El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by Midz »

very good news about Gabriel Martinelli. Chambers is inconsequential although I wish him no harm.

IW8Goalmachine

Re: El beige v Dundalk(probably who Xhakatard and mystify should be playing for) H Thurs 8pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I can't be true that martinelli isn't registered for the EL. What a complete cock up if it is

Just looked at the squad there and he isn't registered to play yet there are fucking SIX keepers registered.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta has indicated there's a "very strong possibility" that he will move Aubameyang to centre forward. He adds that he feels "really bad" to have left out Saliba from the squad, particularly after Mari suffered a setback.

Saliba is, however, in a "much better" place.

Arteta on Saliba: "He’s in a much better place. He’s feeling a lot more confident around the place, his language is improving & he’s starting to understand much better what we’re doing physically" #Arsenal https://t.co/Pzs739OfHj

Arteta: "Things are progressively getting better & better. I feel really bad for William. Because we had so many central defenders we decided to leave him out of the [Europa League] squad, which was really hurtful for me to do" #Arsenal

Arteta: "I was hoping that Pablo [Mari] would be back in 2 weeks, but he had a setback & then we dont have Pablo & we dont have William when he’s fit & available to play. But when you make those decisions you cant always think about every possible outcome"https://t.co/GobZBK501V

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 pm
Arteta has indicated there's a "very strong possibility" that he will move Aubameyang to centre forward. He adds that he feels "really bad" to have left out Saliba from the squad, particularly after Mari suffered a setback.

Arteta on Saliba: "He’s in a much better place. He’s feeling a lot more confident around the place, his language is improving & he’s starting to understand much better what we’re doing physically" #Arsenal https://t.co/Pzs739OfHj

Arteta: "Things are progressively getting better & better. I feel really bad for William. Because we had so many central defenders we decided to leave him out of the [Europa League] squad, which was really hurtful for me to do" #Arsenal

Arteta: "I was hoping that Pablo [Mari] would be back in 2 weeks, but he had a setback & then we dont have Pablo & we dont have William when he’s fit & available to play. But when you make those decisions you cant always think about every possible outcome"https://t.co/GobZBK501V
Yeah Mikel - you're right. It made absolute sense to leave out a 27m centre half who needed to be blooded, when you've got a group consisting of Molded, Dundalk and Rapid Vienna

Much more likely to find out what a superstar Mustafi has been all these years but which has been kept so well hidden

Bore off

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:17 pm
Arteta on how happy he is with Mustafi: "I have been really happy with Musti since I joined & the performances that he has had. It is true that he had a long-term injury, he has worked so hard to get back into the position he is today" #Arsenal https://t.co/l1kOVXit87
Fucking.... just.... just fucking astonishing. :shock: What the actual fuck is the man watching? :roll:

Arteta is creeping towards "Arteta Out" territory a lot quicker than I originally gave him credit for. Look at that boy go!! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 pm

He needed to learn the language and settle in and you were about to send him back to france on loan ???? Do me a fcuking favour.

Arteta is clueless and keeps favouring the older/senior players - if martinelli really is that close to returning to action, then it is absolutely criminal to exclude him from a europa league group where he could use to get match sharpness :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The last update I read (only a week or two ago) was that Martinelli wasn’t meant to be back in action until late December early January. Is he in full training already or just doing light work by himself on the training pitch?

They’ve botched it if he’s match ready now and was left out of the squad list because they thought he’d be crocked.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am
The last update I read (only a week or two ago) was that Martinelli wasn’t meant to be back in action until late December early January. Is he in full training already or just doing light work by himself on the training pitch?

They’ve botched it if he’s match ready now and was left out of the squad list because they thought he’d be crocked.
He should of been registered in case this situation arises. Take one of the SIX keepers that has no chance of even a sniff of playing off the the list.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:58 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am

He should of been registered in case this situation arises. Take one of the SIX keepers that has no chance of even a sniff of playing off the the list.
Agreed, although let’s all try not to lose our shit round here because he’s been pictured at one training session. I’d imagine he’s still quite away off being involved in a match day squad after the injury/operation.

Didn’t we need to reach some homegrown/U-23 quota in the squad and just fucked a shit load of keepers in to make the cut?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just found the latest update on Martinelli on Pravda -

• Has now commenced running outside, in addition to daily strengthening and recovery programme at London Colney.
• Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.

So still a way off it seems.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:42 am
Just found the latest update on Martinelli on Pravda -

• Has now commenced running outside, in addition to daily strengthening and recovery programme at London Colney.
• Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.

So still a way off it seems.
Pictures from training yesterday showing him challenging Gabriel in the air....so making good progress....would think at least 2/3 weeks away beforewe see him in action

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

first 11 apparently

Runarsson; Cedric, Mustafi, Kolasinac, AMN; Willock, Elneny, Xhaka (c); Nelson, Pepe, Nketiah.

Xhaka still getting a game.......theres no words!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:38 pm
first 11 apparently

Runarsson; Cedric, Mustafi, Kolasinac, AMN; Willock, Elneny, Xhaka (c); Nelson, Pepe, Nketiah.

I reckon he’s gonna play centre back alongside Mustafi

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mustafi and Kolasinac centre backs

We are going to see something special tonight :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:38 pm
first 11 apparently

He's not only getting a game..he gets the armband aswell.disgusting.Another nail in el beiges coffin.