of that so it’s shit or bust for us in this competition.

We will piss the group stages but the fate of our season will totally rest on what happens in this competition after Christmas.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17315
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 am
Fuck me it's a challenge trying to put a match thread title on some of these pishfests :oops:
I wouldn't take anything for granted here as were absolute shite :lol: Mystify and Swiss fannybulge to start? Or will El beige save them for our probable bumholing at auld traffart next Sun :rubchin: who knows..who gives :oops:
We gave you plenty of suggestions in the last match thread :D

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17315
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:43 am
Hopefully El Neny starts so we can get some much needed creativity into that midfield :banghead:

I naively thought we were in with a shout of CL qualification (and it’s much needed cash) by finishing top 4 but there’s fuck all chance of that so it’s shit or bust for us in this competition.

We will piss the group stages but the fate of our season will totally rest on what happens in this competition after Christmas.
Don't worry mate - Elneny and Willock will be back to save the day! And Eddie will be back in for Lacazette

Saliba and Ozil will be sat lighting up havanas watching it all pan out

Clash
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Clash »

Ah Dundalk, ah yes I know it well, I have a villa there!
- Portuguese singing sensation Tony Ferrino

User avatar
corkbarry
Posts: 6255
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Cork

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by corkbarry »

Dundalk rested all their star players this weekend so will be fit and rested unlike our star players who did feck all yesterday and will be fit and rested,
1 0 to the Arsenal hopefully, :roll:

Almunia is a clown
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Gooner Valley N719 EIE

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Where are they playing the return game, is it at Shamrock Knackers state funded stadium? I hate those féckers! :banghead:

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Where are they playing the return game, is it at Shamrock Knackers state funded stadium? I hate those féckers! :banghead:
I presume you are talking about Shamrock Rovers Stadium which is not state funded. It was built by the local council ( South Dublin) and is in fact a municipal stadium. Shamrock Rovers are the anchor tennents of this stadium. Other sports and events are held there.
The reason Dundalk played there last week was because the Irish Rugby Union wouldn't make The Aviva Stadium available to them. However as far as I am aware Dundalk's remaining two group games will be at the Aviva Stadium. The real reason Dundalk are playing their home games in Dublin is that they haven't invested one cent in their own 'stadium ' and therefore it isn't up to UEFA standard.

Almunia is a clown
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Gooner Valley N719 EIE

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Shamrock Knackers are also mates with the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers so féck them & their pathetic "GAA Fuck off & Die" banners! :box:

According to my Dub mates they got a free stadium after being homeless for decades! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Shamrock Knackers are also mates with the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers so féck them & their pathetic "GAA Fuck off & Die" banners! :box:

According to my Dub mates they got a free stadium after being homeless for decades! :mrgreen:
I am.a season ticket holder at Shamrock Rovers, they are my local club. I would not equate my supporting them.as anything near the passion I have for Arsenal FC. I like going to games and like the idea of supporting a local team, especially as supporting Arsenal is not the same as when I began in the 1970s. Going to League of Ireland games is akin to going back to basic football. Night games under lights, no apologies for bad language etc, raw entertainment, football not the highest quality but passionate. Passionate support if low in numbers. I would be lying of I said Shamrock Rovers do not have a dangerous element following them. But it isn't a majority. In ten years going to Tallaght stadium I have not seen one ' GAA Fuck off and Die ' type of banner..There was animosity with local GAA clubs , and in my opinion the GAA clubs were in the right and perfectly entitled to question why local Government money was going to a stadium that intended excluding them.That went to court and cost the GAA clubs a lot of money. However that fight was between the GAA clubs and the local authority. Not Shamrock Rovers. Rovers fans felt the issue delayed the building of the stadium.
Shamrock Rovers were homeless because their spiritual home was sold from beneath them by their own owners.

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Again in ten years going to Tallaght stadium I have seen no evidence of any connection between Shamrock Rovers supporters and Tottenham Hotspur fans. None what so ever. There are loose connections with Bury fans for some reason . Tottenham played in Tallaght in 2011 and in the aftermath of the game Harry Redknapp moaned about the abuse he took from home fans about his tax affairs.

Almunia is a clown
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Gooner Valley N719 EIE

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I've seen some of their casual ultra types hanging round with known faces from the Superfirm lol at the Ireland Wales games at both Croke Park & Cardiff, plus they were supposedly made very welcome over at the Swamp during the EUFA League games. :shock:

My Dublin mates including London Gooner lads living back there were saying also at the row at the Hill 16 pub between Shamrock & Bohemians years back, Swamp Dwellers were with them & some Arsenal / QPR were with Bohs. :box:

Gotta say I don't know any Shamrock fans, my Dub mates all support Bohemians & St Patrick's Athletic, don't know any Shelbourne Rovers fans either so maybe I'm getting a one sided view.

Shamrock did have a Red Action / Anti Usmanov type banner against the GAA though!

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26437
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Shamrock Knackers are also mates with the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers so féck them & their pathetic "GAA Fuck off & Die" banners! :box:

According to my Dub mates they got a free stadium after being homeless for decades! :mrgreen:
I am.a season ticket holder at Shamrock Rovers, they are my local club. I would not equate my supporting them.as anything near the passion I have for Arsenal FC. I like going to games and like the idea of supporting a local team, especially as supporting Arsenal is not the same as when I began in the 1970s. Going to League of Ireland games is akin to going back to basic football. Night games under lights, no apologies for bad language etc, raw entertainment, football not the highest quality but passionate. Passionate support if low in numbers. I would be lying of I said Shamrock Rovers do not have a dangerous element following them. But it isn't a majority. In ten years going to Tallaght stadium I have not seen one ' GAA Fuck off and Die ' type of banner..There was animosity with local GAA clubs , and in my opinion the GAA clubs were in the right and perfectly entitled to question why local Government money was going to a stadium that intended excluding them.That went to court and cost the GAA clubs a lot of money. However that fight was between the GAA clubs and the local authority. Not Shamrock Rovers. Rovers fans felt the issue delayed the building of the stadium.
Shamrock Rovers were homeless because their spiritual home was sold from beneath them by their own owners.



Shamrock Rovers are the man citeeh of the league of Ireland - buying/signing all the best players from all their rivals (and I include schoolboy players in that), simply because they are in a better financial position that every other club (partially due to a large donation from dermot desmond). Between that wealth, and their core traditional scum following from years ago, they are largely disliked by most other clubs fans 8)

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Shamrock Knackers are also mates with the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers so féck them & their pathetic "GAA Fuck off & Die" banners! :box:

According to my Dub mates they got a free stadium after being homeless for decades! :mrgreen:
I am.a season ticket holder at Shamrock Rovers, they are my local club. I would not equate my supporting them.as anything near the passion I have for Arsenal FC. I like going to games and like the idea of supporting a local team, especially as supporting Arsenal is not the same as when I began in the 1970s. Going to League of Ireland games is akin to going back to basic football. Night games under lights, no apologies for bad language etc, raw entertainment, football not the highest quality but passionate. Passionate support if low in numbers. I would be lying of I said Shamrock Rovers do not have a dangerous element following them. But it isn't a majority. In ten years going to Tallaght stadium I have not seen one ' GAA Fuck off and Die ' type of banner..There was animosity with local GAA clubs , and in my opinion the GAA clubs were in the right and perfectly entitled to question why local Government money was going to a stadium that intended excluding them.That went to court and cost the GAA clubs a lot of money. However that fight was between the GAA clubs and the local authority. Not Shamrock Rovers. Rovers fans felt the issue delayed the building of the stadium.
Shamrock Rovers were homeless because their spiritual home was sold from beneath them by their own owners.



Shamrock Rovers are the man citeeh of the league of Ireland - buying/signing all the best players from all their rivals (and I include schoolboy players in that), simply because they are in a better financial position that every other club (partially due to a large donation from dermot desmond). Between that wealth, and their core traditional scum following from years ago, they are largely disliked by most other clubs fans 8)
The Dermot Desmond donation is hardly on a Mansoour (sp?) level. Plus it was in the last year or so. So hardly has had time to be that influential in Rovers' success. I wonder how many games in League of Ireland you have attended Augie? Their 'core traditional scum' contained members of my family. They also contained a lot of peaceful working class people from all over Dublin and beyond. The same people who supported Oirland when they were nothing, the same people who were pushed out by the yuppies and JCL's when following Oirland became fashionable in 1990.
Nothing like a general sweeping statement to make a point.

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 pm
I've seen some of their casual ultra types hanging round with known faces from the Superfirm lol at the Ireland Wales games at both Croke Park & Cardiff, plus they were supposedly made very welcome over at the Swamp during the EUFA League games. :shock:

My Dublin mates including London Gooner lads living back there were saying also at the row at the Hill 16 pub between Shamrock & Bohemians years back, Swamp Dwellers were with them & some Arsenal / QPR were with Bohs. :box:

Gotta say I don't know any Shamrock fans, my Dub mates all support Bohemians & St Patrick's Athletic, don't know any Shelbourne Rovers fans either so maybe I'm getting a one sided view.

Shamrock did have a Red Action / Anti Usmanov type banner against the GAA though!
You don't know any Shamrock Rovers fans you say, but you have seen them hanging around with Superfirm at Ireland V Wales games??
The row at The Hill 16 pub was prearranged by both groups of fans..Thankfully I missed it. The word on the street was that it was locals mixed with a few hooligans from Bury on the Rovers side and a few hooligans from Wrexham on the Bohemians side. How these hooligans latched onto Dublin clubs I don't know. There was a comical issue with a Welsh flag being stolen from the Wrexham boys by their Bury counterparts, the Welsh boys went on social media and asked for its return.
The Rovers fans I know who went to The Swamp in 2011 told me that they received a welcome which was largely consistent with all visitors to the away end of the old Swamp.

Post Reply