El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:15 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Shamrock Knackers are also mates with the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers so féck them & their pathetic "GAA Fuck off & Die" banners! :box:

According to my Dub mates they got a free stadium after being homeless for decades! :mrgreen:
I am.a season ticket holder at Shamrock Rovers, they are my local club. I would not equate my supporting them.as anything near the passion I have for Arsenal FC. I like going to games and like the idea of supporting a local team, especially as supporting Arsenal is not the same as when I began in the 1970s. Going to League of Ireland games is akin to going back to basic football. Night games under lights, no apologies for bad language etc, raw entertainment, football not the highest quality but passionate. Passionate support if low in numbers. I would be lying of I said Shamrock Rovers do not have a dangerous element following them. But it isn't a majority. In ten years going to Tallaght stadium I have not seen one ' GAA Fuck off and Die ' type of banner..There was animosity with local GAA clubs , and in my opinion the GAA clubs were in the right and perfectly entitled to question why local Government money was going to a stadium that intended excluding them.That went to court and cost the GAA clubs a lot of money. However that fight was between the GAA clubs and the local authority. Not Shamrock Rovers. Rovers fans felt the issue delayed the building of the stadium.
Shamrock Rovers were homeless because their spiritual home was sold from beneath them by their own owners.

Shamrock Rovers are the man citeeh of the league of Ireland - buying/signing all the best players from all their rivals (and I include schoolboy players in that), simply because they are in a better financial position that every other club (partially due to a large donation from dermot desmond). Between that wealth, and their core traditional scum following from years ago, they are largely disliked by most other clubs fans 8)
The Dermot Desmond donation is hardly on a Mansoour (sp?) level. Plus it was in the last year or so. So hardly has had time to be that influential in Rovers' success. I wonder how many games in League of Ireland you have attended Augie? Their 'core traditional scum' contained members of my family. They also contained a lot of peaceful working class people from all over Dublin and beyond. The same people who supported Oirland when they were nothing, the same people who were pushed out by the yuppies and JCL's when following Oirland became fashionable in 1990.
Nothing like a general sweeping statement to make a point.

Calm down buddy - I said a core traditional scum in that the fans I am referring to predate their move to tallaght. I never said the majority were scum, and I never even suggested that any of your family was scum. The dermot desmond donation wasnt on Mansour level, but everything is relative and in the LOI that is Mansour level investment.

I will also say buddy for the record, that I used to attend Athlone Town games on and off for a number of years going back to the early 90s - I'm not claiming to be anywhere near superfan level but I did go as often as I could for a while bearing in mind that I worked friday nights in a pub, and they were my nearest LOI club even though I lived almost 40 miles away

Bradywasking

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

OK ,fair enough Augie..

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Dundalk played 16 won 7 drawn 4 lost 5 scored 24 let in 20 pints 25

lost , won , draw , won , draw in their last five games .

Is this where we should play Nelson instead of Pepe , ESR instead of Ceballos , Nketiah for Lacazette , Balogun for Aubameyang ,AMN for Xhaka , Saliba for Mustafi , or is that too many ?

you guys over the water should know more than me . What do you think ?

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 am
Dundalk played 16 won 7 drawn 4 lost 5 scored 24 let in 20 pints 25

lost , won , draw , won , draw in their last five games .

Is this where we should play Nelson instead of Pepe , ESR instead of Ceballos , Nketiah for Lacazette , Balogun for Aubameyang ,AMN for Xhaka , Saliba for Mustafi , or is that too many ?

you guys over the water should know more than me . What do you think ?

Dundalk changed manager twice or three times in last 12 months. They have known for a while now that they had no chances of winning the league so they have basically rotated their squad in league games when they had nothing to play for - in other words ignore their recent results. That being said, we are talking about league of Ireland standard which is at best poor - played in a stadium like their own could have kept the game tight for a while, but playing in a bigger/newer stadium should result in an easy victory

If arteta doesnt play the likes of nelson, soares pillock and smith-rowe (if fit) in this game, then they should start packing their bags to get out of arteta's AFC

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

My interest in the league season has ended at about the same point as it used to under Wenger, so its all about the 3 cups we can win

I wonder if Saliba is good enough to play against the might of this bunch from the league of Ireland............or perhaps we'll play Kolasinac again?

Perhaps our wonderful academy are ready to unleash some great young centre forward for the first time in 20 years......or perhaps we'll play Nketiah again before subbing him for Lacazette

Perhaps there's a brilliant young number 10 in the Foden mould that our wonderful academy will unleash upon the pubbers.......or perhaps we'll play Willock again

Is there a swashbuckling fullback ready to be unleashed by the academy.......or will we play the Southampton reject again

Time for Martinez to recement his place as number 1........err, hold on a minute

Such excitement in the build up

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On a side note and I know Falkirk will be starting a new witty match day thread up for the Mancs game Sunday :wink:

Mike Dean will be the ref for the game on Sunday. Since ole took the reins at utd, they have been awarded 36 pens and in the same time period we have only been awarded 9.

Now guess who has awarded more pens than any other referee in PL history.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Mind you , you do actually have to be in the penalty box to get them whereas we spend most of our time on the half way line passing it back and forth.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:43 am
Hopefully El Neny starts so we can get some much needed creativity into that midfield :banghead:

I naively thought we were in with a shout of CL qualification (and it’s much needed cash) by finishing top 4 but there’s fuck all chance of that so it’s shit or bust for us in this competition.

We will piss the group stages but the fate of our season will totally rest on what happens in this competition after Christmas.

Aaaaaaaand.

Injuries.

Who knows maybe some kind, generous opposing player will SNAP Clubfoots leg and perhaps a few others from the pile of deadwood will get maimed!?

One lives in hope - Yes, that self same hope that has been slowly killing us all these past 10 years.... :cry:

Just remembered Martinelli is back in January(ish)! So that's a "Positive"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Mind you , you do actually have to be in the penalty box to get them whereas we spend most of our time on the half way line passing it back and forth.
Forth!? FORTH!???

How dare you!!!!! Forth implies the ball actually moving "Forward" - something we all know to be about as rare as a sighting of the Churmuyov Gerasimenko Comet!

:?

Ohhh! I wish I were joking. :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Now that the Second Oirish Civil War above is over..... :wink:

I will accept nothing less than a 5-0 trouncing of the Dundalk muppets. A nasty provo town full of absolute cùnts. :censored:

OK and probably a few decent people too.

#commercialinterests
#hypocrisy

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta on how happy he is with Mustafi: "I have been really happy with Musti since I joined & the performances that he has had. It is true that he had a long-term injury, he has worked so hard to get back into the position he is today" #Arsenal https://t.co/l1kOVXit87

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:17 pm
Arteta on how happy he is with Mustafi: "I have been really happy with Musti since I joined & the performances that he has had. It is true that he had a long-term injury, he has worked so hard to get back into the position he is today" #Arsenal https://t.co/l1kOVXit87
Time for Arteta to fuck off

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:44 am
rodders999 wrote:
Hopefully El Neny starts so we can get some much needed creativity into that midfield :banghead:

I naively thought we were in with a shout of CL qualification (and it’s much needed cash) by finishing top 4 but there’s fuck all chance of that so it’s shit or bust for us in this competition.

We will piss the group stages but the fate of our season will totally rest on what happens in this competition after Christmas.

Aaaaaaaand.

Injuries.

Who knows maybe some kind, generous opposing player will SNAP Clubfoots leg and perhaps a few others from the pile of deadwood will get maimed!?

One lives in hope - Yes, that self same hope that has been slowly killing us all these past 10 years.... :cry:

Gabriel Martinelli and Calum Chambers trained with the Arsenal first-team squad ahead of tomorrow’s game against Dundalk.
Although Martinelli is not registered to play in the Europa League
Hopefully back in action in around 2/3 weeks

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Aaaaaaaand.

Injuries.

Gabriel Martinelli and Calum Chambers trained with the Arsenal first-team squad ahead of tomorrow’s game against Dundalk.

That's Good News I would play him before Laccazette every time..

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:41 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Aaaaaaaand.

Injuries.

That's Good News I would play him before Laccazette every time..
I concur wholeheartedly OBG