Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gazzatt2

Re: Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

Post by gazzatt2 »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:41 pm
I dunno if it is ironic or hypocritical writing this on an internet forum, but social media has gotten out of control and needs to be clamped down on big time. People seem to think that they can say what they like without sanction as if saying it online is different than saying it face to face :roll: C.unts like donald trump have made racism "fashionable" again and it has brought out the dredges of society from the sewers in which they had been exiled to in recent years. Twitter and other social media platforms can delete posts all they like, but the reality is that they cannot un-ring a bell that has already been rung - banning people of social media doesnt do the job either, and it will take severe sanctons to deter dickheads from posting racist crap. Personally I would advocate jail sentences, severe fines and/or being forced to wear those leg monitors to flag to their communities what a scumbag they are :roll:

On a side issue that is somewhat social media related, rte (our national broadcaster) has received over 100 complaints about their staff attending a retirement party for one of their colleagues without wearing a face mask - seriously what kind of a c.unt would be that petty or vindictive to actually make a complaint ?? We are all fcuked off having to wear face masks etc, but could you seriously be arsed to complain about that ?? :roll: :oops: :oops:
i think Internet forums count as social media is it really different to posting on here to Facebook or twitter ?
on here we have People calling Pepe a c u n t for a brain dead stupid action
but many of our team have done the same in the past Henry in the champs league two footed tackle just one example no one called him a c u n t

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm
augie wrote:
I dunno if it is ironic or hypocritical writing this on an internet forum, but social media has gotten out of control and needs to be clamped down on big time. People seem to think that they can say what they like without sanction as if saying it online is different than saying it face to face :roll: C.unts like donald trump have made racism "fashionable" again and it has brought out the dredges of society from the sewers in which they had been exiled to in recent years. Twitter and other social media platforms can delete posts all they like, but the reality is that they cannot un-ring a bell that has already been rung - banning people of social media doesnt do the job either, and it will take severe sanctons to deter dickheads from posting racist crap. Personally I would advocate jail sentences, severe fines and/or being forced to wear those leg monitors to flag to their communities what a scumbag they are :roll:

On a side issue that is somewhat social media related, rte (our national broadcaster) has received over 100 complaints about their staff attending a retirement party for one of their colleagues without wearing a face mask - seriously what kind of a c.unt would be that petty or vindictive to actually make a complaint ?? We are all fcuked off having to wear face masks etc, but could you seriously be arsed to complain about that ?? :roll: :oops: :oops:
i think Internet forums count as social media is it really different to posting on here to Facebook or twitter ?
but many of our team have done the same in the past Henry in the champs league two footed tackle just one example no one called him a c u n t
I think the accepted notion is if a player is delivering the goods on the pitch they get cut some slack for stupid indiscretions but if they are shit and stupid on top of it then they get lit up. Personally I don't see a problem with it.

Also I called Henry a cùnt after he missed the two one on ones in Paris in 06. Called him it many times throughout that long drunken night afterwards..... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

I think the RTE thing is that a lot of people (me included) hate that channel and hate paying a TV tax to a channel with so much shit content that also has advertising income - unlike the BBC for example. Fuck RTE. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm
augie wrote:

There's a great bit in Fever Pitch where Nick Hornby talks about a match at Highbury against Liverpool at a time when racism was rife inside certain grounds and how perverse it was that he actually felt proud to hear Arsenal fans call John Barnes a c.unt rather than "a black c.unt" which he had been vilely subjected to elsewhere.

I think you should be very careful not to confuse what was said on here yesterday (most of it by me to be fair :lol: ) with the disgusting, racist bile that gets spouted on twitter every single day.

Henry could shag my missues and I wouldn't hear a bad word said against the man and you just cannot make a comparison between one of our greatest ever players and that gormless fuckwit yesterday.

Like Hornby I'm proud that on here you will pretty much hear everyone being called a c.unt from DB to Maureen (both massive ones by the way :wink: ) but you'll never read any racist shit that plagues the likes of twatter and the rest of social media.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

No need to comment on the game, it's all been said on here already.

Bottom line, the club is fucked. This has been building since the stadium move and rapidly over the last 10 years. It's Wenger's legacy and while most of us knew that it would take a minimum of 3 years to get on track after Il Duce left, it's going to get worse and very quickly so, with the wrong managers at the helm.

I've nothing against Arteta, but this was not the job for a novice and it has the warning signs of something that is beginning to run out of control. Aside from the cup semi and final, I was underwhelmed by his team's performances last season, but at least there appeared to be a unity amongst the squad and some belief that the players were behind his project. I know get the feeling that they're as lost as they were under Wenger and Emery.

One or two on here saying that it's an over-reaction to one game, but no one on here is basing their thoughts on yesterday's game alone. This season has been dire and the stats prove it. A few of us have been saying since the latter days of Wenger that the idea of having to fight relegation isn't off the cards and at the moment, if no changes are made, it's very much on the cards....if not this season (looks like some utter dross down the bottom), then next.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Bottom line, the club is fucked. This has been building since the stadium move and rapidly over the last 10 years. It's Wenger's legacy and while most of us knew that it would take a minimum of 3 years to get on track after Il Duce left, it's going to get worse and very quickly so, with the wrong managers at the helm.

I've nothing against Arteta, but this was not the job for a novice and it has the warning signs of something that is beginning to run out of control. Aside from the cup semi and final, I was underwhelmed by his team's performances last season, but at least there appeared to be a unity amongst the squad and some belief that the players were behind his project. I know get the feeling that they're as lost as they were under Wenger and Emery.

One or two on here saying that it's an over-reaction to one game, but no one on here is basing their thoughts on yesterday's game alone. This season has been dire and the stats prove it. A few of us have been saying since the latter days of Wenger that the idea of having to fight relegation isn't off the cards and at the moment, if no changes are made, it's very much on the cards....if not this season (looks like some utter dross down the bottom), then next.
The minute that Stan Kroenke became the majority shareholder and employed his son and a bunch of c.unts like Gazidis we were fucked. The chance to do something brave came in 2014 after our Dear Leader broke his 9 year trophy drought with the FA Cup, and a similar chance came up when his next contract expired. It was plain to see that not only had Maureen long since overtaken his outdated ideology, but a number of up and coming managers were doing the same thing. Instead, the prick at the helm kept him on and let him turn us into a Europa League club, inexplicably letting the likes of the scum overtake us despite our obvious financial advantage.

He then chose to appoint Emery - a decent coach (and certainly far superior to the boy in men's clothing at the moment) but not the boldest and best option available to the club at the time. Despite my feelings about punting Dick, that gave rise to an opportunity to make a statement - get an Ancelotti or Allegri to repair the decade of damage. We chose to appoint a novice, defying what would happen in any other industry. Can you imagine one of the FTSE's top companies falling behind their competition and deciding to appoint a 37 year old CEO that had never been a number 1 at another company - unthinkable. Arteta has had six younger managers before him in the entire PL history and they all got the punt within two seasons. It can't, won't and never was going to work

So what happens next? If we stick with this manager for the rest of this season we are going to end up in the bottom half of the table and truly unable to attract any new talent worthy of the name. We won't have European football of any description for the first time in how many years? Must be 30 odd years. If we punt him, then the same mug who has got these appointments wrong before will probably phone dear old Arsene for advice - a man 10 years out of date before he left - and he will recommend some fancy dan new manager from the depths of Ligue 1 to bring back the tippy tappy, pretty but spineless football that his worshippers lapped up for so long

Basically until a new owner rescues us from the clutches of this wig wearing c.unt we are absolutely, 100% fucked and heading for the Championship

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Why is bellerin still taking throw-ins?
However, he did produce the pass of the match, if not the weekend, to put Saka through on goal, who should have hit it first time to score.
Tierney was a trojan in that second half, absolutely determined to not lose that game.

Pepe fucked up, he knows it, nothing vieira didn't do as a player before becoming captain.

My issue is with the set up. Since we've gone to 4-3-3 we've lost more than we've won. We have the players to play 3-4-3. Had Luiz played we'd have created better chances, just because of his sheer football and passing ability would've put Auba through the middle more often. We need 5 defending, 5 attacking. At the moment we have 7 defending 3 attacking.
When we played 4-4-2 under wenger and were successful but we had DB10,Wright or Anelka, with overmars and parlour as attacking four. Then it was DB10, Henry, Pires and Freddie/ Reyes. At the moment we only have Auba. We haven't got that quality up front, so we need 5 attacking players.

I thought we had the better chances to score in the second half, and despite all of leeds chances a 1-0 victory to us would've been a fair result. We had them at arms length for most of the game. Only two of their chances fell inside the box, the others were mainly speculative shots from range.

I'm sorry to say Nelson just isn't up to premier league football for us. His delivery was awful on corners and free kicks. I'd have put eddie on for willian and brought auba to the left wing. Willian was on his hauches at half time, must've been jet lag from his trip to Dubai.

This may seem a bizarre statement, and I know I've made a few, but this season seems to be setting up for an Ozil return in January, becoming a "saviour of the season" and a push for the top 4 in the second half of the campaign.

And I agree, that was a penalty, the arm deflected the ball away from the goal, it was below the bicep and it was an unusual movement, but it would be against the Bielsa narrative of Sky.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 am
Anyone think we’ll score in the first 4 minutes against Wolves? Nah, me neither :suicide:
I don't think we'll score in the first 94 minutes against them rodders :oops: I think they'll turdhole us :cry:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

but it would be against the Bielsa narrative of Sky.

More like he narrative of Riley's PGMOL and sky's " D " notice on anything too controversial .

Having seen some of the penalties already given this season that was was a bang on certainty . However like the Chinese T.V taking back their money over Ozii's politics , if the media in this country want the football they have to toe the line.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:21 am
but it would be against the Bielsa narrative of Sky.

More like he narrative of Riley's PGMOL and sky's " D " notice on anything too controversial .

Having seen some of the penalties already given this season that was was a bang on certainty . However like the Chinese T.V taking back their money over Ozii's politics , if the media in this country want the football they have to toe the line.
Look at the Everton penalty they got at Palace a few weeks back and compare it to the incident the other day. We get fuck all off VAR anyway so what's new.

After the Calum Chambers incident last season (against Wolves wasn't it?) where we had a goal ruled out for absolutely no reason I gave up on any prospect pf VAR being used fairly in this league.

Reilly is SCUM :evil:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm
However, he did produce the pass of the match, if not the weekend, to put Saka through on goal, who should have hit it first time to score.
Tierney was a trojan in that second half, absolutely determined to not lose that game.

Pepe fucked up, he knows it, nothing vieira didn't do as a player before becoming captain.

My issue is with the set up. Since we've gone to 4-3-3 we've lost more than we've won. We have the players to play 3-4-3. Had Luiz played we'd have created better chances, just because of his sheer football and passing ability would've put Auba through the middle more often. We need 5 defending, 5 attacking. At the moment we have 7 defending 3 attacking.
When we played 4-4-2 under wenger and were successful but we had DB10,Wright or Anelka, with overmars and parlour as attacking four. Then it was DB10, Henry, Pires and Freddie/ Reyes. At the moment we only have Auba. We haven't got that quality up front, so we need 5 attacking players.

I thought we had the better chances to score in the second half, and despite all of leeds chances a 1-0 victory to us would've been a fair result. We had them at arms length for most of the game. Only two of their chances fell inside the box, the others were mainly speculative shots from range.

I'm sorry to say Nelson just isn't up to premier league football for us. His delivery was awful on corners and free kicks. I'd have put eddie on for willian and brought auba to the left wing. Willian was on his hauches at half time, must've been jet lag from his trip to Dubai.

This may seem a bizarre statement, and I know I've made a few, but this season seems to be setting up for an Ozil return in January, becoming a "saviour of the season" and a push for the top 4 in the second half of the campaign.

And I agree, that was a penalty, the arm deflected the ball away from the goal, it was below the bicep and it was an unusual movement, but it would be against the Bielsa narrative of Sky.

Would you mind doing me a favour Nos ? If I give you my address, can you send those rose tinted spectacles to me ? Oh and please make sure they arrive before the Spurs game. Thanks mate.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm

The minute that Stan Kroenke became the majority shareholder and employed his son and a bunch of c.unts like Gazidis we were fucked. The chance to do something brave came in 2014 after our Dear Leader broke his 9 year trophy drought with the FA Cup, and a similar chance came up when his next contract expired. It was plain to see that not only had Maureen long since overtaken his outdated ideology, but a number of up and coming managers were doing the same thing. Instead, the prick at the helm kept him on and let him turn us into a Europa League club, inexplicably letting the likes of the scum overtake us despite our obvious financial advantage.

He then chose to appoint Emery - a decent coach (and certainly far superior to the boy in men's clothing at the moment) but not the boldest and best option available to the club at the time. Despite my feelings about punting Dick, that gave rise to an opportunity to make a statement - get an Ancelotti or Allegri to repair the decade of damage. We chose to appoint a novice, defying what would happen in any other industry. Can you imagine one of the FTSE's top companies falling behind their competition and deciding to appoint a 37 year old CEO that had never been a number 1 at another company - unthinkable. Arteta has had six younger managers before him in the entire PL history and they all got the punt within two seasons. It can't, won't and never was going to work

So what happens next? If we stick with this manager for the rest of this season we are going to end up in the bottom half of the table and truly unable to attract any new talent worthy of the name. We won't have European football of any description for the first time in how many years? Must be 30 odd years. If we punt him, then the same mug who has got these appointments wrong before will probably phone dear old Arsene for advice - a man 10 years out of date before he left - and he will recommend some fancy dan new manager from the depths of Ligue 1 to bring back the tippy tappy, pretty but spineless football that his worshippers lapped up for so long

Basically until a new owner rescues us from the clutches of this wig wearing c.unt we are absolutely, 100% fucked and heading for the Championship

Agree mate, I've been saying this for years now. As much as I wanted Wenger gone (since 2007), Kroenke became the real problem at the club. Wenger was only ever as good as the guy keeping him in place and the old fraud was never going to walk away, so it was down to Kroenke to sack him long before he did. Unfortunately, he did all that was required....a CL place, with enough money rolling in and no ambitions to spend big and truly compete. The rot set in and became irreversible, ending up with where we are now.

When we were organising the Wenger Out campaign, most of you will remember that at the end of that season, the club renewed his contract. I argued with the other organisers that for the next season, we had to train our guns on Kroenke and forget Wenger, because it was clear that the fans were never going to turn on Wenger en masse, especially inside the stadium, where it really mattered. They had, however, started to sing the "Stanley Kroenke get out of our club" song in the stadium. I thought that if we really targeted Kroenke, then he'd be more inclined to sack Wenger to relieve the pressure on him, but above all, that he was ultimately the problem, regardless of who the manager was. I lost the argument, as the majority still wanted to target Wenger.

We're no more than an investment vehicle for Stan and he'll never put a single coin of his own money in to bankroll the club. He has no footballing ambition, beyond CL qualification and the revenue it generates and as he's told us, he's not interested in trophies. It's hard to imagine a worse situation, a club that ought to be competing at the top level, being paralysed by the wrong, yet immovable, owner. :(

It's all academic now, because it's hard to see us ever being rid of the parasite, unless his investment begins to seriously lose money and that probably means relegation. Catch 22 for the supporters I fear.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:02 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Would you mind doing me a favour Nos ? If I give you my address, can you send those rose tinted spectacles to me ? Oh and please make sure they arrive before the Spurs game. Thanks mate.
Should have been 3-0 or 4-0.....worst performance for a long time

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

just watched the Tierney incident, not one of his teammates backed him up.

not surprisingly Xhaxa was an absolute *word censored* as always

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:22 pm
just watched the Tierney incident, not one of his teammates backed him up.

not surprisingly Xhaxa was an absolute *word censored* as always

Seeing how he pulls out of tackles ( even when they're 60% in his favour), he's the last bloke you'd want next to you if it all kicks off.