Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:21 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:28 am
Martinez, 28, said: “Some people do not realise how big Aston Villa are.

“They were all saying it was a step down in my career but I always said it was a step up.

BOLLOCKS
Context is key :lol:

I remember that interview, and all Martinez was saying is that being a first choice regular at Villa is a step forward in his career. Hard to argue for a guy who has been an understudy most of his career!

Good point g88ner.

Tbh, I'd have had no problem if he had actually been having a dig. To be told that he'd be relegated to number 2, not only behind a guy that's ok but always has a mistake in him, but after the way he performed in last season's run in and cup win, must have stung. As far as I'm concerned, he's been very respectful since deciding to go and hasn't made his feelings known and washed any dirty laundry in public.

I'm just gutted that we sold the wrong bloke.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

“They were all saying it was a step down in my career but I always said it was a step up.

BOLLOCKS

I remember that interview, and all Martinez was saying is that being a first choice regular at Villa is a step forward in his career. Hard to argue for a guy who has been an understudy most of his career!
Yep, it’s an old quote - him saying it’s a step up for him personally, not that Villa are bigger than us.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:48 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:57 pm
That fucker lacathreat coodny finish his dinner ffs :roll:
Ohh! I dunno FG The FAT BAP looks like he polishes off everything on his plate - except chances :D :wink:
We should get him together with fatty Santos and they could have a pie eating contest :lol:

There aren't enough pies in the whole feckin' world mate! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:23 pm
g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

BOLLOCKS

Good point g88ner.

Tbh, I'd have had no problem if he had actually been having a dig. To be told that he'd be relegated to number 2, not only behind a guy that's ok but always has a mistake in him, but after the way he performed in last season's run in and cup win, must have stung. As far as I'm concerned, he's been very respectful since deciding to go and hasn't made his feelings known and washed any dirty laundry in public.

Agreed ! Even if he had remained as our No 2 GK, I bet he'd still be a better Mid-fielder than clubfoot. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:23 pm
g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

BOLLOCKS

Good point g88ner.

Sold for 18m too - another amazing deal from our wonderful bunch of commercial negotiators. Pickford sold to Everton for £25m over 3 years ago, and before anyone mentions this COVID budget nonsense just look at some of the money Chelsea and others threw around in the Summer

18m for a goalkeeper who proved his worth in the PL and FA Cup with high public acclaim and at 28 years old in his peak years

Great fucking deal, I think not

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:35 pm
Fucking hell. The response of people on here is absolutely disgraceful. That is our best team, we played poorly against a team that wiped the floor with the league champions 3/4 weeks ago. We got what we deserved a 3-0 humping. Over reaction or what???
Go back to the comments when we lost 2-3 at home to Palace in Emery's first season at exactly the same point of his managerial tenure as Arteta's. We were still in the hunt to qualify for the Champions League then. Then when you've read them, ask yourself what was the bigger "over reaction". Wanting a guy sacked after less than a year following on from Wenger's decade of failing when you're still in the top four, or a few comments here in response to a whipping from a team who just about stayed up (thanks to us) and terrorised us with a striker from Brentford

Were you as appalled by the over reaction back then?
Yes I was just as appalled by the over reaction back then. I blamed the players not the manager. I lost faith in emery after the 5-5 penalty loss at anfield in the league cup.
We lost 3-2 in a pre-season friendly to villa in september. I think watkins scored twice that day, either way the team played poorly and villa have shown that they will and take advantage of a bigger team that plays poorly against them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It has taken Danny Welwide 12 minutes to do what our 100m+ of attacking talents couldn't manage in 90 mins against the Vaginas

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm
It has taken Danny Welwide 12 minutes to do what our 100m+ of attacking talents couldn't manage in 90 mins against the Vaginas
Stop mate ffs. :lol: You could pick any striker who has scored a goal recently. What's the point? Welwide was pony for us. Absolute garbage. Even the "he puts in a shift" squad on here admit that ffs! :lol: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:44 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm
Stop mate ffs. :lol: You could pick any striker who has scored a goal recently. What's the point? Welwide was pony for us. Absolute garbage. Even the "he puts in a shift" squad on here admit that ffs! :lol: :wink:
I'm not singing his praises FFS!! More pointing out that even someone as bang average as him can carve Villa apart...
In fact most teams other than the super coach's shotshy wonders seem able to!