Molde scants H Europa Thurs 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Molde scants H Europa Thurs 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is Wingo the love child of Ringo Starr and Jonathan Woss? :? :D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:34 pm
goonertux wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:27 pm
Saka produces more in a minute than Willian in an hour
And actually picks someone out rather than just a blind, half-arsed ball across the box.
The 2 ogs came from half arsed balls across the box :?
Only because they got past the man at the near post with pace and at a dangerous height. Normally they are just rolled along the ground and easily cleared. (But I take your point!)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:46 pm
Well deserved Willock :barscarf:

I’d select him over Cabellos every day of the week. Offers way more going forward.
Did you get food poisoning off that sandwich? And then maybe some brain damage? :shock:

Pillock is complete fucking shit house. Palace in 2022. :roll:

On a related matter I had an amazing Pastrami, cheese, tomato, mayo, and Russian sauce on buttermilk bread sandwich today. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 pm
Good strike from Pepe but he's still a donkey :barscarf:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncanny

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

goonertux wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:34 pm
goonertux wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:27 pm
Saka produces more in a minute than Willian in an hour
And actually picks someone out rather than just a blind, half-arsed ball across the box.
The 2 ogs came from half arsed balls across the box :?
Only because they got past the man at the near post with pace and at a dangerous height. Normally they are just rolled along the ground and easily cleared. (But I take your point!)

:barscarf:

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

Decent enough win, though not a great performance. I thought Ceballos and Willock both played well, and Pepe again very inconsistent but at least he produces moments (1 goal, 1 assist today) unlike Willian.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:55 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I’d select him over Cabellos every day of the week. Offers way more going forward.
Did you get food poisoning off that sandwich? And then maybe some brain damage? :shock:

On a related matter I had an amazing Pastrami, cheese, tomato, mayo, and Russian sauce on buttermilk bread sandwich today. 8)
No. I got the shits from it though. :lol:

I think you’re being harsh on him. I do see a lot of creativity from him which the rest of the midfield is completely devoid of. He bags a few goals, creates chances and plays some nice stuff.

Sure he’s raw but he got himself in and around the box tonight more times than Dani Getafe has in his entire time with us.

Is he the answer to all our midfield woes? No. Should he be starting ahead of Dani Getafe? Fuck yeah.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Also 7 pages in the thread and not a single mention of Martin Keown’s glasses.

What the fuck was that all about :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fair enough win but still don't like the shirts with the German lettering on the back ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:20 pm
Arteta's leading scorer Own Goals does the business again
Unless you're Lee Dixon, most own goals are a result of defenders being put under pressure by attackers. So some kind of credit is deservered by the forwards.

Give your fucking moaning, sarcastic, complaining a rest mate. Do us all a favour and either stop posting or stop watching. You do my nut in.
Its called a forum mate. How it works is that people are free to post their own views, as long as they aren't abusive to each other. If you don't like my posts just block them. It really is that simple

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:23 pm
63 more minutes of utter dross from Willian
Yes he can rest easy on his 3 year deal....big mistake

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I think you’re being harsh on him. I do see a lot of creativity from him which the rest of the midfield is completely devoid of. He bags a few goals, creates chances and plays some nice stuff.

Sure he’s raw but he got himself in and around the box tonight more times than Dani Getafe has in his entire time with us.

Is he the answer to all our midfield woes? No. Should he be starting ahead of Dani Getafe? Fuck yeah.
We'll have to disagree on that one rodders. All I see is a bloke that gets completely bypassed in PL games, completely anonymous, and when he does get the odd touch of the ball he invariably makes the wrong decisions. Then he'll have the odd good game against pubbers in a cup or the Europa and "potential" gets mentioned. I don't buy it. If he was putting in those odd good games in the PL rather than against pubbers then maybe I'd buy it but he never does.

Him and Maitland-Bendtner will both be at Palace in a couple seasons. You look at other young players at the other top 6 clubs and our pair have nothing on them. Our pair are missing too much from their game.

At least Hleballos can have the odd half decent game in the PL. But tbh none of them are good enough for that level.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I agree, harsh on a young lad who clearly loves the club , is clearly very raw but some much needed positivity round the box we haven't had. Yes he'll make mistakes as all kids do but he doesn't deserve all the abuse he gets on here , gets two goals and virtually no recognition , thought we were better than that , we used to give our kids a chance.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I agree, harsh on a young lad who clearly loves the club , is clearly very raw but some much needed positivity round the box we haven't had. Yes he'll make mistakes as all kids do but he doesn't deserve all the abuse he gets on here , gets two goals and virtually no recognition , thought we were better than that , we used to give our kids a chance.
Yeah when our kids were on a few hundred quid a week. These modern players are on thousands per week. No one owes them a living in the game. He clearly loves the club? Mate those days are gone. He'd be away in a blink if someone offered him more money.

If a player is not good enough I'm not gonna pretend he is because he's a nice bloke or whatever. In this modern game where the players get paid disgusting amounts they are either good enough or not. Pillock isn't. He's rubbish. He has had numerous chances to show what he can do and he has looked awful every time.